Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

gaa final tickets

• 13-08-2019 11:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,426 ✭✭✭

I just read that tickets are gone up by €10 to €90.
    Can the market bear this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭kala85

Crazy prices particularly for Davin stands and the players aren't even getting paid.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,400 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

The finals will always sell out. 10e increase (12.5%) is obscene though. No justification, no necessity for it.

The "all stand seats are equal" policy needs to be killed with fire. Lower canal end in the corner or behind goals costing the same as on the 65? Nonsense.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,030 ✭✭✭KrustyUCC

Well if somebody doesn't want to pay the increases then just don't buy the ticket

Both finals will be a sell out with plenty playing well over the cost price of the ticket just to see the match

I do think €85 would have been more appropriate than €90

• Registered Users Posts: 7,759 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

Gob****es will pay multiples of that from touts.
    Supply & Demand baby, Economics 101.

Don't think either finals will sell out this year

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,208 ✭✭✭ClanofLams

Falling attendances in football. GAA trying to ensure income doesn’t fall too much.

• Registered Users Posts: 718 ✭✭✭MattressRick

KrustyUCC wrote: »
    Well if somebody doesn't want to pay the increases then just don't buy the ticket

Both finals will be a sell out with plenty playing well over the cost price of the ticket just to see the match

I do think €85 would have been more appropriate than €90

Not a hope the hurling will sell out.

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭catrat12

Not a hope the hurling will sell out.

Well if you get a ticket I will take it and yes it’s getting pricey now all right but like another poster said it’s the market

• Registered Users Posts: 6,405 ✭✭✭Tombo2001

I think its a bad PR move by the GAA.

But the counterpoint is that tickets have been attractively priced the whole way up to now.

In particular, kids tickets have been a fiver the whole way along, including semifinal.

For example, €60 to bring an adult and two kids to either of those hurling semi-finals was really good value.

This has to be seen in the overall scheme of things; its unfair just to take the final tickets in isolation.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,118 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Two finals, Minor and Senior.
    Great atmosphere and colour.
    State of the art facilities.
    Half-time entertainment.
    Only happens once a year.

Terrific value.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,188 ✭✭✭✭RMAOK

Two finals, Minor and Senior.
    Great atmosphere and colour.
    State of the art facilities.
    Half-time entertainment.
    Only happens once a year.

Terrific value.

I agree with you on everything except the half time entertainment. It can be very cringy sometimes - I'm on about these impersonations etc. Moreso than the Irish music

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 304 ✭✭Prestonites

kala85 wrote: »
    Don't think either finals will sell out this year

Well there's 109k tickets requested for football and hurling is sold out

• Registered Users Posts: 16,626 ✭✭✭✭BPKS

You could bring your kids (if they are under 16) to the 7 league games and they would get in for free.

€5 a ticket for the rest of the games (so for a Kerry fan, that would be €35 for 7 games.

So an under 16 could have seen all 14 Kerry games so far this year for a grand total of €35.

And some people are complaining about having to pay €90 for a final for a child then. Get off the stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,426 ✭✭✭maestroamado

Personally i think the timing of this is bad since there is a lot being made of the dominance of Dublin football in recent years.
    This is the reason i stopped going 10 years ago as i noticed the development of the game seemed focused on the larger counties and the weaker counties being left behind.
    The big gripe i have is the justification the gaa gave today was that they are an amatuer organization, The Dublin gaa and gaa are not amatuer and this is a silly justification.
    They say "if you give them enough they will hang themselves"

Personally i think the timing of this is bad since there is a lot being made of the dominance of Dublin football in recent years.
    This is the reason i stopped going 10 years ago as i noticed the development of the game seemed focused on the larger counties and the weaker counties being left behind.
    The big gripe i have is the justification the gaa gave today was that they are an amatuer organization, The Dublin gaa and gaa are not amatuer and this is a silly justification.
    They say "if you give them enough they will hang themselves"

Are any of the Dublin panel paid by GAA?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,426 ✭✭✭maestroamado

Are any of the Dublin panel paid by GAA?

Dublin County Board have a Chief Executive Officer and this question be better presented to the well paid executive officers of this great organization if we could get rid of top heavy management administrators...

Dublin County Board have a Chief Executive Officer and this question be better presented to the well paid executive officers of this great organization if we could get rid of top heavy management administrators...

I'll answer it none of them do

• Registered Users Posts: 931 ✭✭✭Tomw86

Fans of both Kerry and Dublin who have travelled up and down the country through the League and Championship will have no problem paying the €90 and they are frankly the ones who should be attending the final. Dublin fans recently outnumbered Tyrone fans by about 2 to 1 for the Super 8's game in Omagh despite it being a dead-rubber and a 2nd string team - this shows the dedication of a large majority of Dublin fans.

If you are complaining about the price hike then I would wager that you went to very few, if any away games.

The football final will sell out at that price and probably would at a higher price too.

For perspective, that is still cheaper than the Westlife concert in Croke Park and you'll be getting more bang for your buck with the Football finals (Minor and Senior).

• Registered Users Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

We're too soft in this country. We just accept these changes and expect them to be the norm. There should have been anarchy when the GAA announced this over the winter. We even had that idiot Clerkin defending the hike in prices, keep the kids away from the final was his argument. I am a season ticket holder and the cost of sustaining that is bad enough. The Super 8's are another money making exercise. The players playing way more matches and the fans forking out to go to these matches. The GAA is pushing the match going fan further and further away

• Registered Users Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭andrew1977

Nally stand tickets now on sale on tickets.ie , 45 euro each.

• Advertisement

Well there's 109k tickets requested for football and hurling is sold out

How do you know that.

There will be plenty of tickets on the morning of the match.

We're too soft in this country. We just accept these changes and expect them to be the norm. There should have been anarchy when the GAA announced this over the winter. We even had that idiot Clerkin defending the hike in prices, keep the kids away from the final was his argument. I am a season ticket holder and the cost of sustaining that is bad enough. The Super 8's are another money making exercise. The players playing way more matches and the fans forking out to go to these matches. The GAA is pushing the match going fan further and further away

But they're not. As someone pointed out earlier - kids get in to all league games for free and Championship for €5, that is exceptionally cheap.

€90 for the final is expensive, but no more than some people would spend on a night out. Sacrifice a night out and spend it on a final ticket instead, simple.

If you cannot maintain your season ticket then there is no charge for giving it up and just going to games as and when you can. There is a long line of people looking for Dublin season ticket in particular.

What we have in this country is not people being too soft, but people complaining too much - no one is making you buy these tickets or go to GAA matches. Can't afford or don't want to prioritise it, don't go...simple!!!

kala85 wrote: »
    How do you know that.

There will be plenty of tickets on the morning of the match.

How do I know what? There is full allocation gone to the boards now as of Thursday last week mast tickets arrived in clubs today. The tickets being issued by CB now and GAA are 4500 tickets then it's a complete sell out. If you can buy a ticket officially match day tour doing well.

andrew1977 wrote: »

That's for the hurling, very good price though.

Will the football follow suit I wonder?

andrew1977 wrote: »

Keeps saying session timed out straight away someone please get me 2

catrat12 wrote: »

If it says token expired they are sold out

No just time run out after 2 seconds

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭tippingpoint

They're still available. I selected NALLC3 and can get in to reserve them. Just try again and select different option to the one you pressed the first time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,936 ✭✭✭dzer2

Nally stand tickets available in Kilkenny if ye are stuck

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,043 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Which Nally stand ones are the ones to get, have option of nally1,2,3,4 or D ??

No problem through tickets.ie already picked up 4 for someone. Keep trying it will go through just hit the back button and resubmit took me a few goes..

Advertisement