Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rugby Championship 2019 chat

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,599 ✭✭✭ScrubsfanChris

Ref called knock on straight away before his assistant butted in. Typical.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭Jacovs

NZ players looking like wtf just happened.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,833 ✭✭✭shootermacg

You've got to love the optimism of SA.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,199 ✭✭✭troyzer

Still haven't seen anything to be absolutely terrified of from a northern hemisphere perspective.

England my pick at the moment.

SA deserved to win. Kinda funny it took something completely flukey for them to snatch a draw.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,935 ✭✭✭SuprSi

Why would it have been a knock on anyway - the ball didn't touch the ground so surely it shouldn't have mattered?

Quite a result. SA have a chance to win the tournament.

I'm not convinced we've seen the All Blacks show their full hand, but I think the bigger news story is that ANYONE can win the tournament.

All Blacks look more vulnerable than they have in a long time, South Africa have improved but they showed very little in that second half.

Playing field looking very level going into the World Cup.

SuprSi wrote: »
    Why would it have been a knock on anyway - the ball didn't touch the ground so surely it shouldn't have mattered?

It mattered if it was knocked on into an All Black

• Registered Users Posts: 6,935 ✭✭✭SuprSi

Basil3 wrote: »
    It mattered if it was knocked on into an All Black

Ah, of course, thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭jr86

Delighted for SA. They look to be coming into serious form again for the RWC

Why on earth didn't he run under the posts at the end though? Left a very tricky kick, which thankfully he nailed, but could easily have missed

• Advertisement

I'm not convinced we've seen the All Blacks show their full hand, but I think the bigger news story is that ANYONE can win the tournament.

All Blacks look more vulnerable than they have in a long time, South Africa have improved but they showed very little in that second half.

Playing field looking very level going into the World Cup.

Haven't NZ not won this tournament the last two times in a World Cup year though? And they won those world cups

I'd imagine they're well and truly aiming to peak in October not July

• Registered Users Posts: 12,920 ✭✭✭✭stephen_n

Not sure what to make of that game. NZ were quite poor at times. SA’s blitz/miles offside defense caused all sorts of problems. Normally you’d expect NZ teams to adjust to that and punish it, but there was a lot of sloppy play. What worries me from an Irish perspective is that we really struggle to handle an aggressive blitz.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 359 ✭✭NeonWolf

Whats the difference between RG Snymans charge that injured Retallick and Taniela Tupou's that got a yellow card last week?

That Arg jersey ain't half bad

• Registered Users Posts: 6,199 ✭✭✭troyzer

Stadium is half empty.

Australian rugby is in serious trouble.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

Hope Retallick can get back for the World Cup. Yet another player injured being cleared out in a ruck when he wasn’t interfering in the play.

"Could be a record crowd for an Australia v Argentina game"

The entire top tier of the stadium is empty, never mind the all the other empty seats. Nearly the same capacity as Aviva

troyzer wrote: »
    Stadium is half empty.

Australian rugby is in serious trouble.

It might be, but crowds aren't actually that big a problem in the international game. In fairness a match v Argentina in the middle of winter is a bad example. You simply won't get the casual fans out to this one. And half full is an exaggeration

The summer tours and Bledisloe cup games always get massive crowds for them

• Registered Users Posts: 4,413 ✭✭✭chupacabra

Great passage of play there. Had everything.

chupacabra wrote: »
    Great passage of play there. Had everything.

Already looks a fun game in the making!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,982 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

"Could be a record crowd for an Australia v Argentina game"

The entire top tier of the stadium is empty, never mind the all the other empty seats. Nearly the same capacity as Aviva

Did they specify which record was being broken?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,600 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

That pass was a mile forward.

Neil3030 wrote: »
    Did they specify which record was being broken?
    For Australia v Argentina test match in Australia
    Its predicted, no official attendance yet.

So many daft errors by the Aussies

They do strike me as a side who may have a huge performance in them somewhere in the world cup though. They like to throw it about and if it clicks in a game they could be devastating

R Kelly looks like he injured his arm

SuprSi wrote: »

I've always wondered... that ball was knocked forward quite high and far forward before being collected. At what point is that a pass forward to yourself? Rather than being considered juggled and collected?

I've always wondered... that ball was knocked forward quite high and far forward before being collected. At what point is that a pass forward to yourself? Rather than being considered juggled and collected?

It's illegal to intentionally throw the ball forward, whether you catch it again or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,680 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

Argentina player tackled before he received the ball/off the ball?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,436 ✭✭✭BoardsMember

It would only be a pass forward if you intentionally passed it over someone's head. Unless someone else touches the ball, the player can juggle the ball all they like and it wont be given as a forward pass.

• Advertisement

Hope Retallick can get back for the World Cup. Yet another player injured being cleared out in a ruck when he wasn’t interfering in the play.

Reading on twitter that it's a dislocated shoulder and unfortunately it's more likely to be a season ender than not.

It's possible to get back within 8 - 10 weeks but generally it's 3 months +

Hoping it's not as bad as all that and he's back in time, he's one of the best players in the world and you want to see that calibre in a World Cup.

Advertisement