Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

new order trinity series July 7th

2»

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,093 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

The last e last few festival gigs in Europe they have played 3 tracks from unknown pleasures early in the set , SHe's Lost Control , Shadowplay and Transmission seeing its the 30th anniversary can see why although I would prefer a New Order full set rather than a few JD songs. Don't mind Love Will Tear Us Apart at the encore.
    Hopefully get a 1hr 45 minute set seeing they are due on stage at 8.45. They played 21 songs at Ally Pally in nov 17. was a great gig.

40th anniversary :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,459 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Lads not sure if this is the place to post or not, but a mate of mine cant go tomorrow and is selling his ticket for €50. Can meet outside or near venue if anyone is interested!

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭Deisler

Lads not sure if this is the place to post or not, but a mate of mine cant go tomorrow and is selling his ticket for €50. Can meet outside or near venue if anyone is interested!

U can sell this no problem for face value on toutless.com

Deisler wrote: »
    U can sell this no problem for face value on toutless.com

Cheers, I am out for the night so will be tomorrow before i post on that site. If anyone wants it message me.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 474 ✭✭Former Observer

Whats a good time to arrive here lads? Don't want to be waiting around for ages with nothing happening but want to get in with time to spare and get near the front get drinks etc.

How accsessible are the bathroons? Which street do you enter from?

Thanks

• Advertisement

Whats a good time to arrive here lads? Don't want to be waiting around for ages with nothing happening but want to get in with time to spare and get near the front get drinks etc.

How accsessible are the bathroons? Which street do you enter from?

Thanks

Gates open at 7pm so get in by 8pm. Entrance is by Lincoln Place. Bathrooms are at the back but plenty there. Nice compact venue bar is well set up with contactless. If u move up along the left side of stage u will have a good vantage point. Roll on tomorrow should be a great gig ðŸ‘

ð—¡ð—˜ð—ª ð—¢ð—¥ð——ð—˜ð—¥ ð—§ð—¢ð—¡ð—œð—šð—›ð—§
    - 19:00 - Gates Open
    - 19:45 - @FujiyaAndMiyagi
    - 20:45 - @NewOrder

* All times subject to change
    * No large bags/backpacks permitted

Cheers, I am out for the night so will be tomorrow before i post on that site. If anyone wants it message me.

Ticket gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭Technocentral

Three songs they havent played live in a decade or two that I wish they would. 1. Everything's Gone Green. 2. Thieves Like Us. 3. Fine Time.

• Registered Users Posts: 727 ✭✭✭Cuttlefish

Listening to the support band right now and gonna be honest the sound is absolutely shocking. The speakers are on the ground and all you get is deep bass can't even make out the vocals

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭babybuilder

Speakers are tiny. Laws of physics are going to be seriously tested. What the hell!

Am front and center and will probably move to the back to get a better listening experience 'cos it is shocking

Have to say the sound for new order was a huge improvement and they put on a terrific performance. Highlight was Temptation

• Registered Users Posts: 3,481 ✭✭✭dasdog

Nassau Street bus waiters were all faced in to Trinitywhen I left. It was okay, grand for a Sunday. Hook is playing in September.

That was a fantastic gig. They sounded great and the crowd were well up for it. Agree that temptation was the highlight, one of the best moments I've ever had at a gig of any kind. Amazing stuff. Trinity is a brilliant spot for a gig.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭babybuilder

I love you Bernard

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

loved it , decades was my highlight in a set of highlights

Das Rheingold: Vorspiel
    (Richard Wagner cover)
    Singularity
    Academic
    She's Lost Control
    Shadowplay
    Transmission
    Your Silent Face
    Tutti Frutti
    Subculture
    Bizarre Love Triangle
    Plastic
    The Perfect Kiss
    True Faith
    Blue Monday
    Temptation

Encore:
    Decades
    Love Will Tear Us Apart

• Registered Users Posts: 3,720 ✭✭✭Doodah7

The seven song run from Subculture through to Temptation was absolutely fantastic. If anyone wants to relive last night, how they play and sing the songs on their last live album are very similar. The backing tracks are exactly the same.

My only complaint was the amount of smoking going on. I know it was outdoors, but it still should be prohibited in the arena.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

their live album from the Manchester international festival is out this friday . can't wait

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭Johnny Jukebox

Hadn't seen them since the 80s, Barney's come out of his shell a bit.

Just a crying shame there's no Peter Hook.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 675 ✭✭✭ILIKEFOOD

loved the gig, I think peter hook still does JD better than NO. Poor Barney, hope his hangover shifted :)

Sound wasn't great but positioned myself well enough. Absolutely hanging in work today.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 iwilldare

Fantastic gig and great venue.
    Barneys dancing is still gas!

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭Oberkon

Great gig really enjoyed it . Good atmosphere and sound was good from my standpoint .
    First time seeing new order live having seen DM many times I thought I’d better see them . Great night

• Registered Users Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Bowlardo

Doodah7 wrote: »
    The seven song run from Subculture through to Temptation was absolutely fantastic. If anyone wants to relive last night, how they play and sing the songs on their last live album are very similar. The backing tracks are exactly the same.

My only complaint was the amount of smoking going on. I know it was outdoors, but it still should be prohibited in the arena.

Ah **** off

peteeeed wrote: »
    loved it , decades was my highlight in a set of highlights

Das Rheingold: Vorspiel
    (Richard Wagner cover)
    Singularity
    Academic
    She's Lost Control
    Shadowplay
    Transmission
    Your Silent Face
    Tutti Frutti
    Subculture
    Bizarre Love Triangle
    Plastic
    The Perfect Kiss
    True Faith
    Blue Monday
    Temptation

Encore:
    Decades
    Love Will Tear Us Apart

It's mad, if you told me that would be their setlist yesterday I probably would have been disappointed with no Ceremony, Age of Consent, Elegia, Atmosphere and a couple of other personal ones I like. They just have so many good songs that it didn't matter in the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭Big Game

Great gig. Bit gutted they didn't play Vanishing Point, third time I've seen them and never heard it live. They never really played it too often but they've been playing it at stand alone gigs this year but not festival sets. Nothing from Technique at all for that matter and it's their best album for me. Still really enjoyed it.

Thought they were fantastic. Also great crowd! And great venue.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭Technocentral

She's Lost Control was the highlight also great to hear Decades.

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭THEDONWALDO

It was a super gig, saw NO in forbidden fruit in 2012. Temptation and shadowplay were the pick of the night for me..still singing away to myself! Looking forward to Hooky in Sept

• Advertisement
Advertisement