Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Doom Patrol (DC Universe)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,254 ✭✭✭Spon Farmer

Is there any word yet on what streaming service or channel will get this show here?

I assume since Cyborg is in this and is a different actor that Doom Patrol and Titans are not connected to the DC movies - an alternate universe like the Arrowverse?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,102 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Is there any word yet on what streaming service or channel will get this show here?

I assume since Cyborg is in this and is a different actor that Doom Patrol and Titans are not connected to the DC movies - an alternate universe like the Arrowverse?
    Yeah the DC Universe shows are not part of the movies universe

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Nowhere legally to watch it over here yet, could be a while before a channel picks it up.
    An absolutely off the wall nuts show but in a good way,the R rated language alone is part and parcel of the show and very funny at times as it's so over the top.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,423 ✭✭✭batgoat

Netflix seems like the most likely place to pick up the rights since they've done with other dc stuff.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,711 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

I had thought I read news that Netflix signed a deal to air all the DC universe live action content, and it was a few months after the last episode of Titans aired on DC before it popped up on Netflix IE. If the above is true I suspect it'll be a wee bit before Doom Patrol turns up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,871 ✭✭✭budhabob

Just started watching this recently, it's batsh@# crazy, but I'm thoroughly enjoying it.

Between this, Happy and Titans, crazy TV is great these days.

batgoat wrote: »
    Netflix seems like the most likely place to pick up the rights since they've done with other dc stuff.

I thought so too but would have expected to hear by now.

The partly-financed Star Trek Discovery and I assumed the same would happen with Picard but that is going to Amazon.

Maybe Warner Bros. is holding off releasing it because he have a better idea now when/if the DC streaming service is going international?

pixelburp wrote: »
    I had thought I read news that Netflix signed a deal to air all the DC universe live action content, and it was a few months after the last episode of Titans aired on DC before it popped up on Netflix IE. If the above is true I suspect it'll be a wee bit before Doom Patrol turns up

I've googled a DC Netflix deal but not getting any results though that doesn't mean you are wrong. Phrasing it a different way might find it.

I remember there was a long wait for Titans to actually come to Netflix but I thought it was announced not long after.

I just saw Swamp Thing was cancelled.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,534 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Renewed for season 2.

Streaming on DC Universe and HBO Max spring 2020.

https://www.vulture.com/2019/07/doom-patrol-season-2-is-coming-to-hbo-max.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭evilcloud

Mr E wrote: »
    Renewed for season 2.

Streaming on DC Universe and HBO Max spring 2020.

https://www.vulture.com/2019/07/doom-patrol-season-2-is-coming-to-hbo-max.html

Great news. This was the best new show of the year for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,284 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Was surprised but happy to hear the news. Great show and reminds me I still need to watch Happy! season 2

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,881 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

It seems HBO Max are the ones backing this more so than the DC Universe.

I wonder is this the start of the DC Universe streaming service being folded into the HBO Max.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

Watched episode 1 and I’m hoping it’s a “the boys” type surprise for me as that got better with each episode. I liked the first episode. Loved the robocop throwback (whether intended or not).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

Catchup time. I think I can remember all the arcs.. maybe..

11: kind of a
    nice development story for Cliff and Larry. Looks like Cyborg is gonna have that AI woken up and his powers developed no matter what Victor chooses.

12: My head! I was all
    laughing at the Butts and the escape working out but then suddenly Cyborg (maybe kills?) his Dad? Damn! Mr Nobody levelling up in the baddie ranks!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,670 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Meanwhile everyone else is waiting for season 2...

13: Damn, that
    kill switch the Bureau of Normalcy put on Delores! Guessing Flex is gonna rip them apart. He looks like he has reality warping powers but either doesn't know how to use them or they a low-powered.

Alan Tudyk
    sure does a villain speech! I know he's Mr. Nobody but in that final monologue, he looked like he could pair up with Deadpool... in like some kinda joined up broken 4th wall universe.

14: Ooooooooh :eek:

15: :eek: but in more of a WTF way

Overall: Doom Patrol was grand. More fun and light-hearted than Titans, that's for sure! Plenty of WTF. :)

Season 2 premieres on HBO Max on June 25th

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Season 2 premieres on HBO Max on June 25th
    And a new Adventure Time special on the same magical day!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,184 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dr Bob

I love Doom Patrol (it was my favourite show of last year) but a combination of it being on DC universe/HBO Europe everwhere bar Ireland and the UK (and generally Ireland as we get lumped with them), and Starzplay (which is UK only but not Ireland) means that there's no legal way to watch it over here.

• Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭Full_Circle_81

Dr Bob wrote: »
    I love Doom Patrol (it was my favourite show of last year) but a combination of it being on DC universe/HBO Europe everwhere bar Ireland and the UK (and generally Ireland as we get lumped with them), and Starzplay (which is UK only but not Ireland) means that there's no legal way to watch it over here.

I'm not 100% sure, but I think you can subscribe to Starzplay through Apples tv+ app, but I'm not going to subscribe to it just for Doom Patrol. A lot of the other Starzplay shows have ended up on normal tv here (like The Act and Castle Rock recently airing on RTE), so I'm still holding out hope that some channel will pick up Doom Patrol. I subscribe to enough streaming services already, so don't fancy signing up for yet another just to get access to this one show.

doom-patrol-season-2-poster.png

So they're going way out there :D

I just saw it's 3 episodes tomorrow. Then weekly after that

2.1: Strong opener for the show. Introduction of new character and catch-up complete.

Dorothys
    friends though.. something to.. look forwa.. hmmm.. dred.. hmmmm

well.. something.. that will be explored

Enjoyed those 3 episodes.

With the content/language in this show, I was curious what age the actress playing Dorothy is. Figured she had to be a bit older than 11. Turned out she's 20 and it was she who played young Niles as well.

If there's one thing that's getting tiring, it's Cliff. I wonder if Brendan Fraser is paid by the word. If he is, all they have to do is reuse his many variations of "f**k" and pay him less. At this point I'm wondering if he even gets a script or if he's just told to react to everything by swearing.
    Has he had any character development outside of trying to take care of Jane?

• Advertisement

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Enjoyed those 3 episodes.

With the content/language in this show, I was curious what age the actress playing Dorothy is. Figured she had to be a bit older than 11. Turned out she's 20 and it was she who played young Niles as well.

Was thinking that girl surely couldn't be a kid watching the first 3 episodes - the diction was just a little too perfect
    The height is a mystery - anything from 5' 3 to 5' 7 from what I can find - is there some shenanigans going on with perspective filming....

imdb has the actress as 4'9". Abigail Shapiro
    Speaking of Dorothy, is she still 11 due to living on Danny until now?

Sex ghosts :)

Okay, so um, yeah, that happened!

When I heard the opening 3 notes on the piano I smiled since I knew what song was coming.

Diane Guerrero is amazing.

So when does Steele and Stone start?
    Wonder if Vic even remembered he left Cliff in the car.

I like how they just accept the new normal.

And that ending certainly got interesting

This week's episode:
    Other shows when they randomly go into space: "Okay, that's just stupid"
    Doom Patrol randomly going to space: "Okay, makes sense"

Jane got off pretty light with losing only 2 of her personas. She killed a quarter of Dorothy's imaginary friends so she could've lost a quarter of hers in return.

Not too familiar with Doom Patrol comics at all so when first saw the ship land I thought it could be Challengers of the Unknown.
    And Larry just let her leave without actually getting more details of how to change form. Her head must've been fried listening to those 2 guys for all that time

Confused why the soldiers had guns pointed at those doctors. They were even wearing lab coats.

Miranda disposing of other personas?

Think some of that pink mist reached Niles. Planning to kill someone who he said can destroy the world and that trusts him, won't turn out well.

Ok Brendan needs to stop saying fcuk.

I love the show is so far out there however fcuk fcuk fcuk fcuk is all one character say is just not funny or good.

• Advertisement

Ok Brendan needs to stop saying fcuk.

I love the show is so far out there however fcuk fcuk fcuk fcuk is all one character say is just not funny or good.

I actually don't mind it - he's just a very very angry man who hates the world and makes me smile (
    plus he'd just been jettisoned in to space so right to be pissed off
    :D)

And that was the season finale. Cut short by one episode.
    Was reading they knew they were going to be shut down so reworked episode 9 a bit to make it more like a finale.

Jesus!

As for that ending. To quote Cliff, "F************ck!"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

Where can you watch season 2?

Was reading they knew they were going to be shut down so reworked episode 9 a bit to make it more like a finale.

Jesus!

Bit of a weak ass ending - I know they had to cut it short but...

Drumpot wrote: »
    Where can you watch season 2?

If you have to ask ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭Hercule Poirot

Jesus!

Why did they cut it short? Any particular reason?

I'm hoping it's coming back?

Loved season 2, just excellent television

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,965 ✭✭✭Liamalone

Why did they cut it short? Any particular reason?

I'm hoping it's coming back?

Loved season 2, just excellent television

Covid-19 shut production down.

Liamalone wrote: »
    Covid-19 shut production down.

Ah ok, hopefully it comes back with a full season 3, can't enough of this glorious insanity

Renewed for third Season, will air exclusively on HBO Max
    https://tvline.com/2020/09/12/doom-patrol-season-3-renewed-hbo-max/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,495 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Michelle Gomez in as Madame Rouge

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Michelle Gomez in as Madame Rouge

Ah she seems like a perfect addition to the cast, she's made a career out of playing characters that are....a little touched shall we say

• Advertisement
Advertisement