Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gemma not taking enforced retirement too well

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,438 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

You can engage in all the mental gymnastics and semantic bullsh1t you like.

The number of Foreign Born people in Ireland is over 17%
    The fact that tens of thousands have been granted Irish nationality is neither here nor there. They're still foreign.

Like I said earlier. The fact that you guys lie makes you look extremely dishonest.
    Anyone with a pair of eyes can see whats happening.

I've a daughter currently in Canada, if she was to have a baby with her irish boyfriend tomorrow and then return to ireland then that baby would be considerds a "foreign born person" and be part of those statistics.

You use the term "foreign born" to imply that they are all from parents of illegal immigrants, You're something else to be using the term "mental gymnastics and semantic bullsh1t " when you're engaging in exactly that yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,965 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Kimsang wrote: »
    Why is that relevant? Not being cheeky, serious question. I've never been worried about chemtrailists before.

It seems most people agree with her for her views on immigration.
    I'm happy there are people out there like Gemma having a different opinion to the rest of us, it allows us to sharpen our arguments.

Lets say we made it illegal to talk about the things Gemma talks about.. what happens then?

From a human rights perspective what happens then is that certain peoole and groups will have their human rights to safety and to be free from discrimination vindicated because she wont be spewing her racist homophobic transohobic islamophobic bigoted hate speech.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 4,491 ✭✭✭jackboy

From a human rights perspective what happens then is that certain peoole and groups will have their human rights to safety and to be free from discrimination vindicated because she wont be spewing her racist homophobic transohobic islamophobic bigoted hate speech.

No, in a society without free speech other rights would quickly fall. It is the road to totalitarianism.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 136 ✭✭FartyBlartFast

In any case my issue is with immigration in general
    So I'm against Ireland's demographics changing to a degree where any group outnumbers the native Irish.
    Buddy, that ship sailed centuries ago! I can good as guarantee that you, I, nor anyone else in this thread, are 100% purely descended from the original inhabitants of this island.

However, anyone born in Ireland is a native of the country. This includes someone whose family has been here for one generation, and someone whose family has been here for 100 generations.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 536 ✭✭✭Harvey Weinstein

Buddy, that ship sailed centuries ago! I can good as guarantee that you, I, nor anyone else in this thread, are 100% purely descended from the original inhabitants of this island.

However, anyone born in Ireland is a native of the country. This includes someone whose family has been here for one generation, and someone whose family has been here for 100 generations.

Then there is no such thing as a country or nation, just geographical regions.

Also tell that to white south Africans.

• Advertisement

Then there is no such thing as a country or nation, just geographical regions.

Also tell that to white south Africans.
    I can't help but notice that you didn't address the point, though. You are not a pure descendant of the original inhabitants of Ireland. Neither am I. Neither are any posters on this thread.

Check your genealogy, and you will find you are a mish mash of many different places, which I can also good as guarantee.

Following your "Irish replacement" theory through to its natural conclusion, these people cannot replace the original inhabitants of Ireland... Because ours already did it for them, with you and I, and just about anyone living in Ireland being the "replacements". And that is a big reason why the identity of nations are always changing and evolving.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Stop moaning ffs

jackboy wrote: »
    No, in a society without free speech other rights would quickly fall. It is the road to totalitarianism.

Being able to shout n****r at people isn’t what free speech is about.

That’s hate speech.

Keep up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 536 ✭✭✭Harvey Weinstein

I can't help but notice that you didn't address the point, though. You are not a pure descendant of the original inhabitants of Ireland. Neither am I. Neither are any posters on this thread.

Check your genealogy, and you will find you are a mish mash of many different places, which I can also good as guarantee.

Following your "Irish replacement" theory through to its natural conclusion, these people cannot replace the original inhabitants of Ireland... Because ours already did it for them, with you and I, and just about anyone living in Ireland being the "replacements". And that is a big reason why the identity of nations are always changing and evolving.

As it happens I am a descendent of people who inhabited this Island several thousands of years ago. Got the DNA to prove it.

In any case your argument is complete horsesh1t and if you don't think so then I urge you to repeat the same to a Chinese person, Japanese, Austro Aboriginal, Native American etc
    See how you get on there.

As it happens I am a descendent of people who inhabited this Island several thousands of years ago. Got the DNA to prove it.

In any case your argument is complete horsesh1t and if you don't think so then I urge you to repeat the same to a Chinese person, Japanese, Austro Aboriginal, Native American etc

Our entire species originated in Africa.

That must really boil your piss.

Being able to shout n****r at people isn’t what free speech is about.

That’s hate speech.

Keep up.

Who shouted that at who?

• Advertisement

Who shouted that at who?

You want to be able to obviously

You want to be able to obviously

Aggression and personal insults to strangers. Don’t worry, as I believe in free speech knock yourself out.

I never said you shared zero DNA with the original inhabitants, because many do. However you are not 100% descended from those so yes you (and those who came before you) are their replacements. You (and as good as all of us) are a product of the very thing you are complaining about.

The same is true for all of those you mentioned above also.

Aggression and personal insults to strangers. Don’t worry, as I believe in free speech knock yourself out.

What's your definition of free speech and how is it being curtailed?

Hate speech is not the same as free speech. You don’t seem to understand that.
    I can say your mother did a fvkin piss poor job of raising you and you’re probably inbred.
    That’s free speech.
    I can’t and wouldn’t say your mother is a fvkin knacker and she should have been hung upon giving birth to you.

That’s hate speech.

Big difference.

What's your definition of free speech and how is it being curtailed?

I never said it was curtailed. I was answering a post which described some of the benefits of curtailing free speech. I was just giving my opinions on the dangers of restricting free speech.

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭JaCrispy

Place is crawling with Nazis

E- in History and English. Pathetic.

I never said it was curtailed. I was answering a post which described some of the benefits of curtailing free speech. I was just giving my opinions on the dangers of restricting free speech.

Free speech isn't being restricted though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,496 ✭✭✭irishgrover

Hate speech is not the same as free speech. You don’t seem to understand that. I can say your mother did a fvkin piss poor job of raising you and you’re probably inbred. That’s free speech. I can’t and wouldn’t say your mother is a fvkin knacker and she should have been hung upon giving birth to you.

That’s hate speech.

Big difference.

If that's the way you go around talking to people it's probably your mother who needed the parenting skills !!!!

Hate speech is not the same as free speech. You don’t seem to understand that.
    I can say your mother did a fvkin piss poor job of raising you and you’re probably inbred.
    That’s free speech.
    I can’t and wouldn’t say your mother is a fvkin knacker and she should have been hung upon giving birth to you.

That’s hate speech.

Big difference.

I know the difference between free speech and hate speech. Your just insulting me again claiming things with no evidence.

• Advertisement

If that's the way you go around talking to people it's probably your mother who needed the parenting skills !!!!

But I was using free speech. Which you so ardently defend

You’re contradicting yourself now

Free speech isn't being restricted though.

Yeah, I know. Never said it was.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,858 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

I know the difference between free speech and hate speech. Your just insulting me again claiming things with no evidence.

Its 'you're'. I have zero tolerance for these things, especially from you.

Ample evidence your ma did a piss poor job of raising you.
    Your post history and relentless bigotry is right there.

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭BofaDeezNuhtz

Larbre34 wrote: »

It's...:D

Larbre34 wrote: »

No problem.

Ample evidence your ma did a piss poor job of raising you.
    Your post history and relentless bigotry is right there.

More aggression and personal insults.

It was neither.

Or was it free speech? :confused:

• Advertisement

Or was it free speech? :confused: