Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GW2 Captain

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,690 ✭✭✭Mokuba

I would argue Burnley at home is the easier game than Saints away

Plus Salah has the midweek game and that flight to Turkey and backto deal with

Lacazette, Luiz and a few others to return and supply more ammunition for PEA

Seems a no brainer to me, although notoriously the early Saturday motning captaincy has gone tits up for me

I completely disagree. I watched that Southampton game and they were unbelievably bad. They haven't a good centre back in the whole squad and have to play 3 of them to make up for it. The midfielders are too slow to make up the required ground to compensate for being in a 2. To compensate for that they need hard workers up front, which they have on the bench in Long and Obafemi, but those two aren't prolific, or at least in Obafemis case we don't know if he is yet. Maybe Djenepo will be another Mane (which is what they are gambling on) but I wouldn't like to pin my hopes for the season on that.

Ralph lost his assistant, the recruitment for the past 3 seasons has been diabolical and they are in massive danger this season.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,131 ✭✭✭✭km79

It’s going to take a lot of will power not to captain siggy at home to Watford
    Or digne ...........

Edging closer

• Registered Users Posts: 4,279 ✭✭✭-=al=-

Liverpool and Chelsea into extra time in Istanbul

Captain switch to Sterling on the cards

• Registered Users Posts: 4,994 ✭✭✭c.p.w.g.w

Aubamayang home to Burnley
    -=al=- wrote: »

Or Barkley his going to be fair fresh

• Registered Users Posts: 6,430 ✭✭✭touts

Salah away to Southampton
    -=al=- wrote: »

Just done it. Salah looked shattered when the whistle went at 90min. I reckon Sterling is good for at least 1 against that Spurs defence..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,809 ✭✭✭bantee

km79 wrote: »
    Or digne ...........

Edging closer

Just switched from Salah to Richi myself

• Registered Users Posts: 15,262 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Sterling i think. On the back of a hat-trick. I think Aguero will start so that will mean Sterling on the left, up against KWP. Would absolutely be captaining Auba if i had him though

• Registered Users Posts: 13,290 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Other
    Amazed that 2/3rds of people are captaining Salah.

Played 120mins, 90mins, 120mins in his 3 games so far.

I mean, he's a beast, but it's Aubameyang for me

• Registered Users Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭evil_seed

8-10 wrote: »
    Amazed that 2/3rds of people are captaining Salah.

Played 120mins, 90mins, 120mins in his 3 games so far.

I mean, he's a beast, but it's Aubameyang for me

I voted yesterday before the game last night. I'm changing to Sterling/ Siggy

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭ShimSlady

Captain Richarlison in for Salah

Leaves me funds to upgrade KDB to Sterling next week

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 42,079 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Other
    evil_seed wrote: »
    I voted yesterday before the game last night. I'm changing to Sterling/ Siggy

That's the problem with starting these threads too early. A sizeable percentage of those Salah voters will be switching to Sterling et al now.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

km79 wrote: »
    Or digne ...........

Edging closer

Already posted mine is on Digne. But fear is getting the better of me and thinking Salah :(

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭ShimSlady

Already posted mine is on Digne. But fear is getting the better of me and thinking Salah :(

Wouldnt be surprised to see Liverpool starting Mané/Origi/Firminho up top at the weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 6,430 ✭✭✭touts

ShimSlady wrote: »
    Wouldnt be surprised to see Liverpool starting Mané/Origi/Firminho up top at the weekend

Yes. Mane looking like a great option. Problem is have to drop Salah or Sterling to get him and I don't fancy that after this week. Unless there is word from the press conference that Salah will be rested then it will be a quick 1 week change.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭Taxuser1

all talk of Salah being rested is mental.

top flight football = top flight recovery products and vitamin injections for quicker recovery. Those lads will be bouncing off the ground by 3pm Saturday. Istanbul is a 4 hour flight in a private plane with likely IV drips everywhere. Salah wasn't taken off because he's able to do 120 minutes and recover to play 90 minutes at the same level on Saturday - what do you think Klopp views as more important, 3 points or a mickey mouse cup. Premier League footballers are like tour de france cyclists in every comparable way, wxcept cycling banned recovery products by injection, unlike football. I'd put my house on Mane Firminio and Salah starting, sewing up the game early and then taking them off as required.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭The real mccoy 91

Long game last night took me off salah I was considering Ricky but I don't think I can looking at it from the point of I would much rather captain sterling and he blanks than captain Ricky and he blanks it seems a bit too punty considering how average Everton looked in pre season and last week

• Registered Users Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Benimar

Other
    Taxuser1 wrote: »
    all talk of Salah being rested is mental.

top flight football = top flight recovery products and vitamin injections for quicker recovery. Those lads will be bouncing off the ground by 3pm Saturday. Istanbul is a 4 hour flight in a private plane with likely IV drips everywhere. Salah wasn't taken off because he's able to do 120 minutes and recover to play 90 minutes at the same level on Saturday - what do you think Klopp views as more important, 3 points or a mickey mouse cup. Premier League footballers are like tour de france cyclists in every comparable way, wxcept cycling banned recovery products by injection, unlike football. I'd put my house on Mane Firminio and Salah starting, sewing up the game early and then taking them off as required.

This.

Also Liverpool have no midweek game next week, so there will be recovery time then.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,647 ✭✭✭sheroman01

Salah seems in really, really good form. Despite the 120 mins midweek, I still think he can explode. But,objectively, Auba seems the better choice (if I bring him in).

• Registered Users Posts: 7,534 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

It would be peculiar to rest salah now. Other opportunities to do so

• Registered Users Posts: 10,508 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

I don't actually like any other of my players as captain this week now that I've looked. Fraser the next best and that's saying something. Might just stick with Salah.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,065 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Would love to go with Siggy but will stay with Sterling

• Registered Users Posts: 6,690 ✭✭✭Pete_Cavan

Other
    Of course Salah won't be rested but it is entirely possible that his recent game time plus this weeks travel could affect his performance on Saturday.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭but1er

Going siggy home to a very poor Watford

• Registered Users Posts: 12,012 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

but1er wrote: »

Risky, siggy was poor last week and depending on injuries there is a small chance he could play deeper if gomes is missing

• Registered Users Posts: 4,647 ✭✭✭sheroman01

eh i dunno wrote: »
    Risky, siggy was poor last week and depending on injuries there is a small chance he could play deeper if gomes is missing

He had a goal cleared off the line, and uncharacteristically missed a sitter from 6 yards out vs Palace. Granted I didn't see the full game but if he did play bad, he was still inches away from 2 goals! He may not be the number one captain choice this week, but still a good asset for the coming weeks.

sheroman01 wrote: »
    He had a goal cleared off the line, and uncharacteristically missed a sitter from 6 yards out vs Palace. Granted I didn't see the full game but if he did play bad, he was still inches away from 2 goals! He may not be the number one captain choice this week, but still a good asset for the coming weeks.
    I watched the 90 mins and he was very poor. Iwobi will be competing for a spot now too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,690 ✭✭✭Mokuba

eh i dunno wrote: »
    I watched the 90 mins and he was very poor. Iwobi will be competing for a spot now too

Iwobi will be competing with Bernard. Sigurdsson won't be dropped.

Mokuba wrote: »
    Iwobi will be competing with Bernard. Sigurdsson won't be dropped.

Bernard can also play as a ten

• Registered Users Posts: 14,301 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

but1er wrote: »

Watford are not poor at all.

Was a miracle job for Brighton last week. Performed 2.25 above their xG - Ben Foster had a poor game.

In saying that; I do fancy Everton to win, because statistically, they were unlucky to not win last week and I do think are strong this season.

Surely you have somebody else like an Auba type player?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭Taxuser1

callaway92 wrote: »
    Watford are not poor at all.

Was a miracle job for Brighton last week. Performed 2.25 above their xG - Ben Foster had a poor game.

In saying that; I do fancy Everton to win, because statistically, they were unlucky to not win last week and I do think are strong this season.

Surely you have somebody else like an Auba type player?

xG based on last season is surely not relevant to new manager in with different style and philosophy? stats cant hide what was there for all to see - Brighton were good across the pitch, Watford not so much.

Advertisement