Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is Chris and Ciara's career finished ?

Options
  • 23-06-2019 10:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

Chris and Ciara were going to be the next big thing but they were completely overlooked for promotion during the recent 2fm revamp, they no longer even get cover work on weekdays so they remain stuck on a tinpot weekend slot giving away usb sticks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭its_steve116

Maybe they don't want a bigger gig and are happy where they are?

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭Seanieke

Who???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,168 ✭✭✭Ursus Horribilis

I'm sure they're earning tons more on 2FM than they were in iRadio. They'll be grand.

• Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭Duggie2012

does anyone even care?

They would be my favourite presenters on 2fm along with Jenny Green.

Maybe Im getting old but most of the people on during the week at day time aren't that good. Unfortunately I have to listen to them at work.

• Advertisement

Maybe they don't want a bigger gig and are happy where they are?

Can you live on a 2FM weekend gig?..Well I have seen Ciara on the six o clock show a few times,so that helps...

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,805 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

And Chris does the Eir ads.

Heard a bit of them a few weeks ago for the first time in 18 months, it's still the most boring show on radio, thought the night show was brilliant and it stood out, the weekend show sounds identical to 90 percent of shows currently on radio.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Keyzer

Seanieke wrote: »
    Who???

Exactly...

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭gamecube

And Chris does the Eir ads.

Heard a bit of them a few weeks ago for the first time in 18 months, it's still the most boring show on radio, thought the night show was brilliant and it stood out, the weekend show sounds identical to 90 percent of shows currently on radio.

The night time show was 2 hours of magic every Monday to Thursday 10pm-12am

They must be pissed off that they were looked over for promotion by Dan Healy but listening to their show last weekend they really don't deserve a weekday slot on 2fm, the weekend show is quite dull.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,426 ✭✭✭ford fiesta

weekends 11 am to 1 pm was in the past at least, never a tinpot slot on 2FM

• Advertisement

weekends 11 am to 1 pm was in the past at least, never a tinpot slot on 2FM

I am sure that tinpot slot or not that 2fm money is 10 times better than iRadio money!

Fat Sean wrote: »
    Chris and Ciara were going to be the next big thing but they were completely overlooked for promotion during the recent 2fm revamp, they no longer even get cover work on weekdays so they remain stuck on a tinpot weekend slot giving away usb sticks.

The strange thing is they were talked about a lot when they were on at nights getting 9,000 listeners and now they are getting about 100k listeners at the weekend & nobody is talking about them!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,867 ✭✭✭JDxtra

Always found them very annoying to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,712 ✭✭✭zoobizoo

JDxtra wrote: »
    Always found them very annoying to be honest.

I dislike listening to them because they don't come across as authentic - same as a lot of radio duos....

I say this..
    You say that...
    I say I'm right....
    You say I'm wrong....

• Registered Users Posts: 707 ✭✭✭Breaston Plants

Yer man: " And this beautiful woman beside me is Ciara"
    Yer Wan: " Haaaaaalllllllooooo"

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,143 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

gamecube wrote: »
    The strange thing is they were talked about a lot when they were on at nights getting 9,000 listeners and now they are getting about 100k listeners at the weekend & nobody is talking about them!

I listen to the radio a lot during the week but barely at all on the weekend, which I'd say is the same for most people.

When they were on at night I'd listen to them when I was coming back from the gym, so was listening in 3 times a week. Think I've heard them maybe twice since they moved to the weekend.

I hope they're not finished as I think they're better than most other 2FM presenters and used to much prefer when they filled in for McDermott on the evening show.

• Registered Users Posts: 49 fmfan

I did like Chris on Iradio although I thought he sounded better with Mary McGill. Such a shame they didn't get to stay on night-time radio.

Was it 2013 or 2014 Chris & Ciara started on 2fm?

Anyhow to be on nights & weekends for that length of time without getting a shot at weekdays does not look good for them.

Dan Healy would have slotted them into the weekday schedule by now if he really wanted too.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,805 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

fmfan wrote: »
    I did like Chris on Iradio although I thought he sounded better with Mary McGill.

God I remember that, Chris was very raw and rough around the edges, I remember it finished every night with this ode to night thing that had the line 'maybe you're a serial killer about to break into someone's house and have some fun' that remarkably lasted months before it was edited out.

Mary was good when she was Chris' sidekick, but when she took it over she was like a child that had too many sweets 'LISTEN TO US, HOW RANDOM ARE WE' painful stuff, have barely heard them in nearly two years, must go back and listen old night podcasts and remind myself of how good they used to be before the show became painfully dull.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,191 ✭✭✭CardBordWindow

Yer man: " And this beautiful woman beside me is Ciara"
    Yer Wan: " Haaaaaalllllllooooo"
    That drives me crazy! When I hear that I change station.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 47 ShlugEireann

Chris's voice is so annoying. He speaks like a robot.

God I remember that, Chris was very raw and rough around the edges, I remember it finished every night with this ode to night thing that had the line 'maybe you're a serial killer about to break into someone's house and have some fun' that remarkably lasted months before it was edited out.

Mary was good when she was Chris' sidekick, but when she took it over she was like a child that had too many sweets 'LISTEN TO US, HOW RANDOM ARE WE' painful stuff, have barely heard them in nearly two years, must go back and listen old night podcasts and remind myself of how good they used to be before the show became painfully dull.

Can you get too comfortable working for RTE?

Can the creativity switch be turned off after a while of being there?

• Registered Users Posts: 631 ✭✭✭sligono1

They are terrible but over all 2fms weekend bar jenny green is so bad can they not just pit some people in there play a good kix of music and not be herd

• Registered Users Posts: 7,406 ✭✭✭Trampas

They come across as a very scripted show.

They’ve planned what they are going to say to each other and try to come across as we’ve never talked about this before hand

• Registered Users Posts: 1,428 ✭✭✭Chip Whitley

As a relatively recent listener to 2fm, I must say I enjoy C & C. They have great radio voices, an easy chemistry with one another and have a decent mix of chart music with the odd classic thrown in.

Ideal for weekends and are a strong replacement when filling in for any of the weekday presenters.

Just my 2 cents.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,143 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

Anyone know what Peter Ganley is up to? He used to the youtube vids with Chris back in the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 49 fmfan

CatFromHue wrote: »
    Anyone know what Peter Ganley is up to? He used to the youtube vids with Chris back in the day.

Another good dj back in the day at IRadio. He would sound good on 2FM/TodayFm these days.

As a relatively recent listener to 2fm, I must say I enjoy C & C. They have great radio voices, an easy chemistry with one another and have a decent mix of chart music with the odd classic thrown in.

Ideal for weekends and are a strong replacement when filling in for any of the weekday presenters.

Just my 2 cents.

I suppose for us listeners who have been listening to 2fm for a good few years & have very fond memories of Chris & Ciara's night time show this version just sounds like they are phoning it in.

Going by todays JNLR figures there is a large drop in listenership on Saturday & Sunday for Chris & Ciara's show on 2fm.

They were the next big thing but I don't know what happened....Was it Dan Healy that changed the content of their show or was it Chris & Ciara deciding to make 4 hours of dull radio at the weekend

• Advertisement

Dan Healy should put Chris & Ciara on 2fm at 1pm at the weekends and put Dave Fanning on at 11am

I miss Dave in the morning at the weekend!

Advertisement