Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RAW Superthread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭lawlolawl

They've seen what HHH has down with NXT. They've seen how fans absolutely love it. Would it not make more sense to give him the reigns 100% on at least one show rather than going back to the same guys that have been running things on and off for nearly 40 years now?

HHH already has a lot of say on the main show.

It's not going to make that much of a difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,725 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

What on earth was with that ending?

Because you have to lose the go home so you can win at the ppv

Creating a story

/s

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

Because you have to lose the go home so you can win at the ppv

Creating a story

/s

Yes, but what has the revealing of a masked garbage man to be Cedric Alexander to do with making anyone want to watch that show on Sunday? Also Cedric was delighted that he just lost a match.

It's straight out of the worst of TNA.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,118 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Bayley: "Sarah Logan, she spreads chaos to gain victories."

1. Real people don't talk like this.

2. Has Sarah Logan ever gained a victory in a singles match?

• Registered Users Posts: 37,962 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Is corbin banging Lacey ?? Ha

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,869 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Has Sarah Logan been on the Dana Brooke regime? Seems smaller, somehow

Btw Drake Maverick done well for himself

• Registered Users Posts: 1,847 ✭✭✭764dak

Yes, but what has the revealing of a masked garbage man to be Cedric Alexander to do with making anyone want to watch that show on Sunday? Also Cedric was delighted that he just lost a match.

It's straight out of the worst of TNA.

Maybe saving a janitor from getting destroyed made him happy.

Think biggest shock on Raw: $15 for a beer?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,741 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

CastorTroy wrote: »

That seems to be the normal price for beer at a US event. Barclay and MGS charge similar prices, Met Life charge similar but they did have a $6 value beer when we went to Wrestlemania.

• Advertisement

CastorTroy wrote: »

jesus would work out at €13.33 for a beer

€6.50 is bad enough for one at the 3arena ha

Big Bob Lashley turning up and destroying Rey in 3 minutes (after Rey had to vacate a title because he wasn't going to wrestle for 3 weeks, you know, like most people in the mid-card who completely cease to exist for weeks at a time) after being literally OMG ambulance murdered last week by Braun is a prime example of why WWE booking is so stupid now.

They just wants moments for social media. None of it has to make sense or have any kind of consistency. They went of their big stunt with pryo and everything and then just "noped" out of it and acted like it didn't happen and went back to Shane doing stuff being most of the show.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭Autecher

Next Monday's Raw is being promoted as Raw Reunion Special. Advertised to appear so far are Eric Bischoff, Steve Austin, Hulk Hogan, Ric Flair, Christian, Kurt Angle, Shawn Michaels, Scott Hall, Kevin Nash, The Boogeyman, Shane Helms, Ted DiBiase Sr., Jimmy Hart, D-Von Dudley, Jerry Lawler, Sgt. Slaughter and Santino Marella.

It's an obvious attempt at a ratings grab but next Tuesday I will do something I haven't done in months, go on YouTube and watch a video from Raw, specifically the Stone Cold one.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Autecher wrote: »
    Next Monday's Raw is being promoted as Raw Reunion Special. Advertised to appear so far are Eric Bischoff, Steve Austin, Hulk Hogan, Ric Flair, Christian, Kurt Angle, Shawn Michaels, Scott Hall, Kevin Nash, The Boogeyman, Shane Helms, Ted DiBiase Sr., Jimmy Hart, D-Von Dudley, Jerry Lawler, Sgt. Slaughter and Santino Marella.

It's an obvious attempt at a ratings grab but next Tuesday I will do something I haven't done in months, go on YouTube and watch a video from Raw, specifically the Stone Cold one.

No doubt they'll have Austin put KO over in some way, maybe a stunner or two from both of them

The entire thing will be the auld lads burying the current roster whilst Vince sits wondering why no one is over at the moment.

Maybe there will be a rare appearance by the elusive Brock Lesnar!

I wonder will Ron Simmons say Damn?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,635 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

Does anyone actually want to see all these lads appearing on Raw in 2019?

