Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gangland Shootings [Mod Note in Post #1]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,221 ✭✭✭pablo128

Oh you poor little snowflake, how did you manage at all with only three hours a day in the "communcal" room?

The prison must have been very tough for you.

All because of the big bad man in charge.

Is the chap not entitled to his opinion without being ridiculed?

• Registered Users Posts: 577 ✭✭✭mada82

El_Bee wrote: »
    maybe mods should lock this thread until there's an actual shooting, there's plenty of threads on crime and punishment already.

So if you don’t want to post nobody should be able to? You could always just unfollow the thread until there is a shooting.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Bluesteed

Anyone know of the feud that is kicking up at the minute?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,814 ✭✭✭harry Bailey esq

Because you were an inmate of his?

Personally I was an inmate, or one of 'his boys' on five separate occasions. Calling him an animal is a bit rich to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭rondog

I found lonergan a fair man.If you gave respect you got it back from him.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭begbysback

blinding wrote: »
    Humanity has been crossed , Sean .

Oh the Swings and Fall - Abouts !:P

I live in hope, maybe I’m in the wrong thread to keep that hope alive

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 948 ✭✭✭Dirkziggler

Personally I was an inmate, or one of 'his boys' on five separate occasions. Calling him an animal is a bit rich to be honest.

How is it a bit rich? Your pumping the line that those outside the jail saw. Any sort of rocking the boat he felt it was his authority being questioned and punished prisoners. Prisoners are entitled to question is something's wrong it shouldn't of been opposed.

• Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭Telly

Any sort of rocking the boat he felt it was his authority being questioned and punished prisoners. Prisoners are entitled to question is something's wrong it shouldn't of been opposed.

Prisoners are entitled to fúck all!!! And rightly so!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,880 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

pablo128 wrote: »
    Oh you poor little snowflake, how did you manage at all with only three hours a day in the "communcal" room?

The prison must have been very tough for you.

All because of the big bad man in charge.

Is the chap not entitled to his opinion without being ridiculed?
    Yes he is, but when the opinion is a ridiculous slander others are entitled to call him out on it.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,880 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

How is it a bit rich? Your pumping the line that those outside the jail saw. Any sort of rocking the boat he felt it was his authority being questioned and punished prisoners. Prisoners are entitled to question is something's wrong it shouldn't of been opposed.

How is he pumping a line that those outside the jail saw when he already stated he was in the jail under the supervision of John Lornegan on 5 separate occasions?
    You have created this ex prisoner persona thinking you would be the only one posting here to reveal it and thus could say what you chose to unopposed, you got called out on it.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭El_Bee

mada82 wrote: »
    So if you don’t want to post nobody should be able to? You could always just unfollow the thread until there is a shooting.

you think this is productive? people namecalling over nothing?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,555 ✭✭✭Roger Hassenforder

El_Bee wrote: »
    you think this is productive? people namecalling over nothing?

I think its intetesting getting "an eye" into the prison from former lags.

I'll PM you when someone gets clipped, you can hit that unfollow button.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭glenq

begbysback wrote: »
    Yea build more prisons, actually privatize it so it doesn’t cost the taxpayer anything, seems to have worked in the US as we hardly hear of any crime there nowadays

Just curious, who pays for the private prisons in the US?

• Registered Users Posts: 40,235 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

glenq wrote: »

that would be the county, state or federal government.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 RC1985

Should be a decision by the jury sometime this morning I'd imagine.

Found guilty, just now. Wonder how long he'll get. Less than a year probably.

Yes he is, but when the opinion is a ridiculous slander others are entitled to call him out on it.

Well calling him a snowflake and whatever other smart comments isn't what I would describe as calling him out.

The thread was fine until we started calling each other names.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,524 ✭✭✭Hoboo

glenq wrote: »

Government. Who owns the private prisons? Politicians (law makers) and Judges to name but a few.

It's probably the most perfect business model you could think of.

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭Deco Barry

RC1985 wrote: »
    Found guilty, just now. Wonder how long he'll get. Less than a year probably.

Paul Healy a hack has just stated on Twitter that it carries a minimum sentence of 5 years

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

Deco Barry wrote: »
    Paul Healy a hack has just stated on Twitter that it carries a minimum sentence of 5 years

He is also on a suspended sentence for tax evasion. I wonder will that add to his sentence.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

How is it a bit rich? Your pumping the line that those outside the jail saw.

Worked under him myself. Lonergan was far from an animal. Too compassionate towards prisoners, if anything. That's not a shot at the man, just that he wasn't nearly as strict as he could've been. Sure he dedicated his life story and autobiography The Governor to the prisoners and his nickname was St John! The amount of times I personally witnessed him sign money over to needy criminals because they, or their families, were hard up is astonishing. He was basically Fr Peter McVerry in charge of a jail. A very humane and decent man. I'm shocked at the poster who said what they said about him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭glenq

that would be the county, state or federal government.

Yeah, thought as much, just the poster said it wouldn't cost the taxpayer anything.
    Not that prison is supposed to be a holiday camp, but the thought of a business running a prison for profit is such a bad idea.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,167 ✭✭✭Fan of Netflix

• Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭Telly

Jesus he's aged a fair bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭ACAguy

how long will be actually get? Strange he just gets bail for two months pending sentence. Realistically he just won't get 5 years. All seems a bit strange the garda and NCA have a big joint operation over a stun gun.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 ViaticalHorse

Any update on the fella who was picked up for the davis shooting?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭The Enbalmer

Telly wrote: »
    Jesus he's aged a fair bit.

Still got his hair though..unlike baldy mccombover branno.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 948 ✭✭✭Dirkziggler

ACAguy wrote: »
    how long will be actually get? Strange he just gets bail for two months pending sentence. Realistically he just won't get 5 years. All seems a bit strange the garda and NCA have a big joint operation over a stun gun.

I'd imagine 5 years 2 suspended or some outlay similar. A proportion suspended.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,592 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Hoboo wrote: »
    Government. Who owns the private prisons? Politicians (law makers) and Judges to name but a few.

It's probably the most perfect business model you could think of.

It not perfect at all ,

You ever hear of the "Kids for Cash" scandal

Private Prison's paying Judges to send people to Prison who don't deserver it so the Prison makes more money ,

In a way you would have to say fair play to him taking the hit on it rather than his kid. I doubt he went and bought a pink stun gun/torch himself.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭blinding

ACAguy wrote: »
    They were probably hoping to harpoon him and others for more !

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement