Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Breaky Bitcoin Blues

Options
1111213141517»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

When you say don't go all in, what duration should you leave between buys (Daily , weekly, Monthly).

I have been averaging into BnB for a while and that's done well apart from the last few days. Its being burned this weekend so not sure how that will affect the price.

On other coins I have a bad habit of buying the news.
    I've lost on Link, LTC and BTC.

Losing on LINK any time in the past two years is astounding.

I try to buy when FUDshillers are shítting on a project and the price is collapsing but nothing negative of note has happened. Any Reddit anti-shilling against LINK is almost unanimously agreed upon as a move by 4chan shills to help load their bags cheap. They've been very successful at this.
    "Oh but it's just a simple JSON parser" - FUDshill
    Oh right - then it'll be easily replicated and Google wouldn't bother tweeting about it. It would have a lot of competition, naturally, if it was easy to do.
    *looks around for competition*
    None.

When I say don't go all-in, I mean never ever think of moving all funds to one coin (I'm almost betraying this because I have most of my bags in ETH but I have a thing for projects that might actually be useful longterm and have an amazingly active community). You start getting too hopeful if you go all-in some shítcoin, then you overextend yourself. Have had friends fall for the worst of the worst and seen their initial capital reduce to 0.02% of what they put in because a smaller cap looked promising.
    tuxy wrote: »
    I had some bitcoin in a wallet that I hadn't checked in ages, not much but I'm up a few hundred now. What's the best way to cash out in for someone living in Ireland?

Kraken.
    Arrival wrote: »
    It's just hard to believe it being possible at all

Fair enough. Sorry if you thought I was picking a hole, just more of me thinking "It really could go anywhere"
    $3k BTC wouldn't surprise me - as seen yesterday, the market is crazy illiquid and when those moves happen the whales involved likely end up owning more of the capital they need to make those moves happen. The next 6 months could be a rise, or it could deflate downwards like the last 18 but at a faster rate. People who've held through the last 18 months and felt that crypto-depression could have had that glimmer of hope waved in their faces and then watch another 70% drop - what would the average person do?
    Most would sell, and that's all the minority of good traders need to know.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭Pintman Paddy Losty

I offloaded my 5 bitcoin at 12000. Any advice on when to buy back in?

My model suggests it will drop to 8. Hover there and be at 14 around 12/13 of September.

My model suggests it will drop to 8. Hover there and be at 14 around 12/13 of September.

If you think (or the model thinks) it'll drop to 8k, buy in or scale in from 10k to 8.5k. Inherently much less risky, not much more gain if your model proves true, still got most of the upside.

• Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭vargoo

Model.....

Whale I was chatting to said it's going to 3755 until next year

vargoo wrote: »
    Model.....

Whale I was chatting to said it's going to 3755 until next year

Don't trust any whale or PPL. Both could be right or wrong. Coinflip.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭adam88

Can be half part of coins or is it all traded in full coins. I’ve two that were bought she’s ago by s friend. Woudknt even know how to sell them lol. He looks after that for me and before he saying it. I trust him lol

adam88 wrote: »
    Can be half part of coins or is it all traded in full coins. I’ve two that were bought she’s ago by s friend. Woudknt even know how to sell them lol. He looks after that for me and before he saying it. I trust him lol

Uhm. You sound like you're having a good night. ENJOY!

You can sell fractions of most coins unless it's an ERC20 token that has specified otherwise. It's up to the exchange with BTC but you could theoretically sell to 100 millionth of a bitcoin if it was worth it to the exchange (it currently isn't).

grindle wrote: »
    Uhm. You sound like you're having a good night. ENJOY!

You can sell fractions of most coins unless it's an ERC20 token that has specified otherwise. It's up to the exchange with BTC but you could theoretically sell to 100 millionth of a bitcoin if it was worth it to the exchange (it currently isn't).

I genuinely don’t have a clue what i typed there. Must have been the excitement of maybe becoming a millionaire lol

adam88 wrote: »
    I genuinely don’t have a clue what i typed there. Must have been the excitement of maybe becoming a millionaire lol

It really does read like somebody who just made a million but on LSD.

Autocorrect while drunk is a helluvadrug

grindle wrote: »
    It really does read like somebody who just made a million but on LSD.

Autocorrect while drunk is a helluvadrug

I’m not even drunk. Doing three tasks at the same time lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭hernie

Arrival wrote: »
    Such a ridiculous statement from someone who's actually divested FIAT into this, I would've thought people would do basic research before parting with their money which would get them past the dumb ass Ponzi and pyramid scheme ****, but here I am proven wrong lol. If you actually think it's a ponzi/pyramid scheme by the way not only are you dumb but you're a scumbag for jumping in trying to make money off of stupid people as you say, same way anyone involved in any pyramid scheme preying on stupid people is a scumbag.

Watch this in its entirety and come back to your post here. It's 40 minutes but very easy watching, you need to actually look at the video too not just play it half assedly in the background. It's a must watch for anyone who actually has an interest in the industry:

Any idea why this video is not available anymore?

Advertisement