Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

List of Renewed - Cancelled - Still under debate - Shows Announced (So Far...)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Archer renewed for season 11.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,894 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Xenji wrote: »
    Archer renewed for season 11.

Plus finally out of the coma.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,453 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

• Registered Users Posts: 12,311 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

Marvel to release a new tv version of Blade starring Mahershala Ali

can't picture him in the role at all

• Registered Users Posts: 60,315 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

It's a Blade feature film not a TV series.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,988 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Mr E wrote: »
    Great stuff, really enjoying the first season. We'll need a bat-sh*t insane show with 'Legion' ending (I see 'Legends' as more bonkers than insane :P)

• Registered Users Posts: 28,816 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

ixoy wrote: »
    Great stuff, really enjoying the first season. We'll need a bat-sh*t insane show with 'Legion' ending (I see 'Legends' as more bonkers than insane :P)

What's insane about scenes like this? :pac:

NSFW warning. And I don't think it's a spoiler, at least not out of context.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,129 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Younger renewed

Animal Kingdom renewed

Source TV Line

• Registered Users Posts: 5,153 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

CBS cancels THE CODE after one season.

Could be that they can't have 2 JAG based shows at the same time if JAG makes a comeback?

• Advertisement

Designated Survivor has been cancelled again.

The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy

‘The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy’ TV Series In Works At Hulu From Carlton Cuse & Jason Fuchs
    EXCLUSIVE: Douglas Adams’ comedy sci-fi classic The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy is headed to American television. I have learned that Hulu is developing a TV series adaptation of the novels from prolific showrunner Carlton Cuse (Lost, Tom Clancy’s Jack Ryan, Locke & Key) and feature writer Jason Fuchs (Wonder Woman, Ice Age: Continental Drift).

Cuse and Fuchs, both fans of the iconic title, will write, executive produce and showrun the proposed series, a modern updating of the classic story now in development at Hulu via ABC Signature and Cuse’ Genre Arts. Fuchs is writing the pilot script.

Disney owns the Hitchhiker’s Guide IP

What don't they own these days.

https://deadline.com/2019/07/the-hitchhikers-guide-to-the-galaxy-tv-series-in-works-at-hulu-from-carlton-cuse-jason-fuchs-1202652440/

This could be very good.

The Old Man

Jeff Bridges To Star As Retired CIA Officer In FX Drama ‘The Old Man’ From ‘Black Sails’ Co-Creators Jon Steinberg & Robert Levin
    Jeff Bridges is returning to series television for the first time in over 50 years with FX drama The Old Man.

The Big Lebowski and Bad Times at the El Royale star will play a retired CIA officer in the series, which is written by Black Sails co-creators Jon Steinberg and Robert Levine.

The series, which is based on the eponymous novel written by Thomas Perry, centers on Dan Chase, played by Bridges, who absconded from the CIA decades ago and has been living off the grid since. When an assassin arrives and tries to take Chase out, the old operative learns that to ensure his future he now must reconcile his past.

While Bridges starred in a handful of television movies and one-offs in the 1970s and 1980s, his last roles on a series television was on The Lloyd Bridges Show in 1963 and Sea Hunt.

It is exec produced by Fargo and The Handmaid’s Tale exec producer Warren Littlefield, Bridges, Steinberg, Levine, Dan Shotz and David Schiff and produced by Fox 21 Television Studios in association with The Littlefield Company. Production of the pilot episode begins this fall.

The series was revealed by Nick Grad and Gina Balian, Presidents, Original Programming, FX Entertainment.

“Jeff Bridges is an iconic, extraordinary actor and to have him as the star of this series is an incredible moment for FX,” said Grad. “Jon Steinberg and Robert Levine have delivered an amazing pilot script and Jeff is perfect for the role of Dan Chase. We’re also happy to be working with Warren Littlefield, with whom we’ve had such a terrific partnership on Fargo, along with our partners at Fox 21.”

“Jeff Bridges is one of the most important actors of his generation. John Landgraf, Eric Schrier, Gina Balian, Nick Grad and their team at FX have built a home for content of unparalleled quality. Bert Salke and his team at Fox 21 have developed a sterling track record for generating said content. And Warren Littlefield has forgotten more about making great television than we will ever know. To call this a project a dream opportunity for us is almost certainly a gross understatement,” added Steinberg.

https://deadline.com/2019/07/jeff-bridges-to-star-as-retired-cia-officer-in-fx-drama-the-old-man-from-black-sails-co-creators-jon-steinberg-robert-levine-1202653849/

Will & Grace

‘Will & Grace’ Reboot To End With Upcoming 2020 Season On NBC
    Will & Grace is coming to an end. After an historic 11-season, 246-episode run, the series will end with the upcoming season (the reboot’s third and 11th overall) in 2020.

“When NBC had the opportunity to reconnect this amazing cast and creative team, we jumped at the chance,” said George Cheeks and Paul Telegdy, Co-Chairmen, NBC Entertainment.”The impact and legacy of ‘Will & Grace’ simply can’t be overstated, both as a true game-changer in the portrayal of the LGBTQ community and as one of the finest comedies in television history. A huge thank you to Max, David, Jimmy and a cast that is second to none for their brilliance over an incredible run.

https://deadline.com/2019/07/will-grace-reboot-to-end-with-upcoming-2020-season-on-nbc-1202654017/

• Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

I know it's the nature of animation, but I wish the season breaks weren't so long.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Amazing news. Such a great show.
    I know it's the nature of animation, but I wish the season breaks weren't so long.

Season 1 and 2 were released a year a part (give or take a week) and Season 3 is scheduled for about the same time, so the season breaks are no different to any other shows. It may seem more because the episodes are released at once and watched in quicker succession, but that's true of any Netflix show.

Amazing news. Such a great show.
    The trailers make it's full of very crude humour. Is there some substance to it? How would it compare to the excellent 'BoJack Horeseman'?

• Registered Users Posts: 85,129 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Now Apocalypse cancelled by Starz

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

The trailers make it's full of very crude humour. Is there some substance to it? How would it compare to the excellent 'BoJack Horeseman'?

There's certainly an awful lot of crude humour, but it also has a lot of heart. It's also genuinely funny and incredibly clever. For me it's up there with Bojack Horseman and Rick & Morty, and in some ways it has similarities to both those shows, while also being its own thing. Like most shows it gets better as it goes along, but you'd know within a couple of episodes whether its your cup of tea or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,271 ✭✭✭Acosta

Half ways through the first season. Don't think I'll bother going on. 21 episode seasons should be done away with.

The Expanse renewed for a 5th season by Amazon.

https://deadline.com/2019/07/the-expanse-fifth-season-1202655524/

• Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭vargoo

Acosta wrote: »
    Half ways through the first season. Don't think I'll bother going on. 21 episode seasons should be done away with.

Depends on the writers, loads of great 24 ep seasons out there.

Carnival Row has been renewed for a second season , a month before the first season even airs.

Carnival Row has been renewed for a second season , a month before the first season even airs.
    Amazon seem to do this a lot. 'The Boys' got a two season order before the first episode aired, as has 'The Expanse'. Other shows like 'Snowpiercer' and 'Warrior' have done this. I guess it's part of some form of investment strategy.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Baffled as to how this got beyond a first season but it does have Kiefer in it!

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Amazon seem to do this a lot. 'The Boys' got a two season order before the first episode aired, as has 'The Expanse'. Other shows like 'Snowpiercer' and 'Warrior' have done this. I guess it's part of some form of investment strategy.
    Maybe 1st episode numbers are enough for them or maybe they do focus group type of testing on stuff.

I Know What You Did Last Summer
    The teen slasher flick in which the Gorton’s Fisherman tried to murder Jennifer Love Hewitt? It’s back – in TV pilot form. Reports reveal an I Know What You Did Last Summer TV series is currently in the works at Amazon, and filmmaker James Wan will be producing the project.

https://www.slashfilm.com/i-know-what-you-did-last-summer-tv-series/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,816 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Sure, why not?

While they're making tv series out of horror/slasher movies, I think they need to do a Final Destination tv series where they can come up with at least 1 extravagant death per episode.

Advertisement