Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All Together Now 2019

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭Le Bruise

D.Q wrote: »
    ohhh yeah. Great work!

So assuming they will repurpose all carparks pictured on the festival side of the road as general camping?

Would make the most sense I think! Fine sized campsite then, should take the extra capacity with ease. Just hoping they do a similar expansion with tangerine fields now!

• Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭eplady2017

Le Bruise wrote: »
    Would make the most sense I think! Fine sized campsite then, should take the extra capacity with ease. Just hoping they do a similar expansion with tangerine fields now!

They will have to expand a little anyway as Tangerine Fields have said they will have their own toilets/showers etc this year. Weren't they sharing with boutique last year!!

eplady2017 wrote: »
    They will have to expand a little anyway as Tangerine Fields have said they will have their own toilets/showers etc this year. Weren't they sharing with boutique last year!!

Would be great if they improved those facilities in TF this year alright. They could probably do with two sets of toilets (one at either end) and a good few extra showers.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,465 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Have been posting this in all the festival volunteering groups, just got word they are looking for a few advanced volunteers to work a few days before the festival. Might as well post this here:

' Any festival workers or crew travelling down from Galway city on Tuesday 30th July to the All Together Now Festival site, looking for a seat and will contribute toward fuel and munchies cost. Thanks if you can help. :). '

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭BananaR

Folks,
    Were they strict in terms of re enterring with BYO booze each day last year?

Staying off site so going by ATN rules I'll only be able to bring my own cans in on the first day when I get my wristband.

Maybe I'll buy a super cheap tent just to house my cans....

Friend is in similar situation and suggestion was to use the locker storage on-site to keep booze in. That way you only have to being it once for the weekend.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,584 ✭✭✭c - 13

BananaR wrote: »
    Friend is in similar situation and suggestion was to use the locker storage on-site to keep booze in. That way you only have to being it once for the weekend.

This is what we did, pre-booked giglocker and just took it in on first entry.

On other days when re-entering site it seemed to be hit and miss whether people were stopped bringing in more drink or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭WM18

Looking at the picture that c-13 posted and cross referencing (nerd alert) with the aerial shot of last year that I posted, it actually looks like the main stage is in a different spot. It's much closer to the big tree that was in general camping.

See below, the aerial shot from last year again, with a big ignorant circle as to where I think the main stage is for this year. It'd mean the main arena is expanded quite considerably! Not sure what this means for the general camping now, as that will also have to be expanded. Assume all parking will be the far side of the road now?

Definately moved alright and pointing slightly left from last years position....

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭BananaR

hankless wrote: »
    Is toutless the best bet now for tickets? Need one weekend and/or one campervan...not me, but on the lookout for a friend.

Yes, toutless - also, I got mine through twitter last year on the thurs evening! More demand this year though

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭BangBeater

Think they were pretty strict on this alright. We left on the Sunday last year and were told a few times as we headed out that we wouldn't be getting back in with any sauce.

First night last year at ATN... was up until past sunrise. "We need more cans!" So I headed back out to car where another slab of cans were stored. That was about 8am-ish. Got back in OK with them. Actually, the security that were on at that time were absolutely sound. Ended up cracking open a can and having a bit of a chat and a laugh with them.

Maaaybe they'll tighten up this year after it has become more popular/bigger? 24 cans and is it 1 litre of spirits seems like not enough...

BangBeater wrote: »
    First night last year at ATN... was up until past sunrise. "We need more cans!" So I headed back out to car where another slab of cans were stored. That was about 8am-ish. Got back in OK with them. Actually, the security that were on at that time were absolutely sound. Ended up cracking open a can and having a bit of a chat and a laugh with them.

Maaaybe they'll tighten up this year after it has become more popular/bigger? 24 cans and is it 1 litre of spirits seems like not enough...

There was no way security were going to stand between a chap saucing it past 8 in the am and his extra slab....they probably have special training for just such instances! :) impressive work my friend!

Not to rain on the parade, but unfortunately they have it down as 24 cans OR not and a litre of spirits. They were lax about it last year though, so fingers crossed this year too....otherwise there’ll be a lot of car park based sessions!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,835 ✭✭✭sporina

so how does it work for people driving to and fro (who wanna have a few cans during the day and then refrain for a few hours before havin to drive) - are you not allowed to bring in any beer/booze?

sporina wrote: »
    so how does it work for people driving to and fro (who wanna have a few cans during the day and then refrain for a few hours before havin to drive) - are you not allowed to bring in any beer/booze?

3 options:

1. Cheap tent in the campsite as your beer store
    2. Hire a locker and stash it there.
    3. Bring booze in for the first day and just get it from the bars after that (if you’re only having a couple).

3 options:

1. Cheap tent in the campsite as your beer store
    2. Hire a locker and stash it there.
    3. Bring booze in for the first day and just get it from the bars after that (if you’re only having a couple).

thanks
    era I won't be drinking that much - and i like my beer chilled - think i will just buy it there..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

First (kind of?) stage times.

Friday
    Jayda G
    Moodymann
    Marion Hawkes

Saturday
    Brame and Hamo
    Park hye jin
    Carlton doom

Sunday
    Ben ufo
    Nathan micay
    Cait

AVA takeover the road to nowhere stage

• Registered Users Posts: 1,921 ✭✭✭Wooderson

Eight Degrees was pouring at this last year right? All quiet on the decent ale front in '19...

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭sally cinnamon89

Looking at the EP and ATN lineups side by side my choice to choose ATN has been vindicated. Much better lineup for my music taste and I enjoy the slightly smaller vibes.

I'm not usually one for the electronic music but will be checking out Moodymann on the AVA stage, he is great stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,465 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

I was talking to the lads from Sim Simma Soundsystem, they will be curating the One Love stage again and informed me that a lineup for it will be released soon. :)

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

Wooderson wrote: »
    Eight Degrees was pouring at this last year right? All quiet on the decent ale front in '19...

Oh dear lord I hope you're right. Nothing nicer than a pint of Hurricane IPA in the sun.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,117 ✭✭✭El Director

I was talking to the lads from Sim Simma Soundsystem, they will be curating the One Love stage again and informed me that a lineup for it will be released soon. :)

Awesome :cool: I’ll be found there quite a bit throughout the weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭Coz

BananaR wrote:

Did I read somewhere that one of the beer companies is running their fridge service like Heineken do at EP?

Drop off your branded cans at their fridges, get a receipt and collect as you need. I think that's how it works but from memory they shut up shop about 10:30pm so no access to your cans till the next day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,117 ✭✭✭El Director

any John Grant fans out there? If his gig is anything like the Cork Opera house gig I will be possessed... again!!! Twas absolutely fantastic.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭MattD

There was a bar (at least one maybe more) in the House and Gardens section near the Belonging Bandstand doing pint cups of a unbranded 'All Together Now' IPA and Lager which were very inoffensive (I ended up plumping for the IPA for the rest of the weekend when in the arena).

Still no idea what it was...! Maybe a small brewery that didn't get sponsorship rights or something? But I'll be looking out for it again this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,809 ✭✭✭Toast

PSA: We're seeing a scammer very heavily targetting people looking for ATN tickets on Toutless. We jump through hoops to try find his registrations and stop him before he cons people but he's gotten at least one person already. He's sure to be active elsewhere too.

Be very wary sending money off to people for tickets regardless of the platform (I hear Facebook is really bad at the moment for it too as theres no moderation there at all).

The desperation for tickets is unfortunately like blood in the water for these conmen as they know people will take risks and they're very good at sounding "genuine". This particular lad likes to pretend to be sick or crippled so he can't meet you. He often says he is in Donegal or Kerry as they're hard to get to if you don't live there. He'll likely change up after me calling him out on these patterns but it'll be a similar goal of trying to sound like he wants to meet in person but can't.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,250 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Toast wrote: »
    PSA: We're seeing a scammer very heavily targetting people looking for ATN tickets on Toutless. We jump through hoops to try find his registrations and stop him before he cons people but he's gotten at least one person already. He's sure to be active elsewhere too.

Be very wary sending money off to people for tickets regardless of the platform (I hear Facebook is really bad at the moment for it too as theres no moderation there at all).

The desperation for tickets is unfortunately like blood in the water for these conmen as they know people will take risks and they're very good at sounding "genuine". This particular lad likes to pretend to be sick or crippled so he can't meet you. He often says he is in Donegal or Kerry as they're hard to get to if you don't live there. He'll likely change up after me calling him out on these patterns but it'll be a similar goal of trying to sound like he wants to meet in person but can't.

Any existing reg names? have bought 2 tickets on Toutless over the past 2 days, both seem geniune thou

• Registered Users Posts: 2,809 ✭✭✭Toast

Any existing reg names? have bought 2 tickets on Toutless over the past 2 days, both seem geniune thou

I email anyone who is in contact with a user we identify as a scammer and we ban them as well which changes their rank to banned and gives them a purple username. Banned list is here: https://www.toutless.com/memberlist.php?g=10&mode=group&start=3075. Last 4 people are him (not giving out usernames here as it is possible he's using boards to harvest usernames to use and I dont want confusion between users here and on Toutless.)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,434 ✭✭✭showpony1

Always make sure to get phone number off them and save it in your phone - usually then you can see their WhatsApp profile pic, and things like their snapchat ID should come up in your suggested contacts with a similar name to what they are saying etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,148 ✭✭✭amadangomor

Would be delighted if they are there again, good brewers.

What's the strategy for bringing craft beers in? Anyone know of any 500 ml cans of craft?

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭jmauel

Toast wrote: »

There is similiarly a lot of scammers on Done deal purporting to sell tickets. I came across many in the last few weeks. Two accounts were definitely the same person (misspelled the same word in our interactions, and same mo ) . Everyone should be cautious

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,197 ✭✭✭maximoose

Gougers out in force too... ad went up on adverts not long ago looking €680 for two tix ffs

Reporting them is a nice pastime

Advertisement