Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

new order trinity series July 7th

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 34 teddybear73

Tickets bagged for this. 33 years since they played a standalone gig in Ireland. Seen them at Ally Pally in London last month and they were great.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

I have only been to one trinity gig, the pixies, and really enjoyed it.
    Have never seen New Order so really looking forward to this one.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,461 ✭✭✭dasdog

Should be a good evening. Saw Hook last year and that was pretty sweet.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,266 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

So they are not playing Electric Picnic or Body & Soul next year.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,796 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

So they are not playing Electric Picnic or Body & Soul next year.

They played in 2016 so would be pretty soon to have them back again.

(Mr. Murphy and his LCD Gang from that year would be another matter though)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭mgkelly

Just bought tickets too. Been listening since 1993 and never saw live!

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭phunkadelic

Le sold out

• Registered Users Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭babybuilder

Seen them 7 times. First in dublin 1983, Boston 85, Galway 86, Dublin (peace together) 93, Alley palley 98, Finsbury park 2001, Brixton 2005 ithink. Were Highly unpredictable early years which added to their charm. Tighter set now. Looking forward to this as I bagged two tickets earlier. Gate crashed peace together gig in 93. Posed as jim Carroll journalist and ' interviewed the Bernard Sumner for an hour or so until the real Jim Carroll appeared. He was not impressed. Riot in Boston in 83 arising from them walking off after 42 minutes. I mean full Boston riot police. I remember getting out of Boston opera House pretty quick and pretty stoned.

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭SoundOfSilence

Tell us more about that interview with Bernard summer. Have read books from hooky on the hacienda period as well as new order. Really funny down to earth bloke and fascinating story of the joy division era thru to new order.

F**k knows what would've happened to them if Ian Curtis didn't commit suicide but they had the world at their feet.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

Really looking forward to this one,

I caught the end of their set at Witnness or Oxegen one year and I've wanted to catch a full New Order gig ever since.

Tickets got, bring it on.

• Advertisement

Tell us more about that interview with Bernard summer. Have read books from hooky on the hacienda period as well as new order. Really funny down to earth bloke and fascinating story of the joy division era thru to new order.

F**k knows what would've happened to them if Ian Curtis didn't commit suicide but they had the world at their feet.
    Vaguely remember the conversation. He was drinking beer and I swapped my glass of wine for his. At the time Hooke and him were barely in speaking terms. He was more interested in talking about future Electronic projects with johnny Marr. Had great chat with Stephen Morris. He kept asking me for cigarettes. Told me he had relatives in Letterkenny when I mentioned where I was from. Very witty intelligent man. The stunning and the hot house flowers were there also.

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭park500

Ticket available at moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭UsedToWait

park500 wrote: »
    Ticket available at moment.

Nice one, missed out on the first batch - appreciate you posting :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,703 ✭✭✭MyPeopleDrankTheSoup

kindasurprised this sold out. they've played loads of irish festivals over the years. i've seen them at oxegen 2005 (ok that was years ago), forbidden fruit 2012 and EP 2016.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

Fujiya & miyagi are supporting

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭Nialler73

peteeeed wrote: »
    Fujiya & miyagi are supporting
    A very welcome addition..

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

Any one the finish time for these gigs

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭Technocentral

kindasurprised this sold out. they've played loads of irish festivals over the years. i've seen them at oxegen 2005 (ok that was years ago), forbidden fruit 2012 and EP 2016.

Its not a festival gig its a standalone gig, a lot of NO fans might not have wanted to see the other acts at those festivals.

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭mgkelly

bigpink wrote: »
    Last night finished up at 2230h. Was superb gig and lovely setting.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,387 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

bigpink wrote: »
    The singer from Vampire Weekend mentioned that open-air gigs in Dublin had to stop at 10.30, which they did exactly. They started just before 8.30 yesterday evening so make sure you get there early if you expect a long set from New Oder.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 675 ✭✭✭ILIKEFOOD

absolutely can't wait for this gig - last (and only) two NO gigs I've seen were festivals. They were great gigs but I'm hoping for a few more tracks outside of their last sets.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭Technocentral

ILIKEFOOD wrote:
    absolutely can't wait for this gig - last (and only) two NO gigs I've seen were festivals. They were great gigs but I'm hoping for a few more tracks outside of their last sets.

This is from their last non festival gig in Miami this year:

Singularity
    Ceremony
    Age of Consent
    Restless
    Academic
    Crystal
    Your Silent Face
    Tutti Frutti
    Subculture
    Bizarre Love Triangle
    Vanishing Point
    World
    Plastic
    The Perfect Kiss
    True Faith
    Blue Monday
    Temptation

Encore:
    Atmosphere
    Decades
    Love Will Tear Us Apart

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 474 ✭✭Former Observer

Always wanted to see New Order but no interest in going to festivals. Really looking forward to this.

This is from their last non festival gig in Miami this year:

Singularity
    Ceremony
    Age of Consent
    Restless
    Academic
    Crystal
    Your Silent Face
    Tutti Frutti
    Subculture
    Bizarre Love Triangle
    Vanishing Point
    World
    Plastic
    The Perfect Kiss
    True Faith
    Blue Monday
    Temptation

Encore:
    Atmosphere
    Decades
    Love Will Tear Us Apart

Decades? Please let this be so

• Registered Users Posts: 4,193 ✭✭✭bullpost

peteeeed wrote: »
    Decades? Please let this be so

Would pay the admission just for that song alone - my favourite JD song.

Saw them 1983-galway, 1985-boston, 1986/7-galway, 1993-point depot, 1998-Alexander Palace, 2002-finsbury park, 2005/6-Brixton academy. Looking forward to this gig. Will be my last seeing them I'd say. They are not getting any younger. Will be strange without Peter Hooke.
    In 1993 I talked my way back stage after the gig pretending to be a well-known music journalist. Got chatting to Bernard and Stephen for ages. Eventually the real Mr Carroll was let in and wasn't too pleased. Met them next day also.

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭Oberkon

Saw them 1983-galway, 1985-boston, 1986/7-galway, 1993-point depot, 1998-Alexander Palace, 2002-finsbury park, 2005/6-Brixton academy. Looking forward to this gig. Will be my last seeing them I'd say. They are not getting any younger. Will be strange without Peter Hooke.
    In 1993 I talked my way back stage after the gig pretending to be a well-known music journalist. Got chatting to Bernard and Stephen for ages. Eventually the real Mr Carroll was let in and wasn't too pleased. Met them next day also.

That’s a great story , did Mr Carroll have a go at you ?
    What this venue like for concerts ? Have you been before ?

Oberkon wrote: »
    That’s a great story , did Mr Carroll have a go at you ?
    What this venue like for concerts ? Have you been before ?

I avoided him by going over to chat to the guitarist of the Stunning whom I knew. I've never been to this venue but I'm hoping for a decent sound. You never know might try and get chatting to Bernard and co again. Btw, Stephen Morris autobiography is worth a read. Comes across as an intelligent bloke.

i can't wait
    last time i saw them was at EP 3 years ago and they were great , much more electronic . this will be my 6th time seeing them i think . fujiya and miyagi are always good live too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34 teddybear73

The last e last few festival gigs in Europe they have played 3 tracks from unknown pleasures early in the set , SHe's Lost Control , Shadowplay and Transmission seeing its the 30th anniversary can see why although I would prefer a New Order full set rather than a few JD songs. Don't mind Love Will Tear Us Apart at the encore.
    Hopefully get a 1hr 45 minute set seeing they are due on stage at 8.45. They played 21 songs at Ally Pally in nov 17. was a great gig.

Advertisement