Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Paddy Power - Positive Discrimination

Options
  • 07-08-2019 11:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭

Saw this poster for recruitment in Powers, seems they want to hire everyone except the people who make up probably 90% of their customer base.

This boils my piss, will do my best not to punt with them.

Positive discrimination yet running "enough of the nonsense" ads

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭Earendil

Shemale wrote: »
    Saw this poster for recruitment in Powers, seems they want to hire everyone except the people who make up probably 90% of their customer base.

I don’t get it. They are running the multicultural stock photos every other company are in their sales pitch. What’s the problem?

Ps. I haven’t been able to get a bet on with them for over a tenner in about 3 years. Never knew it was my white male privilege holding me back :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Shemale

Earendil wrote: »
    I don’t get it. They are running the multicultural stock photos every other company are in their sales pitch. What’s the problem?

Ps. I haven’t been able to get a bet on with them for over a tenner in about 3 years. Never knew it was my white male privilege holding me back :)

Not hard to get really but you seem to have missed it.

First one I have seen, its not stock and probably 90%+ of their customer are whites / asians. Syrikes me as foolish, like the Gilette ad basically inferring all men are sexual predators in waiting

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,586 ✭✭✭4068ac1elhodqr

That would explain why had to keep asking a chap to repeat himself on the phone call last month.
    If had of been chatting to a regular Joe, wouldn't have had to look for, and open the hard to locate web chatbox thingy.

The lad at the back of the image looks like he's had his hair sprayed on, an unsual frisur.

If it's soley for localised retail/shop recruitment, maybe they think some folks can/will work without a mid-day re-fuel.
    https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/paddy-power-in-100000-payout-to-workers-after-clash-over-lunch-breaks-38301950.html

Bear in mind, (like many others) have dropped 'all and every' Jilette product, from purchase ever again.
    Rule 101: Don't insult the customers.

Not hard to get really but you seem to have missed it.

First one I have seen, its not stock and probably 90%+ of their customer are white asians. Syrikes me as foolish, like the Gilette ad basically inferring all men are sexual predators in waiting

What’s a ‘white asian’?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,319 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

Is the OP one of those snowflakes I keep reading about?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16 SD2019

I'm not racist but....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,238 ✭✭✭munster87

Finally creepy moustaches are acceptable

SD2019 wrote: »
    I'm not racist but....
    Collie D wrote: »
    Is the OP one of those snowflakes I keep reading about?

Educate yourselves, companies arent hiring people because they are male and white or male and asian, some companies are incentivising not hiring these groups, but sure nothing to worry about.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭tabby aspreme

munster87 wrote: »
    Finally creepy moustaches are acceptable

The Village People advertising gambling

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭BigStickMick

Taking shorter prices with Boyles to own the libs

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,378 ✭✭✭robbiezero

Hate Paddy Power, but it seems a fairly standard "Look how diverse a company we are" stock photo, that loads of them use to keep the twitter mob off their backs.
    Like when RTE does the Leaving Cert student results interviews.

robbiezero wrote: »
    Hate Paddy Power, but it seems a fairly standard "Look how diverse a company we are" stock photo, that loads of them use to keep the twitter mob off their backs.

Correct. It's the way the world has gone.

robbiezero wrote: »

I have heard of two very large IT companies having positive discrimination hiring policies and thought it was more of that.

It struck me that they have 4 women but all white, they could have had added an asian woman and an african woman

They have a photo with some human beings in it, not sure what odds it makes where they come from or what colour their skin is? Nearly all staff I have ever come across in Paddy Power shops are white and Irish anyway..

• Registered Users Posts: 869 ✭✭✭carq

why does one lad look like hitler ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭littlevillage

Its an unusual photo right enough. Whats with the Kanye West looking dude at the back :confused:

Are their typical customers queuing up for these jobs?
    These diversity posters are often an indication that the company is struggling to recruit for whatever reason and wants people from diverse traditionally marginalised parts of society to apply.

Its an unusual photo right enough. Whats with the Kanye West looking dude at the back :confused:

He is the greatest in play trader the world has ever seen.

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭PhuckHugh22

If one was to not bet with a bookmaker on moral grounds as the bookmaker is up to some dodgy business then you would probably never have a bet ever.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

I have no idea what this thread is actually about?

• Advertisement

IAMAMORON wrote: »
    I have no idea what this thread is actually about?
    Paddy Power used some people who were not white men (the horror of it!) in their recruitment poster and that obviously means they are positively discriminating - as a betting shop cashier is such an in demand and desirable position that they have the luxury of being able to pick and choose who they employ :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

carq wrote: »
    why does one lad look like hitler ?

That's the representative white male

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭Peintre Celebre

Can't fathom that this has bothered someone

Paddy Power used some people who were not white men (the horror of it!) in their recruitment poster and that obviously means they are positively discriminating - as a betting shop cashier is such an in demand and desirable position that they have the luxury of being able to pick and choose who they employ :rolleyes:

Funny that you saw white men, whereas I said white and asian men who are the majority of their customers and appear to be deliberately under represented.

If the idea was being PC they missed the female african and female asian demographic.

Yeah, Paddy Power cashiers do the sales, marketing, management, callcentres and IT infrastructure :rolleyes:

Our company(IT) are hiring a lot of non white males and non asian males, I know of another large company with a positive discrimination policy and I have heard of one huge IT company incentivising HR not to hire white males and asian males.

But sure its grand if you are unemployed or looking to move jobs as a white male or asian male.

Can't fathom that this has bothered someone

Its an usual poster and ties in with other large firms hiring policies, its a huge problem.

I am all for equality but when people are getting 6k - 7k bonus to hire people that arent of a certain ethnicity and gender thats plain wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,460 ✭✭✭vandriver

I've driven loads of employees to the Power Tower,and I'd say the makeup is about 80% white male,and 20% white female.

• Registered Users Posts: 545 ✭✭✭CageWager

I am all for equality but when people are getting 6k - 7k bonus to hire people that arent of a certain ethnicity and gender thats plain wrong.

This is industry standard now. Accenture are laying out 50 grand for anyone who can produce a minority for an executive level role. Does this show how desperate they are to improve opportunities for minorities or how desperate they are to avoid be viewed as discriminatory by the twitterazzi?

Funny that you saw white men, whereas I said white and asian men who are the majority of their customers and appear to be deliberately under represented.

If the idea was being PC they missed the female african and female asian demographic.

Yeah, Paddy Power cashiers do the sales, marketing, management, callcentres and IT infrastructure :rolleyes:

Our company(IT) are hiring a lot of non white males and non asian males, I know of another large company with a positive discrimination policy and I have heard of one huge IT company incentivising HR not to hire white males and asian males.

But sure its grand if you are unemployed or looking to move jobs as a white male or asian male.
    Pretty sure this is nonsense and there are far more important things to be boiling your piss about and boycotting companies on the basis of.

But are your customers 90% white males and asian males, this seems to be an important point for you :)

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭PhuckHugh22

What has all this got to do with Horse Racing?

Seems like a thread that should be in After Hours or something.

• Advertisement

What has all this got to do with Horse Racing?

Seems like a thread that should be in After Hours or something.
    Are you not paying attention, it's *a huge problem* and if we allow it to continue we'll be governed by disabled black lesbian muslim refugees who want to destroy our culture.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement