Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2019 All Ireland Senior Football Championship *Mod note: Post #1*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,923 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

HaraldB wrote: »
    My team? I'm not from Kerry you bitter fool.

You don't half sound like a Kerryman with your aggressive and confrontational posts just after winning a game to get to an AIF.

I'm bitter yeah... :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,340 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

That's what it was alright.

I know it was, yeah

• Registered Users Posts: 5,380 ✭✭✭STB.

shrewdness wrote: »
    Delighted. Dubs should still win the final with some to spare, but at least now it should be alot more enjoyable to watch.

It'll would be even more if enjoyable if they made Pat Spillane hand out the medals to the winners, especially to Dermo if they win.

Cute Kerry divil. He said he knew before the game and the card v Meath was very soft. 100% lads he'll be lining out. He sounded so confident about it too.

Absolutely will play.

Cian ward said on the podcast that the Meath one was very harsh. Said it was completely accidental. No idea about the other one

There we are now.

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭sliabh 1956

Tyrone are the most cynical team ever to play Gaelic football I wonder what they would be like if they actually played the game as most teams play it . Are they so devoid of talent that they resort to these negative tactics . Happy for the sake of Football they are gone and Mickey Harte with them. At least both managers will speak to RTE now. The Dublin coronation might not be that straight forward after all . If the Kerry forwards get decent ball they will take some serious stopping

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 581 ✭✭✭Pitch n Putt

Kerry will need S OBrien for the final as presumably it’ll be Joe McQuillan reffing it.

• Registered Users, Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

Cool it down now and be civil or there will be bans until after the final

• Registered Users Posts: 4,213 ✭✭✭ClanofLams

STB. wrote: »
    It'll would be even more if enjoyable if they made Pat Spillane hand out the medals to the winners, especially to Dermo if they win.

In that scenario, Spillane would probably enjoy the opportunity to tell Cluxton he needs to win another one to equal his tally.

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭CiarraiAbu2

Anybody got a spare ticket😀

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 304 ✭✭Prestonites

Says the Kerry man sitting at home hahaha that's what ur up against.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,782 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

There was about 50,000 spare today for any Kerry man who wanted them.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭KevRossi

Pat Spillane reckons there should be an amnesty for black cards for the final.

What's the point in that? It would make Semi Finals a free-for-all.

• Registered Users, Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

A daft rule, surely they should be analysed straight after a game. It will be seen as corruption like Connolly if he gets to play now.

It can’t be appealed until there is a suspension in play - black card just means off the field of play for that game and doesn’t mean a suspension until three accrued.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,094 ✭✭✭TheRiverman

Peter Keane not happy when Marty asked him about the black card.Pat Spillane,"there should be a black card amnesty "no player should miss an All Ireland Final".Haha

There you have it, there should be an amnesty for the All Ireland final from the impartial Pat Spillane.:rolleyes:

That's Dublin's fault don't ya know.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,989 ✭✭✭rolling boh

deserved win for Kerry in the end Tyrone just stopped scoring and let the ref give a few fairly handy frees to kerry which they took .Not for tonight but really think MH should bow out he seemed to have no plan b again .Kerry as always have some really good players and can not be written off to easily it will be pretty soon they will be back winning all irelands just not this year i hope .

• Registered Users Posts: 8,536 ✭✭✭lawrencesummers

Tyrone are the most cynical team ever to play Gaelic football I wonder what they would be like if they actually played the game as most teams play it . Are they so devoid of talent that they resort to these negative tactics . Happy for the sake of Football they are gone and Mickey Harte with them. At least both managers will speak to RTE now. The Dublin coronation might not be that straight forward after all . If the Kerry forwards get decent ball they will take some serious stopping

Mickey Harte is well within his rights to snub RTE for what they did, all the rest of it I agree with, the Tyrone approach to football is nothing short of disgusting, and good riddance to them.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 2,176 ✭✭✭ToBeFrank123

Heard 33k quoted as the attendence. And this probably includes kids with 5 euro tickets.
    Looks like supporters are speaking with their feet and staying away.
    Delighted that people are finally seeing what a waste of money the championship is in its current guise.
    Too many games with the winner preordained. No point even going to games anymore.
    33k must be a record low.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 304 ✭✭Prestonites

That's Dublin's fault don't ya know.

