Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Chat 2019/20

Options

Comments

Head starting to get busted now.

Kane is part of the problem.

Too much information all round.

Must have over 200 screenshots, on my phone, of different squads I’ve picked.

The way Poch has reacted in recent press conferences has kinda put me off Kane.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,508 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Only two players scored more than 20 goals and got 10 plus assists in their league last season. He was one and the other was Messi.

I actually confused Pepe with someone else.

He seems to be correctly priced around Auba/Lazacette. Maybe preferred on the basis of being in midfield. He is there right?

But I don't share people's immediate enthusiasm. Be interesting to see if he can hit this season the same as last.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,262 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

The way Poch has reacted in recent press conferences has kinda put me off Kane.

Explain

manual_man wrote: »
    Explain

Sorry I should have elaborated.

He hasn’t said anything negative about Kane at all.

He seems very irate about his role at the club and lack of influence on what players come and go.

He said he is now a coach and not a manager. Just doesn’t seem too happy.

It’s not the best scenario.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭The real mccoy 91

Which West Ham centre half is the good one ?

Think it’s Diop that made a big difference to their clean sheet ratio last year ? Am I mixing them up ?

No it was balbuena got injured before Christmas and our clean sheets dried up he didn't get back up to speed for the rest of the year and he is probably more of a goal threat than diop.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48,137 ✭✭✭✭km79

No it was balbuena got injured before Christmas and our clean sheets dried up he didn't get back up to speed for the rest of the year and he is probably more of a goal threat than diop.

Its diop being linked with the move to the likes of united though not Balbuena
    Diop is very highly rated

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,278 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Kelly lines out for Palace, any reason not to pick him as 4m fodder?

Anyone kmow how long Tomkins is out for?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,294 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Maybe I missed it, but is there a sign up thread, or code for the qualifing league (to get into League 2 2020/21). Cant see it on the forum page, or on the first few/last pages of this thread.

Mint Sauce wrote: »
    Maybe I missed it, but is there a sign up thread, or code for the qualifing league (to get into League 2 2020/21). Cant see it on the forum page, or on the first few/last pages of this thread.

Not yet, need to fill Lg 2 first and then it will be opened.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭galwaylad14

Was just playing around with my team and something stood out to me. Presumably everyone is going to have at least one guy on their bench who they plan will never be used at all really (ie the 3rd sub) and from looking around it seems a lot of people have a 4.0 defender as this person (if not 2 of them)

But it looks like none of the 4.0's will be starters so surely it's more logical to leave this "dud" position as a striker at 4.5? Because from looking through the game it seems the cheapest striker that's a guaranteed starter is Wesley at Villa for 6.0, where as there's loads of defenders at 4.5 that will play every week and I'd expect a few of them will be solid options as either a bench player or rotating into that 11th spot when they have a nice fixture. In other words if you have a 4.5 striker you've to spend an extra 1.5 to get a starter, where as you only need an extra 0.5 to get a guaranteed starting defender over a 4.0 that won't play.

So to me picking 4.0 defenders is illogical really unless you think your guy may actually play or you really want to use three strikers.

If you've 10m left it seems a lot more logical to me anyway to pick say Greenwood and Zinchenko over Wesley and Lundstram. And you have the flexibility to move off Zinchenko to 90% of the other defenders in the game, options are limited enough if you're coming off Wesley/Ings etc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭Irish94

Question.

As you can't have more than 3 players from one team - What happens if I have chosen DeGea, AWB, Pogba and Maguire in my team? Maguire is still a Leicester player. Presumably, he will be switched to Man United during the week. I imagine I can still play all 4, but won't be able to make a transfer without switching one of the four players mentioned out of my team. A loophole, one can say, perhaps?

Irish94 wrote: »
    Question.

As you can't have more than 3 players from one team - What happens if I have chosen DeGea, AWB, Pogba and Maguire in my team? Maguire is still a Leicester player. Presumably, he will be switched to Man United during the week. I imagine I can still play all 4, but won't be able to make a transfer without switching one of the four players mentioned out of my team. A loophole, one can say, perhaps?

You won't be able to make any transfers without removing one of them. You can get a week or two with them but not sure id want them all.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,096 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Question.

A loophole and a pitfall all in one.

(I'm a United fan before any offence is taken)

Question.

I think your team will automatically get deleted for having triple United defence ;

But it looks like none of the 4.0's will be starters so surely it's more logical to leave this "dud" position as a striker at 4.5?

Both Lundstram and Kelly featured heavily in pre-season.
    I imagine Kelly will lose out to either Sakho or Tomkins when fit.
    Lundstram played in MF yesterday.

I'm willing to take a chance.
    I usually WC over international break anyway and can get 2 x 4.5 rotating defenders in their place if required.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,017 ✭✭✭remoteboy

I figure if Kelly and Lundstram start the first few weeks their guaranteed to rise in value. Can ditch them then and pocket the profit.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

I was reading the Sheff utd forum as im thinking of going with Callum Robinson. Not a lot of love for lundstram from what I was reading a lot of surprise about how much gametime he is getting and criticism of his performance yesterday, although the manager has picked him for most pre season games so that's all that matters.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

km79 wrote: »
    Its diop being linked with the move to the likes of united though not Balbuena
    Diop is very highly rated

Winston Reid plays when not injured I’d be thinking

Chesty08 wrote: »
    Winston Reid plays when not injured I’d be thinking

He is always injured

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭letsgo2018

Anyone considering wan bissaka or maguire now . United should be alot better defensively

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,552 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

What price do we think Kean going on at?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,954 ✭✭✭Degag

Dr. Bre wrote: »
    What price do we think Kean going on at?

Gonna say 8m

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭Happy4all

any thought on how likely Mane & Aguera starting next week?

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,208 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Happy4all wrote: »
    any thought on how likely Mane & Aguera starting next week?

Manes only back to training tomorrow I think, wouldn't expect him to start. Aguero hard to tell but noteworthy Jesus came on for Sane ahead of him.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users Posts: 7,671 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

Liverpool look very shaky at the back again. I think it's a big risk doubling up on their defense to start the season

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

I thought I had only one place in my squad up for grabs. After this wekend the number is 7.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,437 ✭✭✭touts

ScummyMan wrote: »
    Liverpool look very shaky at the back again. I think it's a big risk doubling up on their defense to start the season

Saw some people talking about tripling up on the Liverpool defence. After today I'd say there are a lot of redrafts going on. It was always madness to put that much on one team's defence.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,262 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Is Barkley a trap? I can't get the feeling i'm gonna get stung by him :D easy swap out for Grealish gw2 if necessary i suppose

Soory i may have missed it but where was Laporte today

• Advertisement

Soory i may have missed it but where was Laporte today

Injured. Rested as a precaution.

Advertisement