Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

So the new ''W series Racing'' series Starts next Weekend

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,606 ✭✭✭✭skipper_G

Pretty dominant win for Garcia, good start and built an early lead, nobody could catch her then.

Good for the championship that there's a few contenders now.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,610 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

Not the most exciting of races. Good to see the level of standard with the drivers is that they don't make many mistakes.

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,418 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Only just watched this now. Delighted for Marta Garcia. Easy enough win for her. I thought Alice Powel was the driver of the day even if she did not get to finish the race. She went from 18 to 8th until she had car problems.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 508 ✭✭✭ Bennett Bumpy Bear

AMKC wrote: »
    Only just watched this now. Delighted for Marta Garcia. Easy enough win for her. I thought Alice Powel was the driver of the day even if she did not get to finish the race. She went from 18 to 8th until she had car problems.

yeah, she had a great charge through the pack

• Registered Users Posts: 700 ✭✭✭Debub

Alice Powell was great going up the places, Koyama was again doing her usual overtakes to go up. A few names apart from Jamie Chadwick coming up, but only 2 races to go. Hopefully this will have attracted enough interest this year to maybe have a bigger/better one next year

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,610 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

Assen this weekend and we are treated to a double-race. Saturday's race will be a championship race, while Sunday's is a non-championship race. The Sunday race will be determined by an 'experimental' reverse grid order from Saturday's results (which should make things very interesting for the better runners).

FRIDAY | FREE PRACTICE 1
    09:40 BST
    FRIDAY | FREE PRACTICE 2
    16:15 BST
    SATURDAY | QUALIFYING
    8:30 BST
    SATURDAY | RACE
    15:10 BST
    SUNDAY | REVERSE GRID RACE
    08:00 BST

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,284 ✭✭✭dublinman1990

Ted Kravitz has reported that from next season; any driver who enters W Series from next year can score super points to allow themselves progress onto F1.

Ms

So the drivers in this series can from next season earn super license points to help them get into F1. All the drivers this season are getting some money which is great. It is 1.5 million divided between them the winning of the series will get 500,000 2nd will get 250,000, 3rd 125,000 and so on until the last 4 who get 7500 each.

Also the top 12 drivers will get to race in it again next season.

So Chadwick could win the championship today or it could go to the next race if Visser can get 4th or higher today.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

Koyama is already out. SC is in play just after the start of the race.

Ms

Great start by Alice Powell. Safety car already.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Advertisement

Impressive win for Kimilainen, 4 different winners in 5 races is great for the series. Coupled with the prize money, and recent announcements re: superlicence points and such i think the future is positive for the series.

The reverse grid race ended with an actual photo finish. Gap was 0.003 seconds!

https://www.motorsport.com/w-series/news/gilkes-reverse-grid-race-assen/4498453/

Ms

skipper_G wrote: »
    The reverse grid race ended with an actual photo finish. Gap was 0.003 seconds!

https://www.motorsport.com/w-series/news/gilkes-reverse-grid-race-assen/4498453/

Surprised C4 did not show this. Imagine F1 doing that. Would be interesting. Sounded like it was a good race.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,727 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

Surprised C4 did not show this. Imagine F1 doing that. Would be interesting. Sounded like it was a good race.

Aye the reverse grid worked well, and made for some great action. Not sure you could introduce it as the standard for F1, but having a few reverse grid races in a season would certainly spice things up!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭Sonny noggs

Reverse grid is a gimmick. Wouldn’t be accepted in F1 where big money is at stake.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭johnnysmack

Reverse grid wouldn't work in F1 either as Mercedes, Ferrari and red bull would all be at the front in a few laps and the Williams would drop like stone. Normal service resumed within 3-5 laps. Pointless.

Today is the final round of W Series at Brand's Hatch.

3 British drivers are on the top 3 of the grid with Jamie Chadwick taking pole position.

Bietske Visser is 5th position on the starting grid for today's race.

Ms

So today is the day. Its the last race of the first season. Who is going to become the first champion of the first season of W Series Racing?
    Will it be Jamie Chadwick or Vice Kubica?

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

Eshne Hawkey had stalled her car when the race started nearly 3 minutes ago.

She is now near the back of the grid. She got a drive through penalty after her false start from the grid.

Koyama got a drive through penalty after her car went out of position on the grid.

I do love the elevation changes around this circuit, the cars look great out there

• Advertisement
    Ms

Would like to see a replay of the start. Where is Vice Kubica? I don't see her there on the graphics at all.

Awe I see her now she is 4th. This has gotten very exciting. All to race for.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

Wow, that was some super aggressive yet very clean racing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭Sonny noggs

Would like to see a replay of the start. Where is Vice Kubica? I don't see her there on the graphics at all.

Where are you getting that name? Not listed here: https://wseries.com/drivers/

Ms

Where are you getting that name? Not listed here: https://wseries.com/drivers/

Awe I hear her now. Dunno when the commentator say Bsieke Visser's name just sounded like Vice Kubica to me lol.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

Awe I hear her now. Dunno when the commentator say Bsieke Visser's name just sounded like Vice Kubica to me lol.

She is not a good commentator, makes tons of mistakes and she hardly ever refers to the drivers by just their surname like a normal commentator would. It's kind of irritating

Chadwick going backwards, she's making hard work of this one!

Ms

She is not a good commentator, makes tons of mistakes and she hardly ever refers to the drivers by just their surname like a normal commentator would. It's kind of irritating

I agree its very irritating. I think this is Jamies championship but she ain't going to win the race.

Edit: She is under a lot of pressure now. I would say she will be raging if she loses this now.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

Ms

Chadwick going backwards, she's making hard work of this one!

I would say she just wants this race over now.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

Ms

That was a decent race. Nice the way it ended. Delighted for the top 4 racers.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Advertisement

That was a cracking race, great overtakes from both Powell and Kimilainen. They showed phenomenal pace throughout. Chadwick made hard work of it today but was the best over the course of the season. Congrats to her on the championship win

Advertisement