Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

List of Renewed - Cancelled - Still under debate - Shows Announced (So Far...)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,889 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Blood & Treasure renewed for a second season
    https://tvline.com/2019/06/26/blood-treasure-renewed-season-2-cbs/

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,923 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Blood & Treasure renewed for a second season
    https://tvline.com/2019/06/26/blood-treasure-renewed-season-2-cbs/

Wow, really didn't see that being renewed

• Registered Users Posts: 7,105 ✭✭✭corkie

• Registered Users Posts: 60,273 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Final Fantasy Live-Action TV Adaptation In Works By Sony TV & Hivemind
    The blockbuster Final Fantasy video game series is heading to television. Sony Pictures TV and Hivemind, the production company behind Amazon’s The Expanse and Netflix’s upcoming adaptation of The Witcher, have teamed with global video game powerhouse Square Enix to develop a first-of-its-kind, live-action TV adaptation of a beloved chapter from the blockbuster Final Fantasy video game series.

Written by Ben Lustig and Jake Thornton (Winter’s Knight, The Wells Initiative), the TV adaptation will tell an original story set in the fantastic world of Eorzea, based on Final Fantasy XIV, the franchise’s blockbuster online role-playing game. Since it first debuted in 2013, the online title has continued to amass millions of players around the world, cementing its legacy as one of the most storied and influential franchises in gaming history.

https://deadline.com/2019/06/final-fantasy-live-action-tv-adaptation-in-works-by-sony-tv-hivemind-1202638850/

Masters Of Doom

USA Network Orders ‘Masters Of Doom’ Pilot Produced By James & Dave Franco
    USA Network has given a pilot order to Masters of Doom, a drama based on David Kushner’s nonfiction book, from James and Dave Franco’s Ramona Films, The Gotham Group and UCP. Masters of Doom is being eyed as an anthology series, with the first installment based on Kushner’s book, published by Random House in 2003.

Written and executive produced by WGA Award winner Tom Bissell (Gears of War), Masters of Doom is the true story of two computer geniuses in an obscure corner of America who, along with a group of rebellious misfits, created one of the biggest franchise hits of the 90s, the video game Doom. John Carmack and John Romero were best friends who became bitter rivals, as they created a video game empire and transformed pop culture forever.

https://deadline.com/2019/06/usa-orders-masters-of-doom-pilot-based-book-james-franco-producing-1202638479/

• Advertisement

Rita

Lena Headey To Star In & Executive Produce Dramedy Pilot ‘Rita’ Based On Danish Series At Showtime
    Showtime has given a pilot order to hour-long dramedy Rita, based on Christian Torpe’s award-winning Danish series, with Emmy nominee Lena Headey (Game of Thrones) set to star and executive produce. Torpe will pen the pilot and serve as showrunner. Rita is a co-production of Showtime and Platform One Media.

In Rita, Headey will play the title character, a headstrong, unconventional teacher and single mother who takes on every kind of authority – as well as her family – in a messy and unfiltered way. Mille Denesen plays Rita in the Danish series.

Rita premiered in February 2012 on TV2 and has run for four seasons in Denmark and internationally on Netflix which was also a co-producer on the third and fourth season.

The pilot is executive produced by Torpe and Headey and Elisa Ellis for Platform One Media, which is headed by Katie O’Connell Marsh.

“Rita is a deliciously subversive character who will make you laugh and cry as she continuously challenges the hypocrisy around her,” Jana Winograde, President of Entertainment, Showtime Networks said. “It goes without saying that Lena Headey is a force, whose essence is ideal to take on this wonderfully dynamic lead role.”

