Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

People that take up a seat on the bus for their bag

Options
  • 03-07-2019 5:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭

Are c***s.

That is all.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,614 ✭✭✭victor8600

Yes, but you can just ask them to remove their bag if you want to use the seat.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,293 ✭✭✭✭branie2

Rude :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,882 ✭✭✭tusk

Or sit directly on them

• Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

Add the DART to that, although people are cnuts in general.

Stood on the DART this afternoon and some idiot comes and tries to stand in the exact spot I was standing in, why I have not idea the DART wasn't that busy. Two little old ladies get on at Connolly and the two idiots now have the nearest seats to the door, do they get up do they fcuk.

The amount of times I've seen pregnant women forced to stand on the DART also.

Thanks for opening this little rant.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 594 ✭✭✭Force Carrier

Fcuk it on the floor.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,653 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

Boxing.Fan wrote: »
    Are c***s.

That is all.

It is inconsiderate if there are few seats left. I will remove my bag in that case, but if there are plenty of free seats available I don't see the problem. People who don't give up their seat for pregnant women, elderly and infirm people are the real brats.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

I deliberately target them with a smile, especially if there are other empty seats.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,707 ✭✭✭Bobblehats

Bag hags

• Registered Users Posts: 1,928 ✭✭✭Conall Cernach

Should be legitimate targets along with those that sit in the aisle seat and refuse to make eye contact.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭Car99

They do that because they don't want people like the OP to sit beside them

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,897 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

Sit on their lap if they don't respond. Works every time. :P

I find that a nod towards the seat with a smile usually works though, as most people are in a bubble of phones and may not realise or remember that they did not pay for a seat for their bag....(but some crazy fekkers actually DO).

There is absolutely no way I would stand if there was a seat with a bag on it. Nope.

And I do give up my seat to those who are older/pregnant etc. I don't mind standing then.

Time to fight back. Hurray.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,276 ✭✭✭Cheshire Cat

On a bus to Galway recently this "lady" had her high end shopping bags (Brown Thomas & Co) on the seat beside her and ignored all passengers getting on. The last one to get on was a morbidly obese guy and the last seat available was the one next to her. Karma!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,958 ✭✭✭Dick phelan

If there are other 2 two seats together free i see no issue, if the bus is very busy though then yes it's rude

On a bus to Galway recently this "lady" had her high end shopping bags (Brown Thomas & Co) on the seat beside her and ignored all passengers getting on. The last one to get on was a morbidly obese guy and the last seat available was the one next to her. Karma!

With all that high end stuff you'd imagine she would have a chauffeur. Imagine having to slum it on the bus. Dear me. So instead she got a seat for her bags, or so she thought. Brilliant result.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,625 ✭✭✭Lefty Bicek

Mr.S wrote: »
    They are just placing their bag beside them, if there are no other free spaces, just ask them to move? I never got the issue with this.

It's not to your credit that you don't have an issue with ignorant, selfish pig behaviour. Which is what it is.

Selfish people still have eyes to see for themselves. If seating is scarce enough they should remove their bags, but they don't do it.

It doesn't have to be a pregnant woman or an old person, either. No-one who haspaid for their seat should have to get involved in asking the question.

Not everyone is assertive enough to ask anyway, and I think the selfish c**** play on that.

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭Ronaldinho

This is why we should copy China and bring in a Social Credit Score.

If there are other 2 two seats together free i see no issue, if the bus is very busy though then yes it's rude

Em.... I think that's the point of the thread. No one would care if other seats were available, but when they are not, and some plonker takes up an available seat with a bag, game over.

• Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭Hedgelayer

Brown Thomas lol
    She probably has her aldi shopping in it.
    You'll see some people going around rural towns like Ennis and Kilkenny with a Brown Thomas bag, the madness within me would love to say, wow you shop in Brown Thomas...

Roll out the fanfare and golden carpet...

Look everyone they shop in Brown Thomas, and the Metro Goldwyn Mayer Lion on standby....

• Registered Users Posts: 766 ✭✭✭ger vallely

Oh yeah. I bus to work on a school route every morning. Secondary school girls appear to be the worst offenders. They put their bags on the inside seat and avoid eye contact with anyone. I've asked for the seat many times, the huffing and sighing that goes on is comical. I do try remember that I was once that age myself but feck they wreck my head.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,382 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

Hedgelayer wrote: »
    Brown Thomas lol
    She probably has her aldi shopping in it.
    You'll see some people going around rural towns like Ennis and Kilkenny with a Brown Thomas bag, the madness within me would love to say, wow you shop in Brown Thomas...

Roll out the fanfare and golden carpet...

Look everyone they shop in Brown Thomas, and the Metro Goldwyn Mayer Lion on standby....

I sometimes go to Tesco and bring a Dunnes bag with me :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,907 ✭✭✭Stephen15

I do it sometimes but only off peak when the bus is nearly empty and I don't see the harm in it. The reason why is because if the front two seats upstairs on the drivers side of the bus don't have space underneath them. If they're free that's where Ile always try to sit as those two seats have the best legroom and the best view on the bus.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,015 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

The ones who sit on the outside to try keep the two seats to themselves. Dirt.

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭Boxing.Fan

victor8600 wrote: »

I got on 16 bus up beside Kealys there on the swords road bus was packed as it always is coming from the airport all standing downstairs.

I went upstairs there were I'd say 3 at most seats available so I went to the first free seat a few rows up from the stairs and I find this one sitting there bag on her lap and two shopping bags on the other seat, she wasnt a small person either so space was already at a premium.

I stand there for a second thinking she will see me and lift the bags out of the way but no, never even glanced at me. Clearly pretending I'm not there, So i says "any chance I can sit down there" so she lifts the bag and I sit down. Never acknowledges me at all a pure c***t.

I just a expect people to have some consideration and awareness shes on a packed bus sooner or later someones gonna come looking for a seat. Have it ready for them, the seats arent for bags.

What made the whole trip worse was when I was getting off there was this big traveler getting off ahead of me and the bang of sweat off him would kill a horse.

He gets off takes a swig of his 7up bottle and then throws it straight on the ground. Scumbag, I wanted to say something to him but he was a big fella hed probably knock the bollix out of me.

I Hate public transport!

is_that_so wrote: »
    I deliberately target them with a smile, especially if there are other empty seats.

"You didn't pay for a ticket for that bag, but I paid for one for my @r$e so it is going on that seat whether you move your bag or not"

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭Boxing.Fan

Should be legitimate targets along with those that sit in the aisle seat and refuse to make eye contact.

They are the real scum of the earth dont get me started on them.

"You didn't pay for a ticket for that bag, but I paid for one for my @r$e so it is going on that seat whether you move your bag or not"
    said he with an apologetic smile! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 16,903 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

victor8600 wrote:

Or move it for them if they refuse

The ones who sit on the outside to try keep the two seats to themselves. Dirt.
    They get the "Can I just pop into the inside seat?" move, leaving them and bag(s) jutting out into the aisle.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,176 ✭✭✭✭ILoveYourVibes

I put my bag down if some one comes in i don't like the look of and take it up again if someone nice comes on the bus.

• Advertisement

We just have to be more assertive with ass hats like these people. They rely on us being (in general) non confrontational. Vive La Revolution.

Advertisement