Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

La Flamme Rouge **off topic discussion**

Options

Comments

I don't recall seeing him down to start the ITT anywhere when I checked over the last week or so and given the names on the list you'd have imagined he was nailed on for a medal.

Only 35 down to start according to the UEC web site.

• Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭brocbrocach

I've been threatening to do this for about ten years now but next year is the year I'll finally do it, if anyone wants to join in?

e8c731_007f7726ba8c4d4b938bf6fac4879edd~mv2.webp
    Is that a manic Stephen Roche on the poster?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

I thought it was a young Marty Morrissey.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,829 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

nah, it's nic cage.

• Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭brocbrocach

nah, it's nic cage.
    I hear he's calmed right down since his duet with Kylie though.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,829 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

random quandaries - i bought a secondhand bike off a boardsie a while back - my 'relaxed' road bike - and it came with specialized hover bars, i think there's about 15mm of rise in them. not sure if i like them, and i can't decide whether to swap them for standard bars before rewrapping them (i put a brown leather brooks on the bike, and have bought brown leather effect bar tape to match).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,422 ✭✭✭joey100

I liked the look of them, can't say I ever really used them tho! Main reason they were put on was just to give that extra stack, I'd say there was probably enough spacers left tho that you could raise it nearly the same height and put normal bars on? I'm the same with a new bike, can't judge if I like the angle the bars are at or not, but knowing the way I am I'm going to change it, it would always be in my mind eating away if I didn't!

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,837 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Well, at least my overshoes are currently of use (well one of them anyway):

487675.jpg becomes 487676.jpg

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,833 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeeee

Oh no! What happened?

Is it time to set the "Days since Beasty's accident" counter back to zero?

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,837 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

It's just a follow up to this post

4 months after that earlier post they eventually diagnosed a fracture and crushed joint. I've had 3 cortisone injections since then, but it's deteriorated a bit culminating with an operation yesterday to remove a bone spur from the outside of the foot (quite large from what the surgeon said)

That means I'm on crutches for the next 2 weeks, but hopefully the pretty continual swelling I've had on the outside of that foot for over 18 months will settle down now

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭Eamonnator

Beasty wrote: »
    It's just a follow up to this post

4 months after that earlier post they eventually diagnosed a fracture and crushed joint. I've had 3 cortisone injections since then, but it's deteriorated a bit culminating with an operation yesterday to remove a bone spur from the outside of the foot (quite large from what the surgeon said)

That means I'm on crutches for the next 2 weeks, but hopefully the pretty continual swelling I've had on the outside of that foot for over 18 months will settle down now

Does this mean you won't be going to Vietnam?

Eamonnator wrote: »
    Does this mean you won't be going to Vietnam?
    I'm standing for President - sod all these nationality requirements, I'll have the populous of Boards to help me change the constitution

• Registered Users Posts: 2,262 ✭✭✭koutoubia

Qoute of the year ..From Hambini's latest installment
    "Assume everyone is a fooking imbecile unless proven otherwise"

Oh and he takes apart another bicycle manufacturer for utterly shiite tolerances.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rtsos05Bf3U

• Registered Users Posts: 3,627 ✭✭✭Enduro

Beasty wrote: »
    I'm standing for President

Given history, and the look of your foot, I can't see you standing for long before falling over!

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Wimp list for the morning....yay or nay?

ED E wrote: »
    Wimp list for the morning....yay or nay?
    OK, you've shamed me into it - I'll try the bike as I'm not allowed to drive - can only clip in one side though....

You've never met Havoc? Where did you think he got the name from. Kilkenny's very own poster boy...

koutoubia wrote: »
    Qoute of the year ..From Hambini's latest installment
    "Assume everyone is a fooking imbecile unless proven otherwise"

Oh and he takes apart another bicycle manufacturer for utterly shiite tolerances.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rtsos05Bf3U

Watching that was like going to the dentist, and they keep pulling out more tools and more tools to get the job doneand it turns out to be ok in the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,484 ✭✭✭Fighting Tao

Watching that was like going to the dentist, and they keep pulling out more tools and more tools to get the job doneand it turns out to be ok in the end.

Ah...spoiler alert!!

• Advertisement

Team for the mens elite road race at the euro's later is down to 4 now, Mullen, Dunbar and Dunne no longer on it :confused:

DCC trialling 'bike bunkers' - the €100 a year seems a little steep, especially compared to residents parking permits. i can understand why, because it involves installing dedicated infrastructure, but they could have lowered the price a little:

https://irishcycle.com/2019/08/12/rental-of-on-street-bicycle-lockers-offered-to-dublin-residents-with-limit-options/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭manafana

DCC trialling 'bike bunkers' - the €100 a year seems a little steep, especially compared to residents parking permits. i can understand why, because it involves installing dedicated infrastructure, but they could have lowered the price a little:

https://irishcycle.com/2019/08/12/rental-of-on-street-bicycle-lockers-offered-to-dublin-residents-with-limit-options/

id argue the cost of car parking space should increase hugely, and that this bike bunker price is more than fair

• Registered Users Posts: 2,868 ✭✭✭De Bhál

Looking on the phone for the start list for the BinckBank Tour. Spelling that wrong led me to looking at this
    https://deathlist.net/

Kirk Douglas is 103...impressive

• Registered Users Posts: 8,065 ✭✭✭buffalo

Cycling home yesterday along a street with footpath-level cycle lanes that lose priority to every side road, so naturally I was on the road. Stop at a red pedestrian light where a couple and a little girl on a scooter are crossing. I overhear her say "Daddy, why is there a bike on the road?"

I didn't get to hear his response, nor did I offer one of my own, but I do wonder what he answered.

Add corrupting the youth to the list of cyclist transgressions. She'll want to scoot in traffic now.

was on the phone to my mum yesterday; my dad recently taught one of my nephews how to cycle, so all three siblings were out on the road on their bikes. started into a debate about why the two year old needed a helmet on a balance bike, when she was going no faster that walking pace, but i gave up on that argument.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,077 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

Discovered a bolt missing from my spd cleat today and the clear being very lose. Unfortunately I discovered it as I was trying to unclip.

Thankfully the other was already unclippes, but it meant taking off the shoe to get through gates

Weepsie wrote: »
    sod clear
    spd cleat, i'm guessing?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,077 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

spd cleat, i'm guessing?

Yup, edited. I definitely typed SPD, I probably typed clear though.

Advertisement