Headey is best known for her portrayal of Cersei Lannister in Game of Thrones, receiving multiple Emmy nominations for Best Supporting Actress in a Drama Series and a Golden Globe nomination. Most recently, Headey can be seen in Stephen Merchant’s film Fighting with My Family, starring opposite Dwayne Johnson, Nick Frost, and Vince Vaughn.

https://deadline.com/2019/06/lena-headey-to-star-in-executive-produce-dramedy-pilot-rita-based-on-danish-series-at-showtime-1202638838/

• Registered Users Posts: 84,825 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

One Day at a Time revived by Pop after cancelled by Netflix, 13 episode Season 4 coming

• Registered Users Posts: 17,230 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    One Day at a Time revived by Pop after cancelled by Netflix, 13 episode Season 4 coming

Weird - how many other shows cancelled by Netflix were picked up by another network
    How long before companies start charging per show to watch. I would quite happily pay 20 euro or something for a season of some shows, others maybe a fiver

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Clareman wrote: »
    Wow, really didn't see that being renewed
    It must fill a need, i.e. people who miss the Librarians!

• Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭vargoo

fritzelly wrote: »
    Weird - how many other shows cancelled by Netflix were picked up by another network
    How long before companies start charging per show to watch. I would quite happily pay 20 euro or something for a season of some shows, others maybe a fiver

Off with ya!!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,923 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

is_that_so wrote: »
    It must fill a need, i.e. people who miss the Librarians!

Very good point, I didn't realize all the similarities between the 2 shows

• Registered Users Posts: 28,786 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Well it does have Jenkins from The Librarians. :)
    But wouldn't mind another series to fill the Librarians/Warehouse 13 void.

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Well it does have Jenkins from The Librarians. :)
    But wouldn't mind another series to fill the Librarians/Warehouse 13 void.

Ahhh 2 enjoyable shows that need replacing

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

Blackadder writers and actors meeting to discuss a season 5

https://www.comedy.co.uk/tv/news/5399/blackadder_series_5/

• Registered Users Posts: 17,230 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

peteeeed wrote: »

That's excellent news just hope the comedy is on point 30 years later

Sandman to spin off Lucifer next season?

Sandman

Netflix Nears Deal With Warner Bros. TV For ‘Sandman’ Series
    t’s not a dream — Neil Gaiman’s Sandman is finally coming to television. After being stuck in development limbo for decades, Netflix is nearing a deal with Warner Bros. TV for a series order of an adaptation of the popular comic book series from DC Comics’ Vertigo imprint. Allan Heinberg (Wonder Woman, Grey’s Anatomy) is slated to write and serve as showrunner on the series. Gaiman will executive producer alongside David Goyer.

When it was announced that a selection of Vertigo titles were going to New Line, Sandman was originally slated to be a film with Joseph Gordon-Levitt directing and starring. He exited the feature three years ago after creative differences. The project even goes back further when Gaiman said that an adaptation was in the works while at Comic-Con. Gaiman and Goyer were also involved in the film adaptation.

Once closed, this will be yet another franchise to add to Gaiman’s TV arsenal. He currently has American Gods on Starz as well as the new Amazon series Good Omens. Once the deal closes for Sandman, it will join Lucifer on the streaming giant — which is appropriate considering that the former is a spinoff of the latter.

Sandman charted a long, poetic story arc over its original 75-issue run that followed the adventures of Morpheus, lord of dreams and member of a pantheon of immortal beings called The Endless who personify certain universal concepts that, along with dream, includes death, desire, destiny, delirium, despair, and destruction.

https://deadline.com/2019/06/netflix-warner-bros-tv-sandman-adaptation-neil-gaiman-david-goyer-1202640201/

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,499 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

peteeeed wrote: »

I’d be a rich man if I had a penny for every time that’s been suggested in the last thirty or so years.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,325 ✭✭✭Bandana boy

icdg wrote: »
    I’d be a rich man if I had a penny for every time that’s been suggested in the last thirty or so years.
    If it was suggested every day for the last 30 years you would have just over 100 quid !

• Registered Users Posts: 8,889 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Kaley Cuoco's Flight Attendant Lands on WarnerMedia Streaming Service
    The Kaley Cuoco-led adaptation of The Flight Attendant is ready to come in for a landing, on WarnerMedia’s upcoming streaming service, TVLine has learned.

