Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Werewolf: Batman

Options

Comments

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭Eva WW

Barbara WW wrote: »
    Din't join in, paint a target on your back, that's fine too! You need a few not to join in on the fun for WIFOM.
    :D

What’s WIFOM and who’s doing the targeting?

I don’t like that you’re insinuating that by not taking part in a game that potentially puts the seer in danger is going against the village and as a result of that people will be targeted. As I’ve said I’ve never seen this before in a game and find it odd that you’re so for it.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,146 ✭✭✭Barbara WW

Eva WW wrote: »

I don’t like that you’re insinuating that by not taking part in a game that potentially puts the seer in danger is going against the village and as a result of that people will be targeted. As I’ve said I’ve never seen this before in a game and find it odd that you’re so for it.

the link in the op

WIFOM - 'Wine in front of me' A multi-layered explanation for this one, best described here

targeted by wolves looking for a uncooperative seer or not (WIFOM)

• Forum Games Player Posts: 1,963 ✭✭✭Fiona WW

Eva WW wrote: »

He/she is not

They are saying organically some people wont part take and maybe a seer will or wont.

But she/he is misunderstanding the more villagers who claim to have peeked wolves as villagers will still narrow down the field of seer munch targets regardless of seer participation or not

Now of course this can be done as a double bluff also, but it means seer possible giving up the game early to a mis lynch or Sk/wolf (good read) munch

FYI, the seer in another game, was well up for the plan.

Fiona WW wrote: »
    Here look if there is a study done on this strategy over a 1000s games or more compared to ones without that result in a higher % village win im all ears

But when you implement something which could reduce the seer down to a 1 in 456 target, on day 2 it sounds crazy.

It doesn't matter who part takes the more I peeked villager who was actually a wolf reduces the targets for wolfs.

Hmm looks like we agree on something.

Well okay then

giphy.gif?cid=19f5b51a5d34fda9376a733573109c06&rid=giphy.gif

• Advertisement

Anyway ive given my thoughts on the game mechanics of this and I'll stop now

I wont be part taking as ive shooting to do

Fiona WW wrote: »
    Anyway ive given my thoughts on the game mechanics of this and I'll stop now

I wont be part taking as ive shooting to do

and i'm babman, the seer who peek steve as a villager.

I'm also going to protect wendy and steal eva's powers.

oh no, the bab computer has detected mr freeze entering the game, but is unable to determine if the are on the side of good or bad???
    what does that mean??
    maybe we lost the competition?
    same bab time, same bab channel, tomorrow, for more updates.

oh no, the bab computer has detected mr freeze entering the game, but is unable to determine if the are on the side of good or bad???
    what does that mean??
    maybe we lost the competition?
    same bab time, same bab channel, tomorrow, for more updates.

And with that I’m off to bed :pac:

Night all, here’s to good luck and fortunes tomorrow :)

• Advertisement

ba ba ba ba ba ba ba,
    ba ba ba ba ba ba ba.
    Babmaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan

my computer has detected harley quinn entering the game wierdly enough

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Steve WW

Wendy WW wrote: »
    Like so many people post game say 'Oh I wish I said this' or 'I should have given my thoughts' when it's too late.

If you're village, just be up front and honest about what you're thinking. Keeping your thoughts to yourself doesn't help anyone.

Fair nuff - I dont like orla!

'rla hast mine own suspicions arous'd

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭Abigail WW

Fiona really does have her sights set on Gabriel. Very risky move if she is seer.

Then again, he did claim below

Gabriel WW wrote: »
    Do RV come across as Wolfy?
    Gabriel WW wrote: »
    I'm not claiming here. But I've still not got the hang of RV and no one has ever answered this question?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,219 ✭✭✭Liam WW

Why should only the wolves get to have strategies?
    with possibly 19 villagers and 6 evils, we need to get our act together and strategize before the wolves become to influential in our decisions.

This plan is pro village, why resist?

Do you not want to help the seer to get their results out on the thread in the least risky and least cryptic way?

Seer cover helps the seer. They dont have to struggle to get their peeks out because all the cover means that the evils dont know who the seer is.

Tell me who batman is!

Do you think every villager saying "i'm batman" made batman more visible to the evils?

Or do you think batman has the cover of everybody else saying "Im batman"?

Its the same deal.

It's really not the same deal. Player dies, auto-priest says they're Batman. What does the fact that they were one of the ones who claimed Batman actually tell us? That helps us.

OtOH, a seer actually has useful information to leave behind.
    FYI, the seer in another game, was well up for the plan.

And as mentioned previously, that is a "seer game". Everyone is NRV, wolf or seer. As vanilla as you can get. This is an entirely different game.

I've slept on it. I've read the arguments. I'm still against it.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,760 ✭✭✭Angus WW

Morning.

I’m the seer. Wendy is a villager.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭Abigail WW

Good Morning Gotham, I'm feeling left out, I must be the only non-seer in this game.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,202 ✭✭✭Jake WW

Good morning Goths. Let the games begin.

giphy.gif?cid=8fc3c8975d3560e343574559772820e6&rid=giphy.gif

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,409 ✭✭✭Ewan WW

Angus WW wrote: »
    Morning.

I’m the seer. Wendy is a villager.

No you're not.

Angus is bad

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭Doris WW

FWIW the seer plan is pointless IMO. Everyone would have to join in for it to work and that's just not gonna happen. Therefore you're leaving the real seer exposed and vulnerable to the wolves/SK. In any case I just don't like all the talking about the seer anyway. We should be focusing on finding the evils, not talking about how to hide the already hidden seer. That's just taking us in circles. The seer can do what they like and decide to reveal whenever they deem it necessary.

I did like Bab's theory on Eva. Not sold on the Gabriel response but Eva's rebuttal of Babs' theory wasn't great so she would be top of my suss list this morning.

• Advertisement

Ah Ewan you’re here.

I have no idea what your up to but if I get munched because of it then you’re an idiot because if you’re good too, you’ve put a lynch me sign on your back.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,307 ✭✭✭Riona WW

Morning troops,

I’m the seer, abigail is good

Spartacus theory makes sense btw, we don’t need the seer to live till the end, a few peeks are enough once they share the information

Doris WW wrote: »
    FWIW the seer plan is pointless IMO. Everyone would have to join in for it to work and that's just not gonna happen. Therefore you're leaving the real seer exposed and vulnerable to the wolves/SK. In any case I just don't like all the talking about the seer anyway. We should be focusing on finding the evils, not talking about how to hide the already hidden seer. That's just taking us in circles. The seer can do what they like and decide to reveal whenever they deem it necessary.

I did like Bab's theory on Eva. Not sold on the Gabriel response but Eva's rebuttal of Babs' theory wasn't great so she would be top of my suss list this morning.

It’s not about hiding the seer, it’s about getting their information out there. We don’t have a priest so being able to see how someone flips means we find out over the course of the game what to disregard and what to keep.

Riona WW wrote: »
    It’s not about hiding the seer, it’s about getting their information out there. We don’t have a priest so being able to see how someone flips means we find out over the course of the game what to disregard and what to keep.

But we won't get their peeks until they're dead then. And if there's no auto priest we're screwed as we'd have abslutely nothing to go on. It's much better for the seer to come out and claim when they're good and ready to.
    Everyone claiming the seer at this point only confuses things. We won't have any more information and it flags up to the wolves who definitely isn't the seer if anyone makes an incorrect guess. Thereby narrowing the pool of potential seers for the wolves to pick out. A crazy plan.

But we won't get their peeks until they're dead then. And if there's no auto priest we're screwed as we'd have abslutely nothing to go on. It's much better for the seer to come out and claim when they're good and ready to.
    Everyone claiming the seer at this point only confuses things. We won't have any more information and it flags up to the wolves who definitely isn't the seer if anyone makes an incorrect guess. Thereby narrowing the pool of potential seers for the wolves to pick out. A crazy plan.

There’s no priest in the op so unless the mods are sadists I’m saying there has to be autopriest. If he start of the game is always confusion, the trick is to get out of that state as quickly as possible. There’s more village than wolves so even if they can eliminate some villagers it still leaves cover once everyone doesn’t go for the same player as their pick. The seers job is to die with as much information as possible on the table, if the seers alive at end of game they’ve either played really badly or gotten really lucky.

We’ll know at munch whether there’s an auto priest or not. We can then hash out (BUT NOT NAME NAMES) during the day and be decided if and how to go with the plan after lynch tonight.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,104 ✭✭✭Wendy WW

Ah Doris, are you telling me you wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the plan and an actual seer claim, if it was deemed necessary?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,104 ✭✭✭Wendy WW

God damn Orla and Riona have the same avatars :/

This could get confusing but for Orla talking in one line posts and Riona being a little more wordy (no bad thing btw)

Wendy WW wrote: »
    Ah Doris, are you telling me you wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the plan and an actual seer claim, if it was deemed necessary?
    So equally are you telling me that you can 100% be sure of a seer claim if it's disputed?

• Advertisement

Riona WW wrote: »
    There’s no priest in the op so unless the mods are sadists I’m saying there has to be autopriest. If he start of the game is always confusion, the trick is to get out of that state as quickly as possible. There’s more village than wolves so even if they can eliminate some villagers it still leaves cover once everyone doesn’t go for the same player as their pick. The seers job is to die with as much information as possible on the table, if the seers alive at end of game they’ve either played really badly or gotten really lucky.

How does this plan remove the confusion?

Advertisement