Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spotify Family.. Anyone interested? [Threads Merged] [Mod Note in OP]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭SweetCaliber

Colin81 wrote: »
    Im in - Too late ?? Thanks Colin ....

Just in time! I'll send you a PM now.

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭The-Rafalution

Looks like you have enough now to start but if anyone drops out, I would join please.

Thanks alot!
    Going to start one myself, 30 euro for the year. If anyone is interested quote this post and say I'm in and once I have 5 people I'll PM you the details.

PayPal only, to keep the funds in the PayPal account.

If anything is to happen down the line, such as Spotify clamping down further or pulling the plug, you'll be refunded your remaining months.

Looks like you have enough now to start but if anyone drops out, I would join please.

Thanks alot!

Still waiting to hear back from 2, probably in work so will give them till the end of the day, I'll keep you in reserve and will let you know by tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭dercunx

Going to start one myself, 30 euro for the year. If anyone is interested quote this post and say I'm in and once I have 5 people I'll PM you the details.

I'll join if anyone drops out. Thanks

Still waiting to hear back from 2, probably in work so will give them till the end of the day, I'll keep you in reserve and will let you know by tonight.

dercunx wrote: »

Family is all paid up, sorry lads! Ye should start one, I'm sure theres plenty out there that would join, 2.50/month is a pretty good deal!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Knockieranlady

Can’t believe I missed this again. Two spaces needed if possible please.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭DublinGirl738

I’d be interested to join a family if possible, completely new to the whole things so not sure what is involved or what I have to do but I thought I’d throw my name out there if someone was looking for someone to fill a place

• Registered Users Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭AdrianII

I'm looking for a family also. Was in one previously on here but it wasn't renewed. Drop me a PM if anyone has any spare slots.

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭jkbah

Thinking of starting family. Will have 3-4 spaces available. Will require payment upfront either 6 or 12 months on revolut.

Family is all paid up, sorry lads! Ye should start one, I'm sure theres plenty out there that would join, 2.50/month is a pretty good deal!

Can I ask how it's 2.50? Is family plan not 15€ per month?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭Cushie Butterfield

jkbah wrote: »
    Can I ask how it's 2.50? Is family plan not 15€ per month?
    2.50 x 6 = 15

2.50 x 6 = 15

Thought there were only 5 in family. Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭King_Joffery

Thinking of starting family. Will have 3-4 spaces available. Will require payment upfront either 6 or 12 months on revolut.

I would like to join your family. Please pm me if spot available.
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭Hairdo

dercunx wrote: »

Definitely interested if there is a spot. Thanks.

elfy4eva wrote: »
    I'm In

Definitely interested if there is a spot. Thanks.

I'm interested if you have a spot. Can pay revolut or other.

2 spaces left. First to pm me secures

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭rustledjimmies

2 spaces left. First to pm me secures

PM sent. 1 spot left folks.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,105 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Can you give a quick summary of how it works for a buyer and how much?

Do we all have separate play lists?
    Do we share a login?

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭gerard2210

NIMAN wrote: »
    Can you give a quick summary of how it works for a buyer and how much?

Do we all have separate play lists?
    Do we share a login?
    Usually 30 euro for the year.
    You get a link from the person setting up the family.
    You keep your account and playlists.

• Advertisement

€30 gets you a year of Spotify Premium. Family plan is €15 per month with a total of 6 spots per family. So, €15 per month for 12 months is 180 divided by 6 members is €30 each per YEAR.

Everyone uses their own account (new or existing). If you join this, you will get an invitation link via email to join the family. Then you crack on as usual with your own account, now with Premium.

User who sets up the family will pay the €15 per month to keep the plan going.

So, you going to join me? :)

€30 gets you a year of Spotify Premium. Family plan is €15 per month with a total of 6 spots per family. So, €15 per month for 12 months is 180 divided by 6 members is €30 each per YEAR.

Everyone uses their own account (new or existing). If you join this, you will get an invitation link via email to join the family. Then you crack on as usual with your own account, now with Premium.

User who sets up the family will pay the €15 per month to keep the plan going.

So, you going to join me? :)

So I can share with 5 others for € 30 annually, or get my own premium account for €30 annually?

Is that right?

Sorry, I thought you were asking about how a family plan works. As an individual, your own Premium account would cost €120 for the year (€10pm). As a member of a family plan (with the full 6 members) Premium costs €15pm, total. But that €15 is split 6 ways.

In summary, join a family!

Sorry, I thought you were asking about how a family plan works. As an individual, your own Premium account would cost €120 for the year (€10pm). As a member of a family plan (with the full 6 members) Premium costs €15pm, total. But that €15 is split 6 ways.

In summary, join a family!

Yeah basically joining a family saves you 90 euro a year.

I see.

I was thinking of buying an Amazon Unlimited Music account for £3.99 per month.

Do you know if you can play Spotify on the Echo devices?

So it's €30.

Can I pay by PayPal?

If you're joining a family set up by someone else then you have to pay THEM, not Spotify. I've joined jkbah's family (from a few posts back) and he wants to be paid via Revolut. Maybe the next hero that sets up the next "family" will accept PayPal?

You pay €30 once-off to whomever sets up the family and then that person pays the €15 per month to Spotify. 'Tis a wee bit of a scam going on here like :)

Sorry, but don't see a scam.
    Only 2 possibilities are:

The person who takes the money doesn't set up an account and pockets the money

Or else they cancel halfway through.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,503 ✭✭✭✭banie01

NIMAN wrote: »
    Sorry, but don't see a scam.
    Only 2 possibilities are:

The person who takes the money doesn't set up an account and pockets the money

Or else they cancel halfway through.

I read it as Spotify are being "scammed" by us all being related, ya know.... ;)

Advertisement