Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Top Gun: Maverick

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Ed Harris, I'm sold.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,155 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

I'll be honest: I can't fvcking wait for this!

Top Gun is one of my all-time favourite brain-off, popcorn flicks, the planes are just beautiful and if there's one thing you can rely on Tom Cruise to do well, it's an action flick.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,908 ✭✭✭Brief_Lives

Cruise even appeared briefly at San Diego Comic Con to promote this....

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 67 ✭✭leitrim4life

Top Gun did more for the advancement of gay rights than the stonewall riots.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,155 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

Top Gun did more for the advancement of gay rights than the stonewall riots.

how so?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,908 ✭✭✭Brief_Lives

Sleepy wrote: »
    how so?

• Registered Users Posts: 39 mammychicken

Still no idea who wants this film or who thinks it's a good idea but if they strike the right knowing approach it could be fun.

God this is giving me goosebumps............cannot wait!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,739 ✭✭✭knucklehead6

I loved the Tomcat at the end. A little throwback to the old video rentals around the time of the original film.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 67 ✭✭leitrim4life

Sleepy wrote: »
    how so?

Have you ever really watched that movie? It's pretty obvious.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,319 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

The trailer looks waaaaaaaaaay better than I thought it would!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭Le Bruise

God this is giving me goosebumps............cannot wait!!!

‘Goose’ bumps.....:)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭Wabbit Ears

I really do hope it keeps some of its original camp homo-erotic vibes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

I really do hope it keeps some of its original camp homo-erotic vibes.

I doubt it, I believe Scientology has cured Cruise of that affliction.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

Another "remake". Christ, when will this rubbish end?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,539 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

This looks great

Totally surprised but it looks class ,

• Registered Users Posts: 3,863 ✭✭✭mikhail

Another "remake". Christ, when will this rubbish end?
    Sequel, not a remake.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,654 ✭✭✭Corvo

Inject it straight into my veins.

Can't wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,301 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

Yup, breath taken away.

• Registered Users Posts: 636 ✭✭✭smurf492

Take off in an F/A-18 is hands off stick. The pilots hands are away from all controls until the aircraft is in the air. But yeah, there’s no way a civilian is getting their hands on a single seat. And I also wouldn’t be surprised if they stuck him the back of an F/A-18B trainer. It does seem like a very cruise stunt.

Was this not delayed so cruise could get up to speed with flying one of the planes as cgi was not an option for him... If I remember correctly this was due to be released this summer but was delayed because of this

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

smurf492 wrote: »
    Was this not delayed so cruise could get up to speed with flying one of the planes as cgi was not an option for him... If I remember correctly this was due to be released this summer but was delayed because of this

He spoke at comic-con where he said everything you see in the movie is real .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 687 ✭✭✭reg114

Gatling wrote: »
    He spoke at comic-con where he said everything you see in the movie is real .

Real, as in yes he's in a real plane being flown by a real fighter pilot. While Cruise has a pilots license and has flown helicopters, flying a military aircraft is even beyond his capabilities. Being a civilian he's legally prohibited from flying any military aircraft. Flying even a commercial airliner would take years of training and thousands of airmiles, so to fly a military aircraft of the highest order without a lengthy career in military aviation is impossible. You'll see cruise in a fighter jet.... Flown by someone else.

reg114 wrote: »
    Real, as in yes he's in a real plane being flown by a real fighter pilot. While Cruise has a pilots license and has flown helicopters, flying a military aircraft is even beyond his capabilities.

It's quite possible he has the ability to fly fast jets .

30 years flying experience after all.

Anyway it's a movie

• Registered Users Posts: 7,447 ✭✭✭Calhoun

Looking forward to this :P Like with Terminator i am curious about how they are going to clear up one of the main actors.

Last time i seen Kilmer he was very overweight. I wonder if they will clean him up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Yeah, he was looking really poor last time I saw pictures of him from a month or two ago - not overweight, just incredibly aged in a very unhealthy way for someone who's 59. I know he had a cancer battle, but he honestly looked 80 in some photos.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,848 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,118 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Seems to be a simple explanation first jacket is his father's with Vietnam tour date .
    The 2nd jacket covers the Indian Ocean your where maverick took down the migs .

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,118 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Gatling wrote: »
    Seems to be a simple explanation first jacket is his father's with Vietnam tour date .
    The 2nd jacket covers the Indian Ocean your where maverick took down the migs .

One hopes that was the driving force behind it! Certainly a film with money from a Chinese corporate giant dropping Japanese and Taiwanese flags raises an eyebrow. Although, given this is Top Gun with the approval of the US Navy, it's already wrapped up in state influence :)

• Registered Users Posts: 45,107 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

I can't wait to see this, I think it is going to have some of the most amazing shots and sequences on film. The stuff they could do now with real jets...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,157 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

Looks great...but if this is present day wouldn't Goose's kid be close to his 40s instead of being a young buck?

Advertisement