Was hoping with Bischoff and Heyman coming in things would be freshened up a bit, but instead WWE are wheeling out the Boogeyman, Slaughter and Dibiase in the same week that NJPW are offering Okada vs KENTA and Ishii vs Naito amongst others in the G1. Just wish WWE would look to the future for once instead of constantly looking to the past.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Was hoping with Bischoff and Heyman coming in things would be freshened up a bit,Just wish WWE would look to the future for once instead of constantly looking to the past.

See the problem is, Yes people still still want to see the old guys, me personally, i look forward to seeing Austin, unlike the others, its a rare appearance and he still looks good, he still gets the biggest reactions, nobody on the current roster in the 16 or 17 months since Raw 25 has got a reaction like Austin got that night and nobody after next weeks Raw will get a reaction like he will get.

Bischoff and Heyman still answer to Vince, things can only be freshened up on his say so.

As for wwe looking to the future, due to their senseless booking, apart from Rollins, Styles and Reigns, they have booked everybody below them into the depths mediocrity, nobody cares, why should i care about Balor and Joe (who are not exactly young) Owens, Zayn, or The Miz, wwe have given me no reason to

If Sasha doesn't show up tonight I reckon she is legit gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

I'd love to see them bring back the Old School Raw's.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 85,462 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Was hoping with Bischoff and Heyman coming in things would be freshened up a bit, but instead WWE are wheeling out the Boogeyman, Slaughter and Dibiase in the same week that NJPW are offering Okada vs KENTA and Ishii vs Naito amongst others in the G1. Just wish WWE would look to the future for once instead of constantly looking to the past.

Hell yes for Christian

• Registered Users Posts: 2,635 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

I get the nostalgia trip part of it and fair enough if that's what people want to see. Just think it's slightly strange timing to wheel out the old timers for a Raw at what's supposedly the beginning of Heyman and Bischoff coming in to shake things up.

The last show of this type I remember watching wasn't great, when Taker did the promo from the Manhattan Centre, would rather see them focus Raw on the current roster than legends and Shane McMahon.

Bischoff, Austin and Christian are about all I want to see. For Bischoff, it's more to see if there's any mention of his new role. I hope most of the guys are just in a backstage bit involving the 24/7 title.

Two big matches set for Raw...
    Natalya vs Naomi vs Alexa vs Carmella in a fatal four way to determine Becky's Summerslam opponent.

Rollins, Reigns, Corbin, Cesaro, Braun, Bobby, Rey, Bryan, Orton and Big E in a battle royal to determine Brock's Summerslam opponent.

What brand split?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

J. Marston wrote: »
    Natalya vs Naomi vs Alexa vs Carmella in a fatal four way to determine Becky's Summerslam opponent.

Rollins, Reigns, Corbin, Cesaro, Braun, Bobby, Rey, Bryan, Orton and Big E in a battle royal to determine Brock's Summerslam opponent.
    Alexa doesn’t deserve a title match after losing 2 matches against Bailey recently

Also to hell with the brand split and that
    battle royal lineup is just bland

• Registered Users Posts: 21,367 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

My preferences would be
    Alexa to face Becky. Let’s be honest, none of the others are remotely interesting at this point or could carry a decent feud for an A-level PPV. Bliss is the only one of those that could make me care about a title match, because Becky’s shtick is getting a bit stale for me now.

As for the men, Big E is definitely the one I’d like the most out of that bunch, but it’s simply not going to happen with Kofi still holding the other world title. Strowman has already faced Lesnar enough and they’ll never fully commit to him it seems, so it’s going to be Reigns or Rollins whether anyone likes it or not. I’d love to see Bryan face him again, their match at Survivor Series was top class, but even Mysterio would be interesting, he’s always worked well with the big men. The rest of them shouldn’t even be in with a shout IMO.

I wouldn't consider the first one a "big match".

Pretty much everyone in that 2nd match are coming off losses.

No continuity.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

I wouldn't consider the first one a "big match".

Me neither too many vanilla midgets in it brother.

• Advertisement

Loughc wrote: »
    Me neither too many vanilla midgets in it brother.

I might wait and watch it on Botchamania next week.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement