Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Werewolf: Batman

Options

Comments

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,104 ✭✭✭Wendy WW

Tegan WW wrote: »
    Okay, #isowendy conclusion

There were a couple of things I didn’t like early on (dismissing the newspaper and what I felt was fairly pockety behaviour towards babs).

A little poking of Angus, more prodding of Liam, felt strongly that gabs was good. Tried to draw Babs into a conversation on Liam and asked for other opinions on Des. Was this throwing shade or villager looking for a second opinion? I’m leaning towards the latter.

I don’t think Ewan/Wendy or Des/Wendy are on a wolf team together. I think there would have been more cohesive arguments rather than wild accusations.

Wendy supported the Spartacus theory and numbering strategy which I think were both village-like. Overall, I'm leaning village. She could be SK also wolf-hunting, but I’m feeling more village towards Wendy now that I’ve ISO’d her posts.

Cool, thanks for the effort.

Couple of things:

The Des reveal at 8.59pm was in case he was going to die via poisoning, not lynch. Point is moot now anyways as he's been healed.

That's how I play re: the asking for second opinions. I have my theories, and feelings but I feel it better to discuss them openly and get others opinions on them as well. I'm no oracle at this game or anything, especially on day 1 LOL.

Don't think there's anything else really.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,104 ✭✭✭Wendy WW

Ok I'm off now anyways, be back around 7 or so. Ciao folks.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,146 ✭✭✭Barbara WW

Wendy WW wrote: »
    I wonder what the other side of that coin would have meant.

Death for Des? Healing fails?

Pointless speculating really but genuinely interested.

from op.
    "with a 50/50 chance of success"

that suggests dent had a heal to use, and it worked.
    if it wasn't successful, they wouldn't have been healed. (or got the message about being healed)
    Dent is not a good villager, they have no put there hand up for tonight's lynch.
    Therefore, healing des was not an act of kindness, but a spanner in the works, or sabotage the 'nobody dies from poison' clue that we would have had later on.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,202 ✭✭✭Jake WW

Fiona WW wrote: »
    Is a black and white chequered flag not singally the end of a race.

Not the begining?

It as the best gif I could find!

• Forum Games Player Posts: 1,963 ✭✭✭Fiona WW

Jake WW wrote: »
    It as the best gif I could find!

O i figured, it was the let the games begin comment that caught my eye.

Kinda odd to shoe horn a gif into in.

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 2,893 ✭✭✭Clodagh WW

Phil WW wrote: »
    From the OP

Two Face / Harvey Dent
    One night good (day & night phases), the next bad, Harvey has powers to match, each time with a 50/50 chance of success. If Harvey lasts to the end and is good he can win with the Village. If he's bad they have to kill him or Big Bad Harv will lash out for the win. Seer Checks night 1: Harvey Dent - District Attorney, Night 2: Two Face

Suggests that Harvey's powers aren't all bad. D1/N1 is good, peeks good and has good powers that have a 50% chance of working, D2/N2 is bad, peeks bad and has bad powers.

So he a number game and could win it for either side depending on which role he is in. Could be a game changer as numbers dwindle.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,202 ✭✭✭Jake WW

Fiona WW wrote: »
    O i figured, it was the let the games begin comment that caught my eye.

Kinda odd to shoe horn a gif into in.

That’s how I roll.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,392 ✭✭✭LadySkunk

17 pages to catch up on, holy god you’ve all been busy :eek:

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭Desmond WW

Barbara WW wrote: »
    I don't think the ivy targeted you because they she thought you were the seer.
    Show me how they could have thought that. I can't see inside your head, I can only read your posts, and I don't see how you think, that they think, that you were seer.

Scenarios:

Its just two random choices

des freaks out and stinks the place out.
    abi get on with the game.

des wolf

des trys to lure the cure
    abi gets on with the game.

medic gives cure to abi, and as des admitted, they'd look dodge if the survived the poison, so dent uses 50/50 powers on des, which invalidates all clues possible from the whole thing.

Ivy poison was announced on thread a half an hour or so after munch. I had put a post in saying Wendy was a wolf etc in case I died hence my assumption I got the real poison. I cant see any other reason I would get it

Following up with what I said earlier, I have no issue with which of us got the cure, the medic cant no either way, the decision to give it so early is my issue. Lets think the SK gets poisoned for example, a ticking clock my force them to slip up however curing at 2pm was no real pressure.

Also if the cure was given so early and it was a full RV poisoned and died without them getting an out its madness. Going forward, I dont think Alfred needs to pick so early is my bigger point in all this

LadySkunk wrote: »

Put your clothes on and get outta here:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭Eva WW

Oh no :( That’s what happens folks when you fall asleep and wake up in a panic and confused daze :o

My apologies everyone

• Forum Games Player Posts: 4,972 ✭✭✭Conor WW

Are we FFAing?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭Tegan WW

Conor WW wrote: »
    Are we FFAing?

We probably should but since I spent most of my day on Wendy, I don't know who I'm going to vote for, never mind having 3 candidates. I'll try and come up with something by 7ish.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭Doris WW

I voted for Eva this morning when the lynch form opened. TBH I'm unlikely to change unless something drastic happens between now and then.

Doris WW wrote: »
    I voted for Eva this morning when the lynch form opened. TBH I'm unlikely to change unless something drastic happens between now and then.

Why Eva? If you've already explained just let me know roughly when and i'll check back.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,219 ✭✭✭Liam WW

So did I actually. I'll probably change though. When I'm home.

wile others take steve's interest in Shakespearean arts to be odd, i see it as null, and would rather focus on the wolfier contributions of
    ewan, angus, conor, eva, liam and clodagh. i haven't updated my spreadsheet with later inputs, but thats from first impressions.

Steve okay, focusing more on list above, to find better qualities in them than my first impressions.

Okay, its been a while now, so lets update from first impressions.

ewan: 9 posts. not batman, annoyed at not being SK, angus is bad confirmed, my god you're wolfie, vote angus, hidden roles, calls gabs theory terrible, it was terrible, angus is bad wendy is next, how is wanting to be SK wolfie, messes with sparticus reveal, angus is bad.

well, i don't think ewan likes angus, but zero evidence to their accusations make them extremely lame and weak.

Most villagery think they have done is call gabs theory rubbish. But destruction is easy, construction is hard, so no villagery points on offer here yet.

angus: Angus 62 posts. Without even ISO'ing I have villagery feel about angus now. they are working and i'm happy with that. moves angus off this list.

conor: conor 26 posts. They are not making connections i am making, they are not seeing the straight forward but are being contrary. Either our brains work on serious other wave lenghts, or they are just not in the village mindset.
    "I think we can all agree that Steve has found a wolf, only a wolf would disagree." I just don't understand what they are on about
    "Good and bad news for Des and Abby, likely to not be suspected as a wolves just yet. Bad news is there’s a 25% chance they’ll be dead by lynch" Like, you only get the good news if you sucessfully save somebody, so its eaither good news or bad news, and its not that until after if happens, this post is whack and premature. Not coming off my list.

eva: Not coming off my list.

liam: Liam 57 posts: okay, i see immediatly why they are on the list, now, lets see if we can take them off. "This is interesting. In a different game, you’d have been all over an opener like that. " seems to know who player behind account is ? doing work. standing against Spartacus is fine, they are showing conviction in there stand, not a wolf does that make. TBH, I think Desmond could be a wolf, being "poisoned" to garner villager points. If Alfred is listening, I think Abigail should be saved. Of course she knew. Yeah, i've been mind melding alot with liam, so for now, off with you, get out of my list.

clodagh: clodagh 16 posts. not afraid of play with people emotions.
    "Yep. This will filter out all the BS, false claims and expose those who support them" "So he a number game and could win it for either side depending on which role he is in. Could be a game changer as numbers dwindle"
    Yep, you're not going anywhere.

New list

Ewan
    Conor
    Eva
    Clodagh

#FFA1

Ahh Doris, at least say why you're voting for me so I can defend myself :(

Just reminded me I seen a couple of posts about me this morning, I'm going to go back now and respond to them all. Hopefully put this whole Harley Quinn thing to bed.

Then I'll be doing an FFA

Desmond WW wrote: »
    Ivy poison was announced on thread a half an hour or so after munch. I had put a post in saying Wendy was a wolf etc in case I died hence my assumption I got the real poison. I cant see any other reason I would get it

Following up with what I said earlier, I have no issue with which of us got the cure, the medic cant no either way, the decision to give it so early is my issue. Lets think the SK gets poisoned for example, a ticking clock my force them to slip up however curing at 2pm was no real pressure.

Also if the cure was given so early and it was a full RV poisoned and died without them getting an out its madness. Going forward, I dont think Alfred needs to pick so early is my bigger point in all this

So, you think Poison Ivy had until 11am to make a decision, and not until munch.
    I was working under the idea that all the actions would have to have been presented before 10am.

#ISOdoris

Sorry doris, but I noticed that you only had 18 posts and it seemed too good to pass up after doing wendy.

Okay I'm finally here and I feel it goes without saying that I'm Batman. I mean it's pretty obvious isn't it? Just look at my chiseled jaw and broody eyebrows.
    Anyway, don't like Steve's Shakespeare shiit and the chat about Dent drove me to drink. Is there a reason why Dent wouldn't just reveal himself straight away?
    straight in with a jab at steve. I like you doris.

So what you're saying here is that there ARE tasks?? How would you know that???
    another jab at steve about 80 minutes later

FWIW the seer plan is pointless IMO. Everyone would have to join in for it to work and that's just not gonna happen. Therefore you're leaving the real seer exposed and vulnerable to the wolves/SK. In any case I just don't like all the talking about the seer anyway. We should be focusing on finding the evils, not talking about how to hide the already hidden seer. That's just taking us in circles. The seer can do what they like and decide to reveal whenever they deem it necessary.
    I did like Bab's theory on Eva. Not sold on the Gabriel response but Eva's rebuttal of Babs' theory wasn't great so she would be top of my suss list this morning.
    I disagree about the seer plan (though I wasn't around to take part... maybe i'll join) and I assume this is the eva reasoning. I'll go back and look at bab's theory and eva's response

But we won't get their peeks until they're dead then. And if there's no auto priest we're screwed as we'd have abslutely nothing to go on. It's much better for the seer to come out and claim when they're good and ready to.
    Everyone claiming the seer at this point only confuses things. We won't have any more information and it flags up to the wolves who definitely isn't the seer if anyone makes an incorrect guess. Thereby narrowing the pool of potential seers for the wolves to pick out. A crazy plan.
    seer theory
    So equally are you telling me that you can 100% be sure of a seer claim if it's disputed?
    How does this plan remove the confusion?
    seer theory

The difference is that the Batman thing is clearly a joke. The seer claiming is not and is a legitimate strategy being disucssed seriously by the players. The problem with it is that not enough believe in it to put it into action so it's not going to work.
    Look the seer will make up their own mind how to play the game regardless of this plan so we can talk all we like about it but I think it's wasting time when we could be looking for evils.
    seer theory

But he doesn't need cover. He's already covered by the fact that he's hidden in a group of NRV's.
    seer theory

That gif is mesmerising and very interesting (not in relation to the game, just in general).
    Wonder what the wolves saw to go after Gabby? And why is there no SK kill?
    decent point - still waiting for SK. I assumed it would be at munch too

Ok I feel stupid. Is someone allowed to tell me the answer?
    Wow. That's a new one. Never heard of it.
    I'll take #17.
    competition and helps compile numbers

wins prize...

Sorry for the delay guys, I'm trying to double task with actual real life work.
    I've won a protect for the next 12 hours so it should save someone from the munch in the morning. Not sure who to put it on but I have to decide before the lynch tonight. I've some thinking to do before then. Happy to entertain suggestions but ultimately I'll be the one making the decision.
    The numbers don't stack up here

Well the PM specifically said it didn't cover the lynch or poison and did cover the munch. So even if the 12 hour thing wasn't totally correct they've confirmed with me that it covers the munch so I'm happy enough with that.
    I don't know if the mistake was in the PM or in Doris' interpretation, or if she's making it up as it's an unverifiable prize...

Oh there's no way I'll be saying who I protect. The mods have clarified for me that the order is to be in before midnight tonight and will last for 12 hours from then. So 100% protected from the munch in the morning. Unless there's some funny business that I can't forsee.
    Clarification here but I'm still suspicious here.

I did consider not coming out with what the prize was but I'm sh1t at lying so it would've just made me look unnecessarily suspicious.
    And unfortunately I'm still suspicious Doris

Conclusion

I started this expecting to feel pretty meh, especially as Doris announced the prize on thread, which I took to be villagey, but I really dislike this ISO.

Opens with jabs at steve without too much behind them, relying on bab's work to choose eva as a lynch target, and disputing seer theory which I think does protect seer. Helps in the competition but says have won prize, numbers don't stack, gives clarification but still an unverifiable prize.

I don't like it. I might change my mind after she's posted more, but Doris is going onto my wolfy pile now.

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 3,760 ✭✭✭Angus WW

#FFA1

It’s day one. It’s my belief that Harley Quinn would be in this game so that’s where I’m concentrating.

Ewan - wishes they were SK in their first post. Is this a nod and a wave to The Joker to check him out?

Eva - in a room full of Batman’s wants to be Harley Quinn. Snuff said.

Orla - talks about getting out of Arkham’s asylum and seeing as Harley Quinn (the Dr) was an intern there this also could be a wave to the joker.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,927 ✭✭✭Orla WW

Any quick short recap?

So, you think Poison Ivy had until 11am to make a decision, and not until munch.
    I was working under the idea that all the actions would have to have been presented before 10am.

11am is oddly specific but yeah I'd say so, otherwise one of the potential poisoning victims could have been offed by the SK!

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭Phil WW

Someone once put forward the idea of wolves trying to distance themselves by openly saying how sorry they were after munches. Now I believe there were some wolves who had done so in that game so I thought I'd just put this out there given these are the three I found doing so. There may be more that I missed.
    Tegan WW wrote: »
    Morning all. Finally at my computer so I should be actually posting a bit today.

Sorry Gabs - I thought you were a bit controversial so didn't expect you to go so soon.

I see we're having an argument about spartacus. I'm off to have a read over and get some thoughts together.
    Steve WW wrote: »
    Farewell thomas, we hardly kneweth thee!
    Angus WW wrote: »
    There’s enough images of the joker on his own to choose from without using on with Harley in it so I’d say she’s in the game.

RIP Gabs xxx

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,927 ✭✭✭Orla WW

So 4-6, 8-10 and 18-20 were unclaimed. Worst case is that the wolves chose 5, 9 and 19, assuming that all those who claimed were good. Complete worst case is that 3, 7 and 11 are all wolves, and that the number was somewhere there. Then they would have half the board locked up.

20 for me ;)

I did like Bab's theory on Eva. Not sold on the Gabriel response but Eva's rebuttal of Babs' theory wasn't great so she would be top of my suss list this morning.

Aw there it is Doris. You didn't like my response so I'm top of your suspect list today but you haven't gone into it any further, looked through my posts or given me anything concrete I can respond to?
    Liam WW wrote: »
    Is that not what I said? It's certainly what I meant to say. It was Eva (the potential Harley) was was breadcrumbing.

It wasn't breadcrumbing Liam, I posted one gif on my very first post. Everyone was saying they were Batman. I really like Harley Quinn outside of the game as DC character. If I was going to breadcrumb I would have been a hell of a lot more subtle about it.
    Conor WW wrote: »
    I’d agree

Also @Liam I mentioned above that Barbara had broken her analysis out into two parts, neither of which were reliant on the other being true. Likewise I think he could have found Harley and Eva not be her but it certainly looks like she was breadcrumbing

This bring us to the question of why Gabs was munched. Here’s a theory

The wolves believe Barbara’s theory on Gabs and Eva, decide to get rid of another team, or part thereof. If this is true IMO it would lead me to believe in a less experienced wolf team, they would surely want the SK alive for a bit longer to keep the kill rate up.
    If that is the case I’d be leaning village on Barbara as she seems to experienced to do that. If she suspected Gabs I think she’d hold out for a night of two.

The real hole in my theory comes with why they would lynch Gabs over Eva, the evidence against her was a lot stronger IMO

I have a theory myself on why Gabs was targetted over me.
    Gabriel WW wrote: »
    I meant Harley but Fiona has completely taken what I said out of context and then put words in my mouth.

I was looking at a theory about avatars and gave a list of a bunch of characters that I'd found as avatars. Fiona is focused on one of them and completely ignoring prior posts.

Eva you're village for me.

Gabs said I was village to him. I had the most doubt put on me so I'm an easy lynch target. Take Gabs out of the question as someone who would have potentially fought my corner and it's easy pickings on me then for the lynch. You're all coming for me over a gif I posted on my very first post saying in a wolf full of Batmans I'd be Harley Quinn because I really like the character. I genuinely didn't know she was a playable character and I'm kicking myself now for it!

If I go tonight(and I'm not going down without a fight) I would ask that you all look into the people that were gunning for me, time is being wasted now looking for a character that's may or may not even be in the game when there's 3/4 including Harvey rogues and a SK out there.

If you're going to vote for me then ISO me, ask me questions. I have nothing to hide but don't just vote for me because of a gif. At the end of the day that's what's caused this. I really want to help the village and voting for me tonight will not help the village.

I would also like to point out that the seer can easily peak me and see who I am

Eva WW wrote: »

Gabs said I was village to him. I had the most doubt put on me so I'm an easy lynch target. Take Gabs out of the question as someone who would have potentially fought my corner and it's easy pickings on me then for the lynch. You're all coming for me over a gif I posted on my very first post saying in a wolf full of Batmans I'd be Harley Quinn because I really like the character. I genuinely didn't know she was a playable character and I'm kicking myself now for it!

That could not have been a worse typo, god give me strength I can't catch a break :pac:

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,307 ✭✭✭Riona WW

Eva WW wrote: »
    That could not have been a worse typo, god give me strength I can't catch a break :pac:

Oh god, I hadn’t even noticed your typo until you pointed it out.

Short window online this evening for me so going to have to vote shortly. I’m going to go back through today as much as I can but tbh your ‘come and get me’ Harley post at the start sticks out a mile right now.

• Advertisement

Someone once put forward the idea of wolves trying to distance themselves by openly saying how sorry they were after munches. Now I believe there were some wolves who had done so in that game so I thought I'd just put this out there given these are the three I found doing so. There may be more that I missed.

I'm not a wolf - I always say i'm sorry for people if i'm on around munch as I think it's rubbish to be munched early, and especially first.

Advertisement