Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

List of Renewed - Cancelled - Still under debate - Shows Announced (So Far...)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,325 ✭✭✭Bandana boy

FunLover18 wrote: »
    I'm very sceptical of this, it worked perfectly as a one off.

I agree
    its ending wrapped up the story , what is left to say ?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

the way up, a comedy written by aisling bea coming to channel 4

The comedy - which was originally announced as Happy AF - is a six-part sitcom about a whip-smart English-as-a-foreign language (TEFL) teacher trying to pull her life back together after a "teeny little nervous breakdown".

Bea plays the lead role of Aine, with Sharon Horgan as her concerned sister Shona, who not only worries about her younger sibling, but also about her own life choices.

https://www.comedy.co.uk/tv/news/5370/this_way_up_cast/

• Registered Users Posts: 85,125 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Hulu has put a straight to series order for Fertile Crescent an 8 episode drama series set in the midst of the Syrian Civil War with James Purefoy

https://variety.com/2019/tv/news/hulu-syrian-civil-war-series-1203241980/

• Registered Users Posts: 8,894 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

L.A.’s Finest has been renewed for a second season

• Registered Users Posts: 60,315 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

The Right Stuff National Geographic
    National Geographic’s space race just recruited a few more participants. Jake McDorman (Murphy Brown) and Joe Dempsie (Game of Thrones) are among six actors newly cast in The Right Stuff, the cabler’s upcoming NASA drama.

Adapted from Tom Wolfe’s 1979 book of the same name, The Right Stuff tells the story of NASA’s Project Mercury, which ignited a space race with the Soviets and made instant celebrities of the Mercury Seven, a group of the military’s test pilots. “At the heart of a historic drama populated by deeply human characters,” the logline reads, “two archrivals — Maj. John Glenn and Alan Shepard — jockey to be the first man in space.”

McDorman will play the “furiously competitive” Alan Shepard, who is one of the best test pilots in Navy history. Dempsie, meanwhile, will portray Lt. Gordon Cooper, the youngest of the Mercury Seven, who was recruited to everyone’s surprise.

The project has also cast Aaron Staton (Mad Men) as Wally Schirra, a competitive pilot with a gift for pulling pranks; James Lafferty (One Tree Hill) as Scott Carpenter, a soulful man dubbed “The Poet” by his fellow astronauts; Micah Stock (Bonding) as Deke Slayton, a taciturn but intelligent pilot and engineer; and Michael Trotter (Underground) as Gus Grissom, a no-nonsense test pilot who eventually becomes the second man in space.

As previously reported, Suits vet Patrick J. Adams will star in The Right Stuff as John Glenn. The drama’s executive producers include Leonardo DiCaprio and Jennifer Davisson (The Revenant), while Mark Lafferty (Castle Rock) will serve as showrunner.

The Right Stuff is slated for a 2020 premiere.

https://tvline.com/2019/06/14/the-right-stuff-jake-mcdorman-joe-dempsie-nat-geo-series-cast/

• Advertisement

Criminal Nicholas Pinnock, David Tennant & Hayley Atwell Star In Netflix Police Interrogation Drama

Nicholas Pinnock, star of ABC’s forthcoming legal drama For Life, Doctor Who’s David Tennant and Agent Carter’s Hayley Atwell are to star in Netflix’s police interrogation drama Criminal.

The format bending series consists of 12 episodes of 45 minutes with three episodes each set across four countries – France, Spain, Germany and the UK. The drama takes place exclusively within the confines of a police interview suite. It is a stripped down, cat-and-mouse drama that will focus on the intense mental conflict between the police officer and the suspect in question.

Pinnock, Cheat’s Katherine Kelly Lee Ingleby, Mark Stanley, Rochenda Sandall and Shubham Saraf star in the UK episodes with Tennant and Atwell guest starring alongside Youssef Kerkour, and Clare-Hope A****ey.

https://deadline.com/2019/06/netflix-criminal-nicholas-pinnock-hayley-atwell-david-tennant-1202633443/?fbclid=IwAR3VHJDABuAswKJmcW9jLRj0bIBdAxavrn_uI-GpCfxuzjBmTyIowEIdRS4

^^^^^

Boards censored Clare Hope's surname. lol

• Registered Users Posts: 55,453 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Nah, her surname is Ashitey. :o

Lucifer renewed for a 5th and final season of 10 episodes by Netflix.

https://tvline.com/2019/06/17/lucifer-season-5-final-10-episodes-netflix/

• Registered Users Posts: 17,260 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Second most watched series on Netflix - cannot understand why they are only doing one more season

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 1,705 ✭✭✭BandMember

fritzelly wrote: »
    Second most watched series on Netflix - cannot understand why they are only doing one more season

It's all to do with the way Netflix structure their contracts, been discussed here loads of times before (sorry, but I'm too lazy to search back for a link for you :pac:).

Disappointing that it's definitely being cancelled once and for all, but at least they can wrap things up once and for all and, hopefully, finish it up on a high.

BandMember wrote: »
    It's all to do with the way Netflix structure their contracts, been discussed here loads of times before (sorry, but I'm too lazy to search back for a link for you :pac:).

Disappointing that it's definitely being cancelled once and for all, but at least they can wrap things up once and for all and, hopefully, finish it up on a high.

I know but...

• Registered Users Posts: 55,453 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Queer Eye renewed for 2 more seasons (4 and 5). Fun show. :)

https://www.joe.ie/movies-tv/queer-eye-renewed-seasons-4-5-672880

• Registered Users Posts: 7,958 ✭✭✭DenMan

Confirmed! Season two of 'The Outpost' starts on Syfy on June 15th @9pm. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,969 ✭✭✭cena

fritzelly wrote: »

What series

cena wrote: »
    What series

Lucifer

Netflix has cancelled 'Chambers', starring Uma Thurman, after one season

Netflix renews ' the rain ' for a 3rd and final season

• Registered Users Posts: 12,311 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

DenMan wrote: »
    Confirmed! Season two of 'The Outpost' starts on Syfy on June 15th @9pm. :D

how is this still going!?
    I watched one episode and it had to be one of the cheapest looking shows I have ever seen with really bad acting

• Advertisement

Yellowstone renewed for a 3rd season by Paramount Network.

Sawyer (Josh Holloway) joins the cast.

https://deadline.com/2019/06/yellowstone-renewed-season-3-paramount-network-josh-holloway-joins-cast-1202633866/

The Oval

Tyler Perry Sets White House Drama Series ‘The Oval’ At BET
    Tyler Perry has set his first series at BET as part of his multi-year content deal with Viacom. White House drama series The Oval, starring Ed Quinn, Kron Moore, Paige Hurd and Daniel Croix Henderson, will begin principal photography this summer at Tyler Perry Studios.

Written, directed and executive produced by Perry, The Oval will introduce viewers to the new first family moving into the White House. This picture-perfect couple has it all! Money, status, and pure bliss flank the Mr. & Mrs. However, behind closed doors, they are anything but flawless. With lies, cheating and messy mayhem running amuck, in the new scripted series, we see next level corruption up close and way too personal, directly from the White House. Please believe, you could not write this… but Tyler did

Quinn will play Hunter Franklin, the newly elected President of The United States.

Moore will play Victoria Franklin, the First Lady of the United States. Her husband has just been elected President.

Hurd will play Gayle Franklin, the beautiful and spoiled daughter of the President and First Lady. She is a wild child who is rebellious and defiant.

Henderson will play Jason Franklin, the son of The President and First Lady. He is a troubled young man.

Michelle Sneed will also serve as Executive Producer of the series for Tyler Perry Studios.

“I’ve been hard at work on The Oval and can’t wait to share this story with audiences,” said Perry. “I’ve set out to create a show that tells the story of a family placed in the White House by people of power while also highlighting the personal side and everyday lives of the staff who run the inner workings of the nation’s most iconic residence.

https://deadline.com/2019/06/tyler-perry-white-house-drama-series-the-oval-bet-1202635696/

Sounds familiar - I'll pass. Tyler Perry synonymous with crap

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

Survived 3 episodes and gave up on that

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,261 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Slydice wrote: »
    Loved the idea, visuals and some of the characters it but the story was a bit meandering to keep my hooked properly.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,691 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

Yellowstone renewed for a 3rd season by Paramount Network.

Sawyer (Josh Holloway) joins the cast.

https://deadline.com/2019/06/yellowstone-renewed-season-3-paramount-network-josh-holloway-joins-cast-1202633866/

I wonder how peeved an actor gets if they see something like that. Like I do have a real name at least put it first. I get why you did it but top be known just really for 1 character and that is if you watched Lost

• Closed Accounts Posts: 297 ✭✭Starfleet Student

I wonder how peeved an actor gets if they see something like that. Like I do have a real name at least put it first. I get why you did it but top be known just really for 1 character and that is if you watched Lost

I think of Hurley the same way whenever I see him in anything even 5 O he will always be Hurley to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

Nody wrote: »
    Loved the idea, visuals and some of the characters it but the story was a bit meandering to keep my hooked properly.

I thought it had multiple stories. Agree, the main one was the most weak and a bit daft.

Felt like they got through with it and could turn and focus on some of the stronger ones.. but I guess not.

• Advertisement

Advertisement