Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

gaa final tickets

Options
12346»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,728 ✭✭✭✭BPKS

Thats lies. Plane and simple all clubs benefit off their subscriptions and if your involved with a club post who here and im sure someone will clarify it for you. Theres an AGM every year with clubs where this will be discussed

Its the truth here. I can definitively say that. No money from Cul Camp goes back to the host club.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 304 ✭✭Prestonites

BPKS wrote: »
    Thats lies. Plane and simple all clubs benefit off their subscriptions and if your involved with a club post who here and im sure someone will clarify it for you. Theres an AGM every year with clubs where this will be discussed

Its the truth here. I can definitively say that. No money from Cul Camp goes back to the host club.

Whos your club?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,426 ✭✭✭maestroamado

So club members subscriptions to cul camp a % is paid back to the club. That is why clubs provide volunteers facilities. No club will just provide these facilities and time for the sake of it lets be real. Huge profit is paid back to county boards from Cul camps it wssnt always shared.

You have stated earlier you are a gaa employee and to say someone is telling lies is not on.

Why would someone who has stated here that their a gaa official ask a poster where was their club?
    I think if you announce to the gaa organization who you are and the rubbish you put here your welcome at HQ may change somewhat...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,883 ✭✭✭kala85

You have stated earlier you are a gaa employee and to say someone is telling lies is not on.

Why would someone who has stated here that their a gaa official ask a poster where was their club?
    I think if you announce to the gaa organization who you are and the rubbish you put here your welcome at HQ may change somewhat...

I think thats a bit harsh to Prestonites in fairness. He is allowed to put forward his opinion as much as everyone else.

In fairness to him, he seems to know the inside workings of HQ and in fairness to him, he may be correct that either some of the cul camps money is SUPPOSED to go to the venues/ clubs or indeed that is the case in his local club or county and the money does go to his local club.

Maybe some counties pay the local clubs a certain fee -for their fields or venues to allow the cul camps to take part , say 300e or 400e per club Id expect or maybe they give free places to some local children who might not be able to afford it.

All I know is in my club I have not seen cul camp money coming in - however, I very much stand corrected if this is the case and if this has happened in recent years it is to be very much welcomed.

I will be watching the club accounts very carefully at this years agm to see if the club gets any cul camp money and might even check with the county treasurer and GDAs to see if this is the case.

Sometimes what can happen, is money that is earmarked by croke park for certain activities can be diverted off to other areas ( like county team management expenses) by the time it reaches the county boards.

So club members subscriptions to cul camp a % is paid back to the club. That is why clubs provide volunteers facilities. No club will just provide these facilities and time for the sake of it lets be real. Huge profit is paid back to county boards from Cul camps it wssnt always shared.

Hahaha a few people here know who i am. I pointed out if was lies cause it is. The Clubs should be receiving the funds if they arent its an issue for your CB not the GAA. County management is a different level. Wind your neck in and have a word with yourself.

• Advertisement

Hahaha a few people here know who i am. I pointed out if was lies cause it is. The Clubs should be receiving the funds if they arent its an issue for your CB not the GAA. County management is a different level. Wind your neck in and have a word with yourself.

Its eejits like you who have destroyed the gaa.
    Do you want a listn of the clubs that are collecting community sport Ireland funding?

kala85 wrote: »
    I think thats a bit harsh to Prestonites in fairness. He is allowed to put forward his opinion as much as everyone else.

In fairness to him, he seems to know the inside workings of HQ and in fairness to him, he may be correct that either some of the cul camps money is SUPPOSED to go to the venues/ clubs or indeed that is the case in his local club or county and the money does go to his local club.

Maybe some counties pay the local clubs a certain fee -for their fields or venues to allow the cul camps to take part , say 300e or 400e per club Id expect or maybe they give free places to some local children who might not be able to afford it.

All I know is in my club I have not seen cul camp money coming in - however, I very much stand corrected if this is the case and if this has happened in recent years it is to be very much welcomed.

I will be watching the club accounts very carefully at this years agm to see if the club gets any cul camp money and might even check with the county treasurer and GDAs to see if this is the case.

Sometimes what can happen, is money that is earmarked by croke park for certain activities can be diverted off to other areas ( like county team management expenses) by the time it reaches the county boards.

Calling someone a "LIAR" is not fair but it seems you think its ok.
    He asked me for "proof" earlier.
    And he is the supposed informed person...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,883 ✭✭✭kala85

Calling someone a "LIAR" is not fair but it seems you think its ok.
    He asked me for "proof" earlier.
    And he is the supposed informed person...

Im just trying to reason with both sides that's all.

Maybe the clubs are supposed to be getting a cut of the money but in reality the county boards aren't passing it on.

kala85 wrote: »
    Im just trying to reason with both sides that's all.

Maybe the clubs are supposed to be getting a cut of the money but in reality the county boards aren't passing it on.

Basically your defending someone who you agree we all have a view.
    This person was told straight up "that"s lies"
    You cannot reason with people who make comments like this.

That is not acceptable to me and the informed person you mention

should have used better language...

• Registered Users Posts: 828 ✭✭✭Stationmaster

No club in my county is receiving a cent from the Cul camps. That's a fact.

• Advertisement

No club in my county is receiving a cent from the Cul camps. That's a fact.
    Are you on the county management?

Its gob****es like you that have the gaa destroyed.
    Why do you question everybody? and answer nobody.
    You need to cop-on.
    If you had an ounce of decency and since you seem to be an important official in
    the said gaa you could have asked the County and fallow what this person said up.
    Then you could ask a question with said info.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,770 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

You can really see why everyone always compliments the GAA for having officials who are very in touch with the grassroots.

keane2097 wrote: »
    You can really see why everyone always compliments the GAA for having officials who are very in touch with the grassroots.

Where is the grassroots here this is an internet forum. Poster above who asked about his county I have engaged with in PM and directed him to the officials who can help him. Maybe go out and coach the kids in your locam club or line a pitch on here shouting about grassroots, some craic

• Registered Users Posts: 17,770 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Where is the grassroots here this is an internet forum. Poster above who asked about his county I have engaged with in PM and directed him to the officials who can help him. Maybe go out and coach the kids in your locam club or line a pitch on here shouting about grassroots, some craic

ok

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭bruschi

to add to others, I have never heard of money from Cul camps being redistributed by county boards to clubs.

bruschi wrote: »
    to add to others, I have never heard of money from Cul camps being redistributed by county boards to clubs.

I dont know why such a debate is ongoing How do i post a picture and I can post the procurement of funds for clubs document here. Pointless discussing witj so many when someone stands on their point

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭liosnagceann75

I dont know why such a debate is ongoing How do i post a picture and I can post the procurement of funds for clubs document here. Pointless discussing witj so many when someone stands on their point

I thought this thread was about tickets for the final?

Im not getting into tit for tat, but I will point this out. Follow NOT (Underlined) Fallow.

Kindest regards
    UP THE DUBS

There is little point in you talking to me as you are just interested in the gaa you are part of.
    You are from Kerry and living in Dublin, you said this earlier talking about an organization you know alot more about than i do.
    However i think i am more interested in promoting the gaa than you seem to be, as i said earlier it is a great organization but they do not like people like me as i ask questions of myself every day, i also ask questions of people and organizations i am interested in, this is the way i think things should be done.
    The very fact that you say "UP THE DUBS" clarifies what i am saying, this is parish talk, they are a great team but the very fact that they are great is destroying the organization of the gaa.
    I do not see Dublin winning the final as i kinda fancy Kerry after the last day but Dublin did destroy Mayo.
    I am not having a personal go at you, i say what i see.
    The gaa in my opinion is a great organization but the weakness it has is at HQ

Im not getting into tit for tat, but I will point this out. Follow NOT (Underlined) Fallow.

Kindest regards
    UP THE DUBS

There is little point in you talking to me as you are just interested in the gaa you are part of.
    You are from Kerry and living in Dublin, you said this earlier talking about an organization you know alot more about than i do.
    However i think i am more interested in promoting the gaa than you seem to be, as i said earlier it is a great organization but they do not like people like me as i ask questions of myself every day, i also ask questions of people and organizations i am interested in, this is the way i think things should be done.
    The very fact that you say "UP THE DUBS" clarifies what i am saying, this is parish talk, they are a great team but the very fact that they are great is destroying the organization of the gaa.
    I do not see Dublin winning the final as i kinda fancy Kerry after the last day but Dublin did destroy Mayo.
    I am not having a personal go at you, i say what i see.
    The gaa in my opinion is a great organization but the weakness it has is at HQ

Im from kerry but live in Dublin? Is that some kind of joke.

• Advertisement

If you cannot handle the heat stay out of the kitchen...
    I will have to check my Kerry comment as possibly other person?
    if i confirm i made mistake i will say tomorrow.

Why is engagement PM since this open forum? clarify??

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭liosnagceann75

If you cannot handle the heat stay out of the kitchen...
    I will have to check my Kerry comment as possibly other person?
    if i confirm i made mistake i will say tomorrow.

Why is engagement PM since this open forum? clarify??

GAA final tickets. What part of this don't you understand?

GAA final tickets. What part of this don't you understand?

That's a very good point.

The fact is this person is clearly is a gaa official.
    They ask me if i can prove something.
    They ask another person if they gaa Management.
    They call another person a LIAR.
    Now they want to start PM with someone over funding.
    That's what i call rubbish, officers should help people not name calling.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,311 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

Anyway...a much needed ticket post it seems.

Anyone on the PP scheme: Tickets can only be collected Tuesday to Thursday. Closed on the Friday for second year running for some reason.

https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/news/im-just-broken-up-mother-devastated-as-shes-scammed-out-of-money-while-trying-to-buy-allireland-final-tickets-38446401.html

word of warning to anyone desperate for tickets. Dont go mad giving away money.

I've also seen allegations on boards about posters offering tickets and received a PM about one too. Always be careful.

• Registered Users, Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

Given that this is a legal case or multiple cases by the sounds of it, I’ve deleted the comments for now

We made it against the charter about buying or selling AI final tickets - if in any doubt re dodgy PMs you get on here or adverts, please report it immediately

To the user who did register on here who was scammed, if it was indeed a poster from boards that you made contact with for the tickets, you can bring this info to the gardai and there may be a possibility that boards can provide details if the gardai follow it up with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,524 ✭✭✭JeffKenna

bruschi wrote: »
    To the user who did register on here who was scammed, if it was indeed a poster from boards that you made contact with for the tickets, you can bring this info to the gardai and there may be a possibility that boards can provide details if the gardai follow it up with them.
    I'm sure boards would have access to an IP address.

JeffKenna wrote: »
    I'm sure boards would have access to an IP address.
    I assume this done with mobile internet and impossible to trace.

• Advertisement
Advertisement