Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RAW Superthread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

lawlolawl wrote: »
    It's because Private Party have a mildly similar act and they had a great match at Fyter Fest.

Second time you've said that, second time it's been untrue. It was on a pre-show of a show that's basically a B show for a new company. Barely anyone knows who or what Private Party are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭lawlolawl

Omackeral wrote: »
    Second time you've said that, second time it's been untrue. It was on a pre-show of a show that's basically a B show for a new company. Barely anyone knows who or what Private Party are.

Give me one logical reason as to why Street Profits were on Raw.

Give me one logical reason as to why Street Profits were on Raw.

Same reason Gargano and Ciampa were. Even if I can't, it doesn't prove your very specific theory correct in the slightest.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,633 ✭✭✭✭briany

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Corey saying "holy sh!t", Maria calling Mike her "b!tch", the pregnancy thing. It is like they're trying to be edgier for whatever reason. Is it because of Heyman, a reaction to AEW or just trying something new/old?

It'd be some indictment of the way RAW's been written for the last 10 or so years if Heyman suggested that Graves say, "Holy ****" in order to give the product a bit of edge.

Not that it would necessarily be an indictment of the writers, because a good number of them could have been wrestling fans who constantly pitched good stuff, but it just never got OK'd. It would be more an indictment of the whole creative machine, led by Vince.

I never understood why it was thought that a team of writers were needed, anyway. It was such a deviation from the way WWE had always written their television before, and that was proven to work, i.e. a small booking committee of 1-3 people like Vince & Pat, Vince & Vince, Vince & Cornette & Prichard, Vince & Heyman circa 200x, Vince & Brian Gerwitz. A small creative nucleus has always been more efficient where it consists of people who Vince would actually trust and respect the opinion of, because I'd be very surprised if he truly respected the opinion of all those TV writers he hired in the last decade. I'd say it's far more likely that he regards them as disposable sources of ideas.

Maybe McMahon would say, "We have more talent, now, so we need more writers." The gas thing about that being that Russo & Ferrara used to be able to have something for each guy on the show every week, to have them in a meaningful storyline, while Vince and a team of anonymous TV writers couldn't or didn't want to come up with anything for anyone outside of the main event.

If nothing else, you would hope that Vince and Heyman working together would represent a pivot back toward how a wrestling show has traditionally been (and imo should be) written. Sack all those just-out-of-college, failed-soap-opera-writer yes-men, or confine them strictly to Total Divas and all of the WWE's other ancillary programming.

The problem with all that is that traditional wrestling booking/story writing isn't what got them their billion of dollars worth of TV deals.

Will the new networks want something other than TV-PG, low-cost primetime filler?

Will guys who were last successful in the early 2000s be able to write stuff that will connect with a present day audience?

The odd swear word and bizarre cuckolding story-line probably isn't going to get it done when you still have the same tepid WWE style matches with the same handful of guys making up most of the programming.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,633 ✭✭✭✭briany

The problem with all that is that traditional wrestling booking/story writing isn't what got them their billion of dollars worth of TV deals.

Will the new networks want something other than TV-PG, low-cost primetime filler?

Will guys who were last successful in the early 2000s be able to write stuff that will connect with a present day audience?

The odd swear word and bizarre cuckolding story-line probably isn't going to get it done when you still have the same tepid WWE style matches with the same handful of guys making up most of the programming.

What the WWE have been doing recently may cause them to lose those TV deals as well. Especially now that there is some sort of viable competition on the horizon to do business with.

If the WWE can deliver increasing ratings for their networks, that's really the bottom line.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,849 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Seth and Becky teaming up tonight against Andrade and Zelina (not Charlotte)

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Seth and Becky teaming up tonight

I'll pass.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,849 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Joey Tribbiani was right no chemistry on stage if together off stage :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭Sirsok

Gonna try stay up to watch it, Andre v Rollins piqued my interest! And they are opening so thats sweet

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,148 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

That was a fun opening match.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,952 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Looking at the matches for Extreme Rules, unless something changes on Raw or Smackdown, out of the 8 planned matches only 1 is in any way extreme

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭Sirsok

Andrade can do no wrong.

His match with Gargano up there with one of the best matches ive ever seen

• Registered Users Posts: 8,815 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

Good opening match. Always nice to see Andrade get air time to impress.

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Looking at the matches for Extreme Rules, unless something changes on Raw or Smackdown, out of the 8 planned matches only 1 is in any way extreme

I thought this PPV was at least a couple of weeks away due to zero build but it is apparently this weekend.

So, it'll just be a bunch of rematches from this weeks Raw and Smackdown and someone will take a chair-shot and/or go through a table?

Gripping stuff.

I thought this PPV was at least a couple of weeks away due to zero build but it is apparently this weekend.

So, it'll just be a bunch of rematches from this weeks Raw and Smackdown and someone will take a chair-shot and/or go through a table?

Gripping stuff.

Hopefully it's a chair to the back of the head,right?

Lads, they're honestly calling Rey Mysterio The Greatest Mask in WWE History. That's a nickname they are going with. It was said multiple times. My lord that's bad.

Drake Maverick's wife is smoking hot. Check her out.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,796 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Gripping stuff.

It’s got you gripped.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,188 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Lads, they're honestly calling Rey Mysterio The Greatest Mask in WWE History. That's a nickname they are going with. It was said multiple times. My lord that's bad.

You're right. It is bad.
    It is kinda funny the way every single wrestler in WWE has to have these nicknames.
    Like yeah yeah, i get it, they put that crap on new tshirts. Rinse and repeat. But a name like "the greatest mask" ? seriously... :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

He had a G.M.O.A.T. t-shirt for a while, maybe just before he resigned he started using the name. Stands for greatest mask of all time & is a really bad nickname

https://customtees.wwe.com/products/rey-mysterio-g-m-o-a-t-unisex-t-shirt

• Advertisement

Sad reflection on Raw that Drake's wife was the highlight of the show. Sign her up, Vince.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Drake giving every short bloke a sign of hope getting Renee

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Sirsok wrote: »
    Andrade can do no wrong.

His match with Gargano up there with one of the best matches ive ever seen

2nd favourite match of all time really hope they let andrade go far as he has star written all over him

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

Heyman's run of hope is over after one week. That was WCW 2000 levels of bad. Actually, it was far worse.

Time to give Russo a job.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

The only thing more unintelligent than having Lashley (and Braun) come back so quick was squashing Rey Mysterio like they did. Its easily the worst he's been used since WCW. Thankfully Vince hasn't had the 'let's take everyone's mask off' epiphany yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

They've seen what HHH has down with NXT. They've seen how fans absolutely love it. Would it not make more sense to give him the reigns 100% on at least one show rather than going back to the same guys that have been running things on and off for nearly 40 years now?

Becky ate that one...

mz1lcze3d6931.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

What on earth was with that ending? Roman, the babyface who earlier on said that he was playing mind games, still lost with a real professional wrestler as his partner in less than 3 minutes.

I mean Jesus, it made no sense whatsoever. And zero reaction from the "crowd".

How can anyone defend this?

Also. Why was Becky standing on the ring after she beat Selina? They said that women couldn't wrestle the men, so what was she waiting for?

GAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Is she? She looks very greasy to me. And i hate those fake contacts

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,952 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Also. Why was Becky standing on the ring after she beat Selina? They said that women couldn't wrestle the men, so what was she waiting for?

I was wondering that as well. What's the sense in a tag team elimination match if eliminating 1 person renders the person of the same gender obsolete on the other team.
    Meant to say last week, how did Becky and Seth win by Becky making Mike tap? She wasn't the legal man.

So my understanding of this Bayley/Nikki thing is that Nikki is the face and Bayley is the heel. Dana hiding outside the ring and joking with Bayley is a very heelish move.

Surprised the 24/7 thing happened during the Raiders match and not Cesaro's, though what was the deal with Truth in there?
    And if they're trying to avoid losing their title, why does the 24/7 champion go to Raw and Smackdown? Going by Renee's reaction/Drake's announcement, he didn't have to be there.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement