Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All Together Now 2019

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

if you want to email 2 of the people in charge at POD:

rbutler@pod.ie - Robbie Butler, Director of POD
    will@pod.ie - Will Rolfe, Director of ATN

Sensible and constructive emails are probably better, rather than a whinge about how you sat in traffic or got stung by a wasp. I'm sure they're aware of those issues.

I got an email back signed from Will actually.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,483 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

D.Q wrote: »
    whats the feedback email again?

I wonder if they read boards.ie/Gigs&Events. We are their target demographic after all

• Registered Users Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭RINO87

Todd Terje wrote: »
    Really enjoyed Or:la's set too. One of my highlights of the weekend. After a fairly relentless techno set, I thought it was a nice touch to finish with Lindstrom - Closing Shot. Cracking tune, will never get old.

Pretty sure she played Josh Wink - Are You There at some stage during the set too?

Didn't know she finished with closing shot, would liked to have caught that!!

I had legged it over to friends who were partying over at the bandstand where claire beck and co were closing the stage. Was good fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭boomshakalaka

Also got one signed off as Will - similar as described above. Looking forward to using the points to enhance next years festival. (Sounds like there will be one, at the very least).

I didn't expect them to address the points in a reply, and hearing that they're taking it on board was really all I could want and expect, so I'm happy enough with how that's being handled.

Just to be clear, my email was constructive and I highlighted lots of things I thought were improved since last year (Global Roots anyone??!)

Like D.Q., I feel really invested in this and I hope that our feedback actually helps bring back some of the 2018 magic. It was such a good festival and this year had some issues that could have been tackled by strong organisation - so it's all valid. Invested because I want to safeguard it, there's not many things like it.

The response, albeit generic, made me reconsider going back next year. Initially I didn't think there'd be anything that would make me come back except a strong line up, but now that I've had some time to think I realise it really is pretty special thing. Guess I was just disappointed it wasn't the same as 2018.

I wonder if they read boards.ie/Gigs&Events. We are their target demographic after all

It wouldn't surprise me if they do (hello ATN!)

Not only are we their target audience, this thread has been crazy active this year AND I know for a fact they read a lot of the twitter comments even if they don't comment on them (cause of <3s and the like)

• Advertisement

Caught a bit of EVE before Hot chip on the saturday, will definitely try check them out if I see them playing anywhere,right up my street.

deeply unpleasant.

Although that first rush of proper happiness when it all clears is so nice. Haven't been content for about 6 days.

I've strangely been fine. I was throwing up for almost two days straight so I had no time to think. Just pure physical pain. Once that ended, I was delighted. I'm a bit lethargic but I'm not getting the deep sadness which I've gotten from previous experiences. Counting myself lucky.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭miller82

Pudsy33 wrote: »
    Where is this on? Might be tempted if my seretonin is back to human levels by then.

https://www.eventbrite.ie/e/george-fitzgerald-at-3940-tickets-64961509624

i actually ordered 5htp to make sure i am okay by late september

• Registered Users Posts: 8,482 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

Anyone catch the Leftfield DJ set? Barnes is playing Galway in a fortnight and am wondering if it's worthwhile.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

Caught a bit of EVE before Hot chip on the saturday, will definitely try check them out if I see them playing anywhere,right up my street.

play regularly in Pygmalion in Dublin, once a month at least.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16 Dixon Bainbridge

Still getting brain pulses,when does this madness stop?! My brain needs a 'restore factory settings' button. Off for a couple of pints of Guinness,hoping that regains my equilibrium

Seathrun66 wrote: »
    Anyone catch the Leftfield DJ set? Barnes is playing Galway in a fortnight and am wondering if it's worthwhile.

I saw pretty much the whole thing, bar the first 15 ish minutes. Was a banging set of house and techno, place was hopping. He managed to have the stewards allow him a couple of extra minutes at the end too, crowd was wrapped around his finger and he was clearly enjoying himself.

One of the last tracks was Adam Beyers Your Mind which was so apt because the whole tent seemed to literally have lost their mind.
    A highlight of the weekend for me.

Been considering going again in Monroes myself but still dealing with the fear here lol

play regularly in Pygmalion in Dublin, once a month at least.

Sound mate ill have a look

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Aceso

cheers sent it off and got something similar back. Have never given feedback before but I feel weirdly invested in this.

Me too. I want them to recreate ATN2018, if they can recreate that magic, they'll be onto a winner.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,482 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

I saw pretty much the whole thing, bar the first 15 ish minutes. Was a banging set of house and techno, place was hopping. He managed to have the stewards allow him a couple of extra minutes at the end too, crowd was wrapped around his finger and he was clearly enjoying himself.

One of the last tracks was Adam Beyers Your Mind which was so apt because the whole tent seemed to literally have lost their mind.
    A highlight of the weekend for me.

Been considering going again in Monroes myself but still dealing with the fear here lol

Excellent feedback, thanks man. And good luck with the continuing comedown.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,148 ✭✭✭amadangomor

Muahahaha wrote: »
    Jaysis lads if youre still feeling the effects several days later there must be some really strong stuff about. When I got to late 30s coke gave me heart palpitations and ecstasy a lazy eye so gave it up after that. Be careful out there.

Dead right but 3/4 times a year is my sweet spot for now. Into my 40s and still working, long may it last!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,148 ✭✭✭amadangomor

Still getting brain pulses,when does this madness stop?! My brain needs a 'restore factory settings' button. Off for a couple of pints of Guinness,hoping that regains my equilibrium

Always think that just a few midweek is perfect for that, wise man!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,463 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Is this the same Eve, three female techno DJs?

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,689 ✭✭✭4Ad

I wish it was this time last week so I could do it all over again !!
    The PEOPLE made it, so thanks to everyone !!I I was in great company and lucky to be we camping around sound people from all over the country,the Waterford and Kilkenny crew especially...

The last 2 festivals I was attended were abroad, no fun at all compared to Ireland !!

Is this the same Eve, three female techno DJs?

Yes man, the very same.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,833 ✭✭✭sporina

ILIKEFOOD wrote: »
    i took a bit of everything this year, everyday... i wasn't messy but in hindsight I think I will do something like day 1 booze and smoke, day 2 booze and md, day 3 booze and maybe some md..

day 3 this year was just stupid.. (smoke, k, C, E and cid) despite that stupid cocktail I wasn't obviously fecked..

should be winding down that stuff at my age not ramping it up :(

i don't even know what they are?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭RINO87

Aceso wrote: »
    Me too. I want them to recreate ATN2018, if they can recreate that magic, they'll be onto a winner.

Do you know what I think I might do the same. I mentioned yesterday that the talk of the googly eyes in the trees made me look back at last year's pictures and realize just how good it was. I'll go thru all the photos from this year and last while writing the mail!!!

.....and mostly just laugh at the state of me!

But really now that the dust is settling I'm really appreciating this year more and more. It was easy to get caught up with people giving out, and get carried away with it in those days following a festival... But of all the complaints mentioned not a single one of them affected our group really! We had a really really really great time, two year in a row. I'd hate to see this festival not go ahead again....

on a different note - loved this tent..

14sjpj4.jpg

3521aio.jpg

259zc52.jpg

heroes (RIP Seamus)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,172 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Some of the best techno I've ever heard. :)

How have I not heard of this guy???

• Subscribers Posts: 41,276 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

MadYaker wrote: »
    How have I not heard of this guy???

Higher state of consciousness is the best techno tune ever

• Registered Users Posts: 12,172 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

miller82 wrote: »
    https://www.eventbrite.ie/e/george-fitzgerald-at-3940-tickets-64961509624

i actually ordered 5htp to make sure i am okay by late september

I didn't know about this, just bought a ticket there cheers!

sporina wrote: »
    on a different note - loved this tent..

heroes (RIP Seamus)

I didn't find that tent at all

• Registered Users Posts: 23 redzor

Great weekend got to see more music than usual at a festival orbital Fontaines DC moodymann on Friday, Kiasmos ,Hopkins , the last 20 of josh then Brame and Hamo which was kicking too ,,Sunday great bands all day and a great finish at Ben UFO , great to be back to normal

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭whelzer

Seathrun66 wrote: »

Caught most of it. Was well impressed.

• Advertisement

The Nal wrote: »
    tenor.gif?itemid=13030471

soo funny...

Advertisement