Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

GW 2 transfer thread.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,994 ✭✭✭c.p.w.g.w

Any obvious reason why Pieters was selected ahead of Taylor for Burnley or is it safe to assume Pieters has the starting spot for now?

Have heard from a Burnley fan* Pieter's is really pushing Taylor for that left full spot.

*He lives in Burnley and is a sports journalist

• Registered Users Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭galwaylad14

Had planned on no transfer but if Martial is going to be playing up front then I think he's a must have and he'll probably go up in price this week and I only have exact money so might just bring him in now.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,132 ✭✭✭✭km79

Banking

• Registered Users Posts: 16,629 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Only issue I have is Trossard and I'm not sure what to do.

dahat wrote: »

I'm hearing there manager is pepesque is his rotation policies so hard to know what to do with brighton assests one to watch i guess

• Advertisement

I'm hearing there manager is pepesque is his rotation policies so hard to know what to do with brighton assests one to watch i guess

I need that midfielder to play each week so may change to Mcginn @5.5 though that means I have x 3 in the same game next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,410 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

dahat wrote: »

Two home games next, I'm hoping he just didn't start because Potter wanted PL experience for a tough opening away fixture. Going to see what happens and have 2 fts in for GW3 if I need to get rid.

Two home games next, I'm hoping he just didn't start because Potter wanted PL experience for a tough opening away fixture. Going to see what happens and have 2 fts in for GW3 if I need to get rid.

That's actually a very good point and thanks. I'll go the same route & see. He was decent in preseason so hopefully gets a run out next two.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,959 ✭✭✭Trimm Trabb

Considering McGinn in for Barkley after that. Will hang on until super cup on Wednesday.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,490 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Rashford on peno's has me thinking of making a couple of moves to fit him in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,994 ✭✭✭c.p.w.g.w

eagle eye wrote: »

Looking a numerous teams in my league, in order for them to get Rashford it involves dropping a premium striker or 2-3 transfers. Looked a few random sides in the boards league and it's the same. I will hold steady with my planned gw 3 transfers as it stands.

But if his price stays at 8.5 by GW3 I might revise my plans

• Registered Users Posts: 9,361 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Have a look at his post match interview, looks like there’s some sort of strategy to change the penalty taker regularly to keep opposing keepers guessing

https://twitter.com/fplfujtown/status/1160653281619775489?s=21

• Registered Users Posts: 37,490 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

I bit the bullet and took a four point hit to bring him in, couldn't afford it if he went up. He is just a have to have at 8.5 imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭Always Be Closing

Ideally I want rid of Diop, Lamela and Pedro (am happy with my front 3 of Vardy, Kane and Aubamayang- also have Salah) but I'll bank the WC for now and get them out over a 3 week period

• Registered Users Posts: 42,079 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

I bit the bullet and took a four point hit to bring him in, couldn't afford it if he went up. He is just a have to have at 8.5 imo.

You think Rashford is a must-have after one good game against a Chelsea side under a rookie manager and with lots of new faces?

He hasn't been clinical over his career so far and to say he's a must-have is a bit of a stretch.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,563 ✭✭✭patmac

Ideally I want rid of Diop, Lamela and Pedro (am happy with my front 3 of Vardy, Kane and Aubamayang- also have Salah) but I'll bank the WC for now and get them out over a 3 week period

No idea what you are on about but your sig is very disturbing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭Always Be Closing

patmac wrote: »
    No idea what you are on about but your sig is very disturbing.

You jelly bro?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

Went most of last season without sterling and it was very costly, not getting caught out again.

Had to drop vvd for a 4.0 def to afford the 2.5 upgrade from kdb to sterling.
    Obviously wanted to keep vvd but I’ll probably wildcard early and get him back in then, he won’t score every week anyway and we’ll see how they fare out with Adrian in goal, they were carved open a few times by Norwich and lucky to concede only 1

• Registered Users Posts: 6,702 ✭✭✭Pete_Cavan

I think people need to be careful. I don't believe Urd are as good or Chelsea as bad as yesterday's result suggests. One wobble could see Utd derailed very quickly, much like what happened last season.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

I think Utd will be ok. They are significantly better than most teams. I went with Maguire. Where else are you going to get an €80M defender for €5.5M? Sterling's a real worry as ever.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,634 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Anyone else thinking Kane to Auba?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭claw

Anyone else thinking Kane to Auba?

I am, worried about Kane going up and then having to try and get him back in though.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,702 ✭✭✭Pete_Cavan

gimli2112 wrote: »
    I think Utd will be ok. They are significantly better than most teams.
    Yes but I don't think they will be steamrolling teams every week. Martial and Lingard are very flakey and not much depth after them so there are likely to be some very frustrating games for Utd attack during the season.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,410 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Pete_Cavan wrote: »
    Yes but I don't think they will be steamrolling teams every week. Martial and Lingard are very flakey and not much depth after them so there are likely to be some very frustrating games for Utd attack during the season.

Plus their midfield is awful. Can't see where the goals are going to come from. Remains to be seen whether Martial and Rashford are 20 goal a season players.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭claw

Plus their midfield is awful. Can't see where the goals are going to come from. Remains to be seen whether Martial and Rashford are 20 goal a season players.

I see the United attacking players a bit like Leicester and Bournemouth ones, some weeks it will be good and others not so good. Probably sums up United at the moment.

Firstly I don’t think anyone outside of 2 from Kane, Salah, Sterling are “have to haves”

But least of all an 8.5 striker that didn’t even play as the main striker yesterday that’s never scored more than 10 league goals in a season.

Surely Martial is more of a “have to have” considering he’s a million cheaper and played out of position striker yesterday and looks like he will continue to do so?

• Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭TimesArrow

Is ceballos likely to start for arsenal going forward? He could be decent at 5.5.. any other good options at this price and lower?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Dubh Geannain

Two low price players I'd hoped would get minutest at the weekend.

Camarasa - Was only transferred in during the week but thought he might be sprung form the bench. How likely is he to become a regular starter with Palace?
    Stearman - Might do a straight transfer to Kelly to have some bench fodder points

TimesArrow wrote: »
    Is ceballos likely to start for arsenal going forward? He could be decent at 5.5.. any other good options at this price and lower?

Callum Robinson maybe? Played out of position striker at the weekend and wasn’t hooked even when they brought 2 other strikers on. Had a great pre season too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 42,079 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

TimesArrow wrote: »

McGinn, Robinson and Norwood are some of the best at that price range.

Advertisement