Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spotify Family.. Anyone interested? [Threads Merged] [Mod Note in OP]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭speedygirl

current subscription up, anyone setting up family spotify etc that i can get a place on ?

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,028 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Spotify through a browser is now asking me to confirm my address as I’m the plan owner. It opens up a page which links it to google maps addresses and as I type in my address, I have to find it from the drop down menu.

455-A13-FF-D701-48-B3-8-ECB-2279-C06-CAF33.jpg

0-B1-E65-FA-6793-49-F7-A11-C-4-B9-A748-FC1-A2.png

• Registered Users Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭mightybashful

Aquos76 wrote: »
    Spotify through a browser is now asking me to confirm my address as I’m the plan owner. It opens up a page which links it to google maps addresses and as I type in my address, I have to find it from the drop down menu.

455-A13-FF-D701-48-B3-8-ECB-2279-C06-CAF33.jpg

0-B1-E65-FA-6793-49-F7-A11-C-4-B9-A748-FC1-A2.png

Dunno if I'm allowed say, but would the fake GPS app work in some such situation?

And could my family please pm me?

It doesn’t ask for access to my location, it just asks me to put in my address and then confirm it. I’m assuming then that after 30th Sept it will then start requesting my family members to confirm their address in the same manner. I’m not overly bother as one of my family has my wife and two kids in it along with my brother and sister, who live close by.

I did get my wife to log into her Spotify account via browser afterwards and she wasn’t asked to confirm anything just yet. I honestly can’t see how a location fixed system would work, do Spotify only expect us to only use their service at our home address

• Registered Users Posts: 12,398 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

My family all put their address in as mine. I can't help if all my family are renting houses at college elsewhere etc etc. I think they're looking for obvious irregularities but will quickly give up when everyone jumps ship to cheaper services elsewhere.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭Villan11

My family host kindly shared his address when setting up last year so I've been using his address ever since. Hopefully they don't go down the sophisticated GEO tracking solution. While I don't live a million miles away, I've never been within 100 metres of his house.

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭hankless

Yes just signed up for the duo account. It is all above board but as I'm in work I didn't allow it to Geo Track my location, so I manually entered it and was accepted.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 fmcgarvey

B Rabbit wrote: »
    1 space free on my account. 30e for year. PM if anyone wants in.

Hi have you still spot free

• Registered Users Posts: 14,743 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

Spotify don't know where you live. It runs on desktops, laptops etc that have no access to location services. They may ask the subsidiary accounts to confirm they're living at the address registered by the main account but if you click "yes" they've no way of knowing otherwise.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭Cloudio9

loyatemu wrote: »
    Spotify don't know where you live. It runs on desktops, laptops etc that have no access to location services. They may ask the subsidiary accounts to confirm they're living at the address registered by the main account but if you click "yes" they've no way of knowing otherwise.

No but they'll know that the six accounts on the family plan have never shared the same IP address despite living under the same roof so can probably determine pretty easily accounts that are abusing the family plan

• Advertisement

Cloudio9 wrote: »
    No but they'll know that the six accounts on the family plan have never shared the same IP address despite living under the same roof so can probably determine pretty easily accounts that are abusing the family plan

Not necessarily as if they all operate on 4G plans they’d all have different IP addresses anyway then.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭DopeTech

I understood it as Spotify will ask the members for access to their Google maps app. In it you can set home, work addresses etc. If your home address doesn't match then they will kick you. So it would mean all members setting their home address in Google maps to the plan owners address which wouldn't be ideal.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,114 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Sir Dosser wrote: »
    I understood it as Spotify will ask the members for access to their Google maps app. In it you can set home, work addresses etc. If your home address doesn't match then they will kick you. So it would mean all members setting their home address in Google maps to the plan owners address which wouldn't be ideal.

They'll want to know what I had for breakfast next.
    They can get lost if they want to know all that info.
    I don't want to share my whereabouts with who knows who.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,743 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

Sir Dosser wrote: »

I doubt this is the case - I've never seen an app ask for that information and I'm not sure it can be shared from Google Maps.

The Spotify app could certainly ask for location access but it would be seriously tricky to get it working reliably to tie in to a specific address (I mostly use Spotify on the move, besides GPS is unreliable on a lot of phones); and anyone using it on a PC won't be able to provide location access in the first place.

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭Helium

adox wrote: »
    I subscribed to Youtube Premium last night and am paying in Indian rupees.

It includes Google Play Music which is their equivalent of Spotify.

Works out at €1.63 a month.

Works a treat, Thanks for posting that.

Actually upgraded to family for extra 60 rupee, approx. €2.37 a month

• Registered Users Posts: 4 fmcgarvey

NIMAN wrote: »
    So I can share with 5 others for € 30 annually, or get my own premium account for €30 annually?

Is that right?

Hi do you have any spaces free for spotify

• Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭Eire Go Brach

The new address verification is a non issue. You can still put in a random address manually if you need to. It seems that none of my members had to verify yet.
    So we are safe for now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭SweetCaliber

The new address verification is a non issue. You can still put in a random address manually if you need to. It seems that none of my members had to verify yet.
    So we are safe for now.

Same, besides my address is a real one so unless Spotify want to send a rep to the door and ask for everyone's ID they can bugger off.

So we are safe for now.

The new T&C’s don’t come into effect till after 19th September, I don’t expect any member of my family to be asked to confirm details till after that date. I however as the plan owner have already been asked to confirm my address using google maps.

I don’t see an issue for those who have used a genuine address, it’s those people who have made up fictitious addresses will have an issue. I’ve already contacted a plan owner who used random letters in the address field in his plan advising him to change it to a real address and pass it on to his family members prior to 19th September, and I’d advise anyone else in same situation to do the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,617 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

Guess there will be an increase in traffic soon with Vodafone ditching the free Spotify on their X plan mobile.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

okidoki987 wrote: »
    Guess there will be an increase in traffic soon with Vodafone ditching the free Spotify on their X plan mobile.

That's what I am planning on doing anyway. Just need to get on a decent network now 🤣

• Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭Eire Go Brach

See pic.

Been messing around with adding member. So hopefully the manual method works the 19th and it’s not just geo.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭Onecoolcookie

okidoki987 wrote: »

Yuuuup that's why I'm in this thread now :P

So family offer for €30 a month is the best deal going at the moment yes?

Anyone looking for one more person?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

I would be up for signing up to the family plan.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭Onecoolcookie

I would be up for signing up to the family plan.

Yep me too.

• Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭Telly

Me too

• Registered Users Posts: 6,253 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

I’m interested also, Vodafone X customer!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,268 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Me too

• Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭kaji

I'm up for joining a family too. I was in one before, one that was set up on this site, but annoyingly left it a few months ago because of Vodafone X. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48 Jellyonaplate

2 Vodafone x customers here looking for a Spotify family

Advertisement