Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kilkenny GAA Thread Part 3 **MOD NOTE POST 1***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭dubcat51

My team
    Eoin
    Paul
    Huw
    Joey
    Paddy
    Padraig
    Connor
    Connor B
    James
    Adrian
    Tj
    Wally
    Richie
    Colin
    John donnelly

• Registered Users Posts: 613 ✭✭✭Nickindublin

My Team if all fit and training well

E Murphy
    P Murphy
    H Lawlor
    J Holden
    P Deegan
    P Walsh
    C Fogarty
    C Browne
    C Buckley
    W Walsh
    TJ Reid
    J Donnelly
    R Hogan
    C Fennelly
    A Mullen

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 304 ✭✭Prestonites

My Team if all fit and training well

E Murphy
    P Murphy
    H Lawlor
    J Holden
    P Deegan
    P Walsh
    C Fogarty
    C Browne
    C Buckley
    W Walsh
    TJ Reid
    J Donnelly
    R Hogan
    C Fennelly
    A Mullen
    I feel in this game TJ would be best coming in around 40-45 mins, allow him free roam to pull the strings then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,148 ✭✭✭mountgomery burns

I feel in this game TJ would be best coming in around 40-45 mins, allow him free roam to pull the strings then.

Genuine question, are you serious?

• Registered Users Posts: 931 ✭✭✭Cornerback1

Are you talking about coming on as a sub or coming in around full forward?

If it's the first suggestion, you must be from Tipp!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,436 ✭✭✭kk.man

I think Buckley would be better starting. I'd worry about injury with him, better to start him and replace than as a sub and replace. I hope he gets up to speed on his touch etc as it obvious from last day he missed out on alot of hurling throughout the year same with Maher

• Registered Users Posts: 1,625 ✭✭✭Lefty Bicek

Genuine question, are you serious?

Pure gold.

:D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 304 ✭✭Prestonites

Are you talking about coming on as a sub or coming in around full forward?

If it's the first suggestion, you must be from Tipp!!!

Coming on as a sub, 32 years of age this year hes alot of miles, why allow him burn out in a final when you can man manage and get the best for him and the team.

Coming on as a sub, 32 years of age this year hes alot of miles, why allow him burn out in a final when you can man manage and get the best for him and the team.

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,691 ✭✭✭Grats

All Ireland time on Boards never fails to entertain. It brings out the "best" in posters. Helps to calm the nerves!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭savannahkat

Watched Shane McGrath, Tipp Capt in 13 on our game. Came across as a gentleman as well as very astute. He of course went for a Tipp win but offered a lot of respect to Kilkenny. Kind of guy similar to Shane Stapleton, you could listen to for hours. Watched Lar Corbett on Sports Joe with Derek McGrath, Lar was very angry with some of Jackie Tyrell's Comments in Jackies book as well as mentioning being boo'd in Nowlan Park, however he did accept the booing as a compliment and as a mark of respect (which in a way it was if not really intended as such)still though you could see the anger all through his interview and finally Derek McGrath suffice it to say he was Tipp all through when he was'ent promoting himself, for a while on Sports Joe I was wondering who Tipp were going to play next Sunday.

...Watched Lar Corbett on Sports Joe with Derek McGrath, Lar was very angry with some of Jackie Tyrell's Comments in Jackies book as well as mentioning being boo'd in Nowlan Park, however he did accept the booing as a compliment and as a mark of respect (which in a way it was if not really intended as such)still though you could see the anger all through his interview...

Hang on, are we talking about the evening the man went off with his hamstring in two halves ? That booing was pure ignorance. Nothing else.

For contrast, there is a great moment in the '09 final where PJ Ryan made a point blank save and Lar jogged on to him with a pat on the shoulder.

Watch it here from 9:05...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7UifFiaNdAM&t=1782s

What a compliment and mark of respect should look like.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Corrigible

Listening to some of these interviews with Tipp guys it's obvious that they expect to win. Confidence is good but it's dangerous psychologically for Tipp if we get ahead of them early. I'm not confident of winning but I think we have a very good chance. As a team we have evolved during the championship and have found some new key players (e.g. Conor Browne) and also have had some returning from injury. People made a big deal out of Limerick being ambushed but you know in the first half Colin was in for a second goal when Ritchie English fumbled the ball but inexplicably got a free out. Then they got that dodgy penalty - which they fouled. Six points right there and game over. So maybe we are better than everyone thinks.
    We need to stop the supply to their forwards and take their half back line out of the game. How do we do it? - That's up to the management team :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭savannahkat

Hang on, are we talking about the evening the man went off with his hamstring in two halves ? That booing was pure ignorance. Nothing else.

For contrast, there is a great moment in the '09 final where PJ Ryan made a point blank save and Lar jogged on to him with a pat on the shoulder.

Only repeating what the man himself said in his interview. Not making a case eitherway

Only repeating what the man himself said in his interview. Not making a case eitherway

I know that, or at least I assumed that. Sorry if I gave offence.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 499 ✭✭Joe Daly

Ignorance there was a lot made of that evening in Nowlan park, less made of the injury that happened to Michael Rice in the 2012 all Ireland semi final which no player was brought to justice , and insult of a ref that is still making a shambles every time he goes out. Lar embarrassed himself in that 2012 all Ireland semi final.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,290 ✭✭✭Martin567

...Watched Lar Corbett on Sports Joe with Derek McGrath, Lar was very angry with some of Jackie Tyrell's Comments in Jackies book as well as mentioning being boo'd in Nowlan Park, however he did accept the booing as a compliment and as a mark of respect (which in a way it was if not really intended as such)still though you could see the anger all through his interview...

Should Tommy Walsh take it as a mark of respect that Lar spent the entire 2012 match trying to provoke Tommy into getting a red card? Lar had no interest in even trying to hurl that day.

• Registered Users Posts: 931 ✭✭✭Cornerback1

Cut out the tit for tat stuff lads on the eve of a final between 2 evenly matched teams.

Should be a cracker.

Martin567 wrote: »
    Should Tommy Walsh take it as a mark of respect that Lar spent the entire 2012 match trying to provoke Tommy into getting a red card? Lar had no interest in even trying to hurl that day.

You could add Padraig Maher to that list .

Cut out the tit for tat stuff lads on the eve of a final between 2 evenly matched teams.

Should be a cracker.

Nothing wrong with speaking the truth, T Walsh was booed of the pitch in Thurles he is still not talking about it .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 DW94HC

I have 2 tickets for 715 of the Upper Cusack but wouldn't be a great lover of heights! Is there anyone who'd be willing to swap for a lower?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,853 ✭✭✭Brian017

What is 408 like?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,704 ✭✭✭citykat

A little context is always helpful here. Corbett was sent off in the league in Nowlan Park (along with JJ) just two months prior to this game for fighting. A lot of comment at the time (didn't see it myself) was that Corbett started the row by hitting JJ a dig in the nuts. That kind of carry on aint going to win you too many admirers in Kilkenny.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,534 ✭✭✭Chalk McHugh

Joe Daly wrote: »
    Nothing wrong with speaking the truth, T Walsh was booed of the pitch in Thurles he is still not talking about it .

Jackie Tyrells chapter on Tipp in his book was the most hateful thing i've ever read in a sports book. It was a disgrace really. No need for all the personnal insults and didn't shine a good light on Jackie at all imo. Very poor form.

citykat wrote: »
    A little context is always helpful here. Corbett was sent off in the league in Nowlan Park (along with JJ) just two months prior to this game for fighting. A lot of comment at the time (didn't see it myself) was that Corbett started the row by hitting JJ a dig in the nuts. That kind of carry on aint going to win you too many admirers in Kilkenny.

Never had Lar down as a dirty hurler who struck anyone in the nuts or anywhere else.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,704 ✭✭✭citykat

Never had Lar down as a dirty hurler who struck anyone in the nuts or anywhere else.

Prior to 2012, I never had him down as a stalker...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 263 ✭✭PatrickSmithUS

Have a funny feeling Hue Lawlor is going to be destroyed by Callinan.

Callinan is great odds for MOTM and HOTY double.

citykat wrote: »
    Prior to 2012, I never had him down as a stalker...

Really? I remember him stalking the Kilkenny full back line like a cheetah in the Serengheti back in the 2010 final where he filled his belly with warm Kilkenny meat. Mm nice meal.

• Registered Users Posts: 259 ✭✭SteJer

Jackie Tyrells chapter on Tipp in his book was the most hateful thing i've ever read in a sports book. It was a disgrace really. No need for all the personnal insults and didn't shine a good light on Jackie at all imo. Very poor form.

Boo Hoo!! I'm sure grown men can take a few insults. At least Jackie never ruined a players career by inflicting a devastating finger injury like Padraic Maher did to Michael Rice in 2012.

• Advertisement

SteJer wrote: »
    Boo Hoo!! I'm sure grown men can take a few insults. At least Jackie never ruined a players career by inflicting a devastating finger injury like Padraic Maher did to Michael Rice in 2012.

I'd say your own county would be in uproar if a similiar chapter in a book insulted ye like that. Without a doubt id say. Tipp didn't make a big deal of it but it was a disgrace.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement