Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Antifa [Mod Warning on post #1 - updated 08/08/19]

Options

Comments

Imreoir2 wrote:
    Supporting antifa, however, does not equate to supporting right wing terrorists.

Ok. Nobody said it did...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

20Cent wrote: »
    The US president posting blatantly racist tweets.

Antifa are far away from being a problem.

You seem to think it's a competition, it's not. Your posts are classic whataboutism.

The thread is about Antifa and this week one of their scumbag members attacked ICE facilities armed with a gun and explosives, leaving behind him a call for others to do the same. Which many have now suggested they will, and you have the gall to say they are "far away from being a problem".

There's a lot of attempted deflection being posted on this thread, I wish people would stop falling for it (myself included) as that's all it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭Imreoir2

Ok. Nobody said it did...

There is often an atempt at false equlivance that antifa are as bad as the right wing extremists they target.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,465 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

Imreoir2 wrote: »
    Supporting antifa, however, does not equate to supporting right wing terrorists.

Not far off it though, difference between supporting Liverpool or Arsenal.

Same game. Same type of players, just different colours.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭Sweetemotion

Missiles, weapons cache.
    A lad getting a box.

The exact same.

All this, it's just a slap or a box from you seems like you are trying to justify yourself from giving a slap and a box to someone. Maybe a wife or girlfriend, I don't know but it just gets creppier every time you try to defend it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 949 ✭✭✭Woodsie1

All this, it's just a slap or a box from you seems like you are trying to justify yourself from giving a slap and a box to someone. Maybe a wife or girlfriend, I don't know but it just gets creppier every time you try to defend it.

Dont you need to actually have a wife or girlfriend in order to slap them?
    These lads seem frustrated,the love of a good woman might cool their jets a bit!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭Imreoir2

Just like what you have to say can't help but look like defending the neo-nazi getting the slap, almost like you are worried about attracting one yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭Sweetemotion

Woodsie1 wrote: »
    Dont you need to actually have a wife or girlfriend in order to slap them?
    These lads seem frustrated,the love of a good woman might cool their jets a bit!!

It could be his boyfriend beating him. Something isn't right.

It could be his boyfriend beating him. Something isn't right.

Doubt hes got anyone,too bitter,twisted and angry at the world,like they've been hard done by or something.Seems a common trait among these sort.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,934 ✭✭✭20Cent

Ignore points made and attack the poster a typical alt right tactic, and they say they are against identity politics.

• Advertisement

20Cent wrote:
    Ignore points made and attack the poster a typical alt right tactic, and they say they are against identity politics.

I think you will find that the "points" you made have been addressed. I can't speak for people who are attacking you but it's good for you that they did, as now you are able to concentrate on that and deflect from valid points.

You made no points,now you are crying:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 840 ✭✭✭The Late Late Show

JohnMc1 wrote: »
    Daniel Craig is still James Bond. The Black Woman is the new 007.

This desire to try and reinvent every franchise and deliberately try and turn characters into the opposite gender is stupid. I no more want James Bond to be a woman than I would want Offred/June, Serena Joy or Aunt Lydia from The Handmaid's Tale to be men. Leave the creations of great writers alone and do not tamper with them. Jamie Bond or The Handman's Tale? No thank you. I'll stick with James Bond, The Handmaid's Tale, and every other franchise just as they are intended by their creators.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Cut out the sniping and bickering. Attack the post, not the poster.

dudara

The president of the USA is acting like an alt right s1tposter at the moment.

The far right aren't a problem?

LvlcA06.jpg

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,315 ✭✭✭mynamejeff

which is exactly what you have been doing in this thread all along ,

but you know that dont you :):)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,424 ✭✭✭notobtuse

LvlcA06.jpg
    Such faux outrage. Trump called out Congresswoman Ilhan Omar in a tweet, the Somali-born left-wing member of Congress who feels her new country is a hellhole. Omar's assimilation into America is the assimilation of identity politics and grievance, and her default is to blame America first. Trump urged her to return to her native country and fix it before presuming to tell us what to do. I believe many Americans agree with what Trump thinks in this matter. And let’s face it, Omar proved Trump’s point when she still refuses to say she does not support Al Qaeda. She is a radical anti-Semitic ingrate. Omar’s approval ratings are in the toilet at 9% and I’m surprised they’re even that high. Trump Derangement Syndrome rots the brain!

You can ignorantly accuse me of "whataboutism," but what it really is involves identifying similar scenarios in order to see if it holds up when the shoe is on the other foot!

Is there a website somewhere that informs right wingers how to respond to the latest trump diatribes and racist hissy fits?

You'd swear there was.

Is there a website somewhere that informs right wingers how to respond to the latest trump diatribes and racist hissy fits?

You'd swear there was.
    Common sense has its own website?

You can ignorantly accuse me of "whataboutism," but what it really is involves identifying similar scenarios in order to see if it holds up when the shoe is on the other foot!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 840 ✭✭✭The Late Late Show

LvlcA06.jpg

May the lord open, Nidgie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Advertisement

notobtuse wrote: »
    Common sense has its own website?

No it's just amazing how many incorrect assumptions and downright lies that can be fit into a paragraph. Takes real skill.

No it's just amazing how many incorrect assumptions and downright lies that can be fit into a paragraph. Takes real skill.
    What incorrect assumptions and downright lies do you speak of?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,307 ✭✭✭✭alastair

Such faux outrage. Trump called out Congresswoman Ilhan Omar in a tweet, the Somali-born left-wing member of Congress who feels her new country is a hellhole. Omar's assimilation into America is the assimilation of identity politics and grievance, and her default is to blame America first. Trump urged her to return to her native country and fix it before presuming to tell us what to do. I believe many Americans agree with what Trump thinks in this matter. And let’s face it, Omar promved Trump’s point when she still refuses to say she does not support Al Qaeda. She is a radical anti-Semitic ingrate. Omar’s approval ratings are in the toilet at 9% and I’m surprised they’re even that high. Trump Derangement Syndrome rots the brain!

Such guff. He called out four women of colour and said they should go back to where they came from and not speak out on the governance of the US. Three were born in the US, and all are elected to govern by the US electorate. They are US citizens, mandated by other US citizens, and Trump’s fabrication of inane ISIS or al Qaeda support claims on behalf of Ilhan Omar just doubles down on the racist stupidity. That you’d defend such racist idiocy is remarkable.

Worth pointing out also that the entire Trump presidential campaign was based on the premise that the USA was less than great in it’s current guise. MAGA how are you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

Omar’s approval ratings are in the toilet at 9% and I’m surprised they’re even that high. Trump Derangement Syndrome rots the brain!

Just on that, that was from a deeply criticised Democrat group poll taken from just over a thousand non college educated white males in swing states and not from her own constituents. But I presume you knew that...

I'm sure her approval ratings took a bash after the accusations of anti-semitism but I seriously doubt they would be as low as 9%
    An anonymous Democratic group leaked an internal poll to Axios on Sunday that shows white non-college-educated "swing voters" deeply dislike prominent progressive lawmakers, exacerbating a public rift within the Democratic party.

The poll found that Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez had a 22% approval rating and Rep. Ilhan Omar of Minnesota had a 9% approval rating among 1,003 "likely general-election voters who are white and have two years or less of college education" and knew of the two outspoken lawmakers. A whopping 74% of these voters had heard of Ocasio-Cortez, while 53% had heard of Omar.

"If all voters hear about is AOC, it could put the [House] majority at risk," a Democrat involved in the 2020 congressional races told Axios. "She's getting all the news and defining everyone else's races."

The survey looked at a slice of the voting public that is disinclined to approve of the left. Some progressive pollsters and others argued that the poll results were taken out of context and pointed to other polls that show more moderate Democrats like Joe Biden also have relatively low approval ratings among white non-college-educated voters as well.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/newreply.php?do=newreply&p=110705268

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,315 ✭✭✭mynamejeff

LvlcA06.jpg

ICE are responsible for enforcing immigration laws in america and for removing people who entered the country illegally. .ie sending them back where they come from .

We have INIS and Gardai who do the same job here or are you against that too

or are you just going to ignore that point too ?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,047 ✭✭✭Odhinn

What incorrect assumptions and downright lies do you speak of?

You have a source for this?
    Congresswoman Ilhan Omar in a tweet, the Somali-born left-wing member of Congress who feels her new country is a hellhole

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Stop moaning ffs

Can I get an explainer please?
    These lads are sayin they’re anti fascists, but they’re going around beating people and journalists up and shooting them,
    So they’re.....militant anti fascists? Or actually fascists themselves?

Do i have that right?
    What’s the end game with them?

Scene from a Will Ferrall movie.
    Satire seems to have come true.

Can I get an explainer please?
    These lads are sayin they’re anti fascists, but they’re going around beating people and journalists up and shooting them,
    So they’re.....militant anti fascists? Or actually fascists themselves?

Do i have that right?
    What’s the end game with them?

None of that is right.

• Advertisement

Just on that, that was from a deeply criticised Democrat group poll taken from just over a thousand non college educated white males in swing states and not from her own constituents. But I presume you knew that...

I'm sure her approval ratings took a bash after the accusations of anti-semitism but I seriously doubt they would be as low as 9%

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/newreply.php?do=newreply&p=110705268
    Obviously not a downright lie then, correct? And who 'deeply criticized' the Democrat group that put out the poll? Aliens?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement