Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Doom Patrol (DC Universe)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,725 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Was surprised but happy to hear the news. Great show and reminds me I still need to watch Happy! season 2

• Registered Users Posts: 60,179 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

It seems HBO Max are the ones backing this more so than the DC Universe.

I wonder is this the start of the DC Universe streaming service being folded into the HBO Max.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

Watched episode 1 and I’m hoping it’s a “the boys” type surprise for me as that got better with each episode. I liked the first episode. Loved the robocop throwback (whether intended or not).

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

Catchup time. I think I can remember all the arcs.. maybe..

11: kind of a
    nice development story for Cliff and Larry. Looks like Cyborg is gonna have that AI woken up and his powers developed no matter what Victor chooses.

12: My head! I was all
    laughing at the Butts and the escape working out but then suddenly Cyborg (maybe kills?) his Dad? Damn! Mr Nobody levelling up in the baddie ranks!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,180 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Meanwhile everyone else is waiting for season 2...

13: Damn, that
    kill switch the Bureau of Normalcy put on Delores! Guessing Flex is gonna rip them apart. He looks like he has reality warping powers but either doesn't know how to use them or they a low-powered.

Alan Tudyk
    sure does a villain speech! I know he's Mr. Nobody but in that final monologue, he looked like he could pair up with Deadpool... in like some kinda joined up broken 4th wall universe.

14: Ooooooooh :eek:

15: :eek: but in more of a WTF way

Overall: Doom Patrol was grand. More fun and light-hearted than Titans, that's for sure! Plenty of WTF. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,864 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Season 2 premieres on HBO Max on June 25th

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,977 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Season 2 premieres on HBO Max on June 25th
    And a new Adventure Time special on the same magical day!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,180 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dr Bob

I love Doom Patrol (it was my favourite show of last year) but a combination of it being on DC universe/HBO Europe everwhere bar Ireland and the UK (and generally Ireland as we get lumped with them), and Starzplay (which is UK only but not Ireland) means that there's no legal way to watch it over here.

• Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭Full_Circle_81

Dr Bob wrote: »
    I love Doom Patrol (it was my favourite show of last year) but a combination of it being on DC universe/HBO Europe everwhere bar Ireland and the UK (and generally Ireland as we get lumped with them), and Starzplay (which is UK only but not Ireland) means that there's no legal way to watch it over here.

I'm not 100% sure, but I think you can subscribe to Starzplay through Apples tv+ app, but I'm not going to subscribe to it just for Doom Patrol. A lot of the other Starzplay shows have ended up on normal tv here (like The Act and Castle Rock recently airing on RTE), so I'm still holding out hope that some channel will pick up Doom Patrol. I subscribe to enough streaming services already, so don't fancy signing up for yet another just to get access to this one show.

doom-patrol-season-2-poster.png

So they're going way out there :D

I just saw it's 3 episodes tomorrow. Then weekly after that

2.1: Strong opener for the show. Introduction of new character and catch-up complete.

Dorothys
    friends though.. something to.. look forwa.. hmmm.. dred.. hmmmm

well.. something.. that will be explored

Enjoyed those 3 episodes.

With the content/language in this show, I was curious what age the actress playing Dorothy is. Figured she had to be a bit older than 11. Turned out she's 20 and it was she who played young Niles as well.

If there's one thing that's getting tiring, it's Cliff. I wonder if Brendan Fraser is paid by the word. If he is, all they have to do is reuse his many variations of "f**k" and pay him less. At this point I'm wondering if he even gets a script or if he's just told to react to everything by swearing.
    Has he had any character development outside of trying to take care of Jane?

• Advertisement

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Enjoyed those 3 episodes.

With the content/language in this show, I was curious what age the actress playing Dorothy is. Figured she had to be a bit older than 11. Turned out she's 20 and it was she who played young Niles as well.

Was thinking that girl surely couldn't be a kid watching the first 3 episodes - the diction was just a little too perfect
    The height is a mystery - anything from 5' 3 to 5' 7 from what I can find - is there some shenanigans going on with perspective filming....

imdb has the actress as 4'9". Abigail Shapiro
    Speaking of Dorothy, is she still 11 due to living on Danny until now?

Sex ghosts :)

Okay, so um, yeah, that happened!

When I heard the opening 3 notes on the piano I smiled since I knew what song was coming.

Diane Guerrero is amazing.

So when does Steele and Stone start?
    Wonder if Vic even remembered he left Cliff in the car.

I like how they just accept the new normal.

And that ending certainly got interesting

This week's episode:
    Other shows when they randomly go into space: "Okay, that's just stupid"
    Doom Patrol randomly going to space: "Okay, makes sense"

Jane got off pretty light with losing only 2 of her personas. She killed a quarter of Dorothy's imaginary friends so she could've lost a quarter of hers in return.

Not too familiar with Doom Patrol comics at all so when first saw the ship land I thought it could be Challengers of the Unknown.
    And Larry just let her leave without actually getting more details of how to change form. Her head must've been fried listening to those 2 guys for all that time

Confused why the soldiers had guns pointed at those doctors. They were even wearing lab coats.

Miranda disposing of other personas?

Think some of that pink mist reached Niles. Planning to kill someone who he said can destroy the world and that trusts him, won't turn out well.

Ok Brendan needs to stop saying fcuk.

I love the show is so far out there however fcuk fcuk fcuk fcuk is all one character say is just not funny or good.

• Advertisement

Ok Brendan needs to stop saying fcuk.

I love the show is so far out there however fcuk fcuk fcuk fcuk is all one character say is just not funny or good.

I actually don't mind it - he's just a very very angry man who hates the world and makes me smile (
    plus he'd just been jettisoned in to space so right to be pissed off
    :D)

Advertisement