Based on Chris Bohjalian’s New York Times bestseller of the same name (for which the Big Bang Theory alum bought the rights in October 2017), the thriller follows Cassandra Bowden, a flight attendant who wakes up hungover in a Dubai hotel room… with a dead body next to her. Instead of informing the police, she joins her fellow crew members on a flight to NYC, where she is met by FBI agents with a few questions about her recent layover. Unable to piece together what happened, Cassandra begins to suspect that she might be the killer.

https://tvline.com/2019/07/01/kaley-cuoco-flight-attendant-series-order-warnermedia/

Gremlins Prequel Snags Series Order at WarnerMedia Streaming Service
    Gremlins: Secrets of the Mogwai, which was put into development in February, will take place in 1920s Shanghai and reveal how 10-year-old Sam Wing (who goes on to be shop owner Mr. Wing in the 1984 movie and 1990 sequel) met the young Mogwai named Gizmo.

“Along with a teenage street thief named Elle, Sam and Gizmo take a perilous journey through the Chinese countryside, encountering — and sometimes battling — colorful monsters and spirits from Chinese folklore,” the project’s logline reads. “On their quest to return Gizmo to his family and uncover a legendary treasure, they are pursued by a power-hungry industrialist and his growing army of evil Gremlins.”

https://tvline.com/2019/07/01/gremlins-prequel-series-order-warnermedia-streaming-service/

HBO's Divorce Ending With Season 3
    https://tvline.com/2019/07/01/divorce-cancelled-season-4-ending-hbo/

And here I was just thinking you know what would be a great idea? A series about Gizmo fighting gremlins and monsters in the 20s.
    Also Gizmo didn't strike me as being over 60

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

I wonder how long the WarnerMedia streaming service will last... 1 year? Less?

I'm assuming the Mogwai show is aimed at a younger audience since the boy is 10, Gizmo's cute and colourful creatures.

As for the Warner streaming service, I'm assuming they will integrate the DC service.

• Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭vargoo

I wonder how long the WarnerMedia streaming service will last... 1 year? Less?

Prepare to set sail me heartys!!!

We're all going back to sea!!!

Oh aRRRRRRRRRRR!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,296 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

Ransom cancelled by CBS.

It did well to get two extra seasons after being originally cancelled after 4/5 episodes of season 1.

It was a big hit Internationally that's how it got a reprieve spilt it's filming between Eastern Europe and Canada.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,949 ✭✭✭DenMan

Skerries wrote: »
    how is this still going!?
    I watched one episode and it had to be one of the cheapest looking shows I have ever seen with really bad acting

Ha I really like it. :D

The Fugitive

‘The Fugitive’ Drama Series From Nick Santora In The Works At Quibi
    Jeffrey Katzenberg and Meg Whitman’s short-form video platform Quibi has put in development The Fugitive, from Scorpion creator Nick Santora, Thunder Road Films, 3 Arts Entertainment and Warner Bros. TV.

The Fugitive is a new take on the classic title, which Warner Bros. owns. The studio previously produced the 1993 movie starring Harrison Ford. There also was a The Fugitive TV series, created by Roy Huggins and starring David Janssen, which aired on ABC from 1963 to 1967. It was produced by Quinn Martin Productions and United Artists Television.

Written by Santora, The Fugitive centers on blue collar worker Mike Russo, who just wants to make sure his wife, Allison, and 10-year-old daughter, Pearl, are safe, when a bomb rips through the Los Angeles subway train he’s riding on. But the faulty evidence on the ground and “tweet-now, confirm-later” journalism paint a nightmarish picture: it looks to all the world that Mike was responsible for the heinous act. Wrongfully—and very publicly—accused, Mike must prove his innocence by uncovering the real perpetrator, before the legendary cop heading the investigation can apprehend him. With the city in a state of panic and misinformation traveling at the speed of social media, Mike’s life and family hang in the balance as he becomes… The Fugitive.

https://deadline.com/2019/07/the-fugitive-drama-series-nick-santora-quibi-1202643288/

Katherine Heigl has signed on to star in and exec-produce Netflix’s 10-episode series adaptation of Kristin Hannah’s best-selling book Firefly Lane

https://tvline.com/2019/07/10/katherine-heigl-firefly-lane-netflix-series-cast/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,296 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

she gone from suits?

Advertisement