Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GW2 Captain

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,910 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Aubamayang home to Burnley
    Taxuser1 wrote: »
    xG based on last season is surely not relevant to new manager in with different style and philosophy? stats cant hide what was there for all to see - Brighton were good across the pitch, Watford not so much.

Think he’s referring to the xG in that match. I’m not a complete expert on the mechanics of xG and it certainly has its limitations, but it’s not without its merits when used in combination with critical thought.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,731 ✭✭✭Pete_Cavan

Other
    eh i dunno wrote: »
    Risky, siggy was poor last week and depending on injuries there is a small chance he could play deeper if gomes is missing
    I'd Gbamin and Davies are more likely to come in at CM than Siggy dropping deeper.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,078 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

all talk of Salah being rested is mental.

top flight football = top flight recovery products and vitamin injections for quicker recovery. Those lads will be bouncing off the ground by 3pm Saturday. Istanbul is a 4 hour flight in a private plane with likely IV drips everywhere. Salah wasn't taken off because he's able to do 120 minutes and recover to play 90 minutes at the same level on Saturday - what do you think Klopp views as more important, 3 points or a mickey mouse cup. Premier League footballers are like tour de france cyclists in every comparable way, wxcept cycling banned recovery products by injection, unlike football. I'd put my house on Mane Firminio and Salah starting, sewing up the game early and then taking them off as required.

Players need to be rested, physically and mentally . Salah has played alot of games , it will be only a matter of time before he gets injured if he keeps playing the way he does. Salah could very well be rested.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,233 ✭✭✭munster87

Players need to be rested, physically and mentally . Salah has played alot of games , it will be only a matter of time before he gets injured if he keeps playing the way he does. Salah could very well be rested.

https://twitter.com/bendinnery/status/1162308474539261952?s=21

• Registered Users Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Benimar

Other

He’s played 3 games in 12 days, hardly excessive. He had a full 4 weeks without a competitive match before that. He also has 7 days after tomorrow before his next game.

Also, Klopp said that himself and Mané were the least affected by Wednesday night. I’m 100% confident Salah starts tomorrow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36,086 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

he could be. but he won't. not 2 or 3 games in. it's just not going to happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭IK09

Mokuba wrote: »
    I completely disagree. I watched that Southampton game and they were unbelievably bad. They haven't a good centre back in the whole squad and have to play 3 of them to make up for it. The midfielders are too slow to make up the required ground to compensate for being in a 2. To compensate for that they need hard workers up front, which they have on the bench in Long and Obafemi, but those two aren't prolific, or at least in Obafemis case we don't know if he is yet. Maybe Djenepo will be another Mane (which is what they are gambling on) but I wouldn't like to pin my hopes for the season on that.

Ralph lost his assistant, the recruitment for the past 3 seasons has been diabolical and they are in massive danger this season.

Have you been listening to Paul Merson?

Never listen to Paul Merson

• Registered Users Posts: 14,350 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

xG based on last season is surely not relevant to new manager in with different style and philosophy? stats cant hide what was there for all to see - Brighton were good across the pitch, Watford not so much.

I was referring to xG for the match last weekend

I wasn’t massively impressed by Brighton at all. Watford are good.. I’d say very good. Was just one of them 1 in 100 games where everything went their way.

Like I said though - I fancy a 1-0 or 2-1 to Everton

callaway92 wrote: »
    I was referring to xG for the match last weekend

I wasn’t massively impressed by Brighton at all. Watford are good.. I’d say very good. Was just one of them 1 in 100 games where everything went their way.

Like I said though - I fancy a 1-0 or 2-1 to Everton

The xg would have been higher if it wasn't an og the ball was going straight to murray in front of goal unmarked.

They didn't have a lot of shots mind you but going 1-0 earlish away from home would make them play a bit more defensively

• Registered Users Posts: 1,063 ✭✭✭wrestlemaniac

Salah for me, looks dangerous against any opponent

• Advertisement

The xg would have been higher if it wasn't an og the ball was going straight to murray in front of goal unmarked.

They didn't have a lot of shots mind you but going 1-0 earlish away from home would make them play a bit more defensively

The data we have in work caters for that - xG is reflective of true events

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Can’t believe the talk of Salah being rested. Didn’t we go through all this last season where he looked lethargic, one paced & physically/mentally drained yet he played all the time.

He looks sharp this season & im afraid to switch it off him for this reason & PEA is s 12:30 game which I hate captaining in

• Registered Users Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Chesty08 wrote: »
    Can’t believe the talk of Salah being rested. Didn’t we go through all this last season where he looked lethargic, one paced & physically/mentally drained yet he played all the time.

He looks sharp this season & im afraid to switch it off him for this reason & PEA is s 12:30 game which I hate captaining in

I don't think people think he'll be rested, just if Liverpool are 3-0 up and he gets subbed in the 60th-70th minute which is entirely possible.

Just hope he scores thsoe 3 goals :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 21,096 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Salah's last 12 games after a midweek game.
    9 Full games
    3 ~73min games

• Registered Users Posts: 32,910 ✭✭✭✭CSF

PARlance wrote: »
    Salah's last 12 games after a midweek game.
    9 Full games
    3 ~73min games

120 mins with only 2 rest days would certainly test the theory. But I certainly think he at least starts.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Salah, without doubt.

If I had Auba, there would be doubt.

He will get 60 minutes at least so enough time to score a hattrick :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭Irishphotodesk

Taking the gamble ... Firminho (c)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭Tandey

Sterling.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,137 ✭✭✭✭km79

Siggy

• Registered Users Posts: 14,240 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Raheem

• Advertisement

I stuck with Digne.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,737 ✭✭✭crushproof

Salah away to Southampton
    Punt on Pukki

• Registered Users Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭Always Be Closing

Other
    PEA booked

Captain fail thus far

callaway92 wrote: »
    The data we have in work caters for that - xG is reflective of true events

O cool, do you mind me asking what field you work in?

O cool, do you mind me asking what field you work in?

Sports Analytics - less fun than it sounds

• Registered Users Posts: 2,737 ✭✭✭crushproof

Salah away to Southampton
    crushproof wrote: »
    Punt on Pukki

Absolutely chuffed with this!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,525 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Head said play safe and go with Salah, gut said Sterling. His brace later will be annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,137 ✭✭✭✭km79

km79 wrote: »
    It’s going to take a lot of will power not to captain siggy at home to Watford
    Or digne ...........

Edging closer

To siggy
    Sigh

I stuck with Digne.

OH YEHHHHHHHHHH

• Advertisement
Advertisement