Oh I know (",)

• Advertisement

Peter Keane not happy when Marty asked him about the black card.Pat Spillane,"there should be a black card amnesty "no player should miss an All Ireland Final".Haha

....unless he's a dub'.
    Fixed Spillane's quote. ðŸ˜ðŸ˜

• Registered Users Posts: 13,109 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Surprised Tyrone fell apart so easy in second half. Taught they would of had the cop on to keep it tighter and get enough scores to keep a winning margin.

Kerry improved in second half but while Tyrone where starting to nod off Kerry where winning some soft easy frees and keeping themselves in game. The goal decided it and Kerry at that stage where obviously more up for it.

Kerrys forwards really are all about confidence if it's not working out for them things go off the boil very quick.

The two lads O Shea and Clifford again done it for them.

If Kerry defend like they did today against Dublin I feel game could be gone by half time so something has to change there. I'm sure Dublin will mark Kerry tight as well as they showed they could with Mayo yesterday.

Heard 33k quoted as the attendence. And this probably includes kids with 5 euro tickets.
    Looks like supporters are speaking with their feet and staying away.
    Delighted that people are finally seeing what a waste of money the championship is in its current guise.
    Too many games with the winner preordained. No point even going to games anymore.
    33k must be a record low.

You'll be gutted so in a few weeks when its sold out I suppose.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 479 ✭✭rgace

Ah it is easy to say that now, Tyrone could easily have won that game.

There is not a whole lot between Kerry, Mayo, Donegal and Tyrone.

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭fiload

Only 15 mins of coverage after the game on RTE and that's including ads. I think for a semi final it should be much longer, didn't even see the replays of all the scores

• Registered Users Posts: 5,380 ✭✭✭STB.

Kerry will need S OBrien for the final as presumably it’ll be Joe McQuillan reffing it.

Good to have you back "Doltanian" ? :):):)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,213 ✭✭✭ClanofLams

I can break it down for ya:

1. He made a stupid decision and is a "silly person" deserving of criticism.

2. He is a Kerry player, so will likely have the full force of the Mafia behind him, and Spillane has already started the ball rolling right on cue.

3. It's already been mentioned above that his black card against Meath was very soft and would likely be overturned on appeal, regardless of 2. above.

I wouldn't have thought that that was too impenetrable for yourself to work out. I was clearly wrong.

If he knew he was going to get off it’s the very obvious correct decision rather than risk a goal being conceded. Tyrone have led the way in implementing that policy. There’s where your ‘logic’ is lacking. I can break it down further if needs be, pm me.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,074 ✭✭✭LoughNeagh2017

I couldn't help being pleased when Tyrone lost, my great great grandmother was born in Tyrone so the 1901 census told me. Some may not know that Joe Brollys mother was from Tyrone.

Fann Linn wrote: »

Two sellout games in Croker, one involving mayo v dublin and the other the final.

If it wasnt for the mayo game it would have been only one.

Next year attendences will be down even further hopefully and I will be more delighted.

I wouldn't trust the current GAA to run a market stall and they are reaping what they sow now.

Glad people are seeing sense and staying away.

You will see a huge drop off in sunshine Dub supporters next year too.

• Advertisement

Fann Linn wrote: »

Two sellout games in Croker, one involving mayo v dublin and the other the final.

If it wasnt for the mayo game it would have been only one.

Next year attendences will be down even further hopefully and I will be more delighted.

I wouldn't trust the current GAA to run a market stall and they are reaping what they sow now.

Glad people are seeing sense and staying away.

You will see a huge drop off in sunshine Dub supporters next year too.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement