Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Revolut - Ultracheap FX (prepaid Mastercard)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Bummer1234

Had a payment declined in Supermac's t Larkin's cross Wexford today,
    It said my location didn't match where the payment was made,
    The location said I was in Carlow and I certainly wasn't, it's lucky that I had some cash with me,
    It's a new branch of Supermac's that's only after opening in the last week or so,
    I got talking to one of the staff and they told that they were all down from the Carlow branch until they get local staff in Wexford trained up.
    So I was just wondering would the computer system for payments also be running through the Carlow branch causing this ?

This happens in dealz stores (Clarehall,Dublin)also...There systems seem to be in uk somewhere and when the location setting isn't turned off it won't work.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭Brian201888

Can't find it searching back through right now but what was the solution to the invalid postcode issue when ordering the card? I remember having the same issue myself and figuring it out but can't seem to for my wife

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

I got double charged by Revolut a few days ago but the money has been credited back to my account this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

I got double charged by Revolut a few days ago but the money has been credited back to my account this morning.

Same for me. Topped up using AIB card on Saturday. Appeared in account this morning.

Good few on Twitter had the same issue. Maybe only Irish banks were affected?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,702 ✭✭✭JoyPad

Same here. BoI customer.
    Worth noting that the transcript listed the duplicate as a pending transaction.
    It was there this morning, and now gone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,197 ✭✭✭maximoose

Same with me, PTSB

Delighted, thought I just spent a bit too much in the pub on Saturday :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭keredern

Hi folks,

I can't find an answer on the Revolut Community page so was hoping someone might be able to help!

My son has just returned from Australia & has an Australian account where his travel funds are lodged.

He needs to transfer the funds, about $14,000AUD, to his UK account as he has secured some work there.

When he went to transfer some funds, he was hit with fees.

Is there a way to avoid fees when transferring from a non EU bank to Revolut?

He can do it in small amounts over time, if that helps.

Many thanks for any advice.

Use transferwise or similar to move the money. Will be a lot cheaper than bank transfers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 498 ✭✭BobbyBobberson

I used transferwise to transfer from NZ and found them very reasonable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭The high horse brigade

Can't find it searching back through right now but what was the solution to the invalid postcode issue when ordering the card? I remember having the same issue myself and figuring it out but can't seem to for my wife

Yes, make sure the Eircode in your profile is correct. I had this issue and the order wouldn't go through as my address in my profile had a "-" instead of a space

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭toby2111

I'm going to UK tomorrow on holidays and I'm going to top up my Revolut card. Should I leave it in euro or convert it to sterling? Or does it make no difference?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,702 ✭✭✭JoyPad

toby2111 wrote: »
    I'm going to UK tomorrow on holidays and I'm going to top up my Revolut card. Should I leave it in euro or convert it to sterling? Or does it make no difference?

Only a little, due to fluctuation in the currency conversion rate. Read more here.

• Registered Users, Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,199 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nigel Fairservice

Won't make much difference tbh unless you're going to be dealing in a large sum of money. It could be beneficial to people going over to the UK to buy cars and the like (if the currency fluctuation is in their favour) but if you're going over with a few euros to cover your holidays you probably won't notice it that much.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭adam88

Long time REVOLUT user. Trying to tip up my account by 300 from my current account. Tried 300 first and it was just pending for 30 mins. Then got a notice that it failed. Then tried 100 x3. Same thing. Anyone any ideas

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭toby2111

Won't make much difference tbh unless you're going to be dealing in a large sum of money. It could be beneficial to people going over to the UK to buy cars and the like (if the currency fluctuation is in their favour) but if you're going over with a few euros to cover your holidays you probably won't notice it that much.
    Gonna top up by €800 or so. I'll leave it in euro if it doesn't make much difference

• Registered Users Posts: 4,281 ✭✭✭-=al=-

adam88 wrote: »
    Long time REVOLUT user. Trying to tip up my account by 300 from my current account. Tried 300 first and it was just pending for 30 mins. Then got a notice that it failed. Then tried 100 x3. Same thing. Anyone any ideas

Just topped up there myself and it took about 5 minutes after pending.

As of late, it's not as instant as it used to be

Try reducing the amount of top up to €150, and see if that goes through.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,925 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

Gonna top up by €800 or so. I'll leave it in euro if it doesn't make much difference

If you're going to London and planning on using public transport make sure you have at least £10 balance in sterling to use it as an oyster card.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭jakdublin

-=al=- wrote: »
    Just topped up there myself and it took about 5 minutes after pending.

As of late, it's not as instant as it used to be

Try reducing the amount of top up to €150, and see if that goes through.

I use auto top up. Anytime it goes beneath a certain amount, it tops up automatically by €100. Very handy feature.

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,754 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

Anyone get their rainbow card yet?

I've just noticed that yet another new MasterCard has appeared in the cards section of the app, with an expected delivery date, but is of regular design. The rainbow card is still there too (but hasn't been delivered yet) and none of my other cards have been cancelled either (so now I've four physical cards listed).

Rather confused! :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,510 ✭✭✭Wheety

Quackster wrote: »

I've just noticed that yet another new MasterCard has appeared in the cards section of the app, with an expected delivery date, but is of regular design. The rainbow card is still there too (but hasn't been delivered yet) and none of my other cards have been cancelled either (so now I've four physical cards listed).

Just had a look and it's the same for me. Now have 5 cards in the app.
    Regular card | Rainbow Card | New Mastercard (which I didn't order) | Visa physical | Visa virtual

The regular and rainbow are also Mastercard.

The new card says "Your tracking number will appear here when the card has been posted". normally only tracked if you have a premium account. My rainbow one doesn't have a tracking number.

Anyone have a new card in the app, who didn't order the rainbow one?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,197 ✭✭✭maximoose

Got my rainbow card last week

• Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭Thephantomsmask

I got my rainbow last week, no additional have appeared, maybe the new card is actually the rainbow card but appearing with the tracking number under it since the rainbow cards are now sold out?

I got my rainbow last week, no additional have appeared, maybe the new card is actually the rainbow card but appearing with the tracking number under it since the rainbow cards are now sold out?

I was just thinking that maybe they're sending me a regular one as could have been over subscribed for the rainbow ones? I haven't received mine yet.

Maybe my rainbow one is just going to be virtual.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,425 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Sterling, they add in 0.5% on weekend conversions to cover currency fluctuations.
    https://community.revolut.com/t/weekend-exchange-rate-surcharge-clarification/4483

It also says there's a limit of 3 physical cards, so I reckon the rainbow will disappear from my app or become a virtual card.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭Delta2113

I haven't received my rainbow card yet and my app is correct for me.

Rainbow

Mastercard (my first card from years ago)

Visa (got FREE because some issue with London Transport I think)

Virtual Visa (use this one to pay my Netflix in Turkey (see Netflix bargain alert thread for more info.).

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,754 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

They have different numbers and they're both working as of this moment (have made transactions on both).

It's likely a lack of supply of rainbow cards alright. Hopefully it's just a delay and they've sent on regular cards as a stopgap.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,281 ✭✭✭-=al=-

Are the cards still available? 30,000 card between 5,000,000 would suggest they might be running low if not gone by now

I still have the option to choose the rainbow card in an older version of the app (5.25), but in the latest update in the app (on a different phone), it says it's out of stock.

I only have one physical card though :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,169 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

Quackster wrote: »

Did you sign up for the revolut beta (the card where they are their own payment processor)?

If the new card starts with 542402 than it's for the beta.

• Advertisement

Did you sign up for the revolut beta (the card where they are their own payment processor)?

These new cards are for that beta.

That could be it. I know I stuck my name in for it.

And it does start with those numbers.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement