Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Breaky Bitcoin Blues

Options
11112131416

Comments

  • Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle


    rapul wrote: »
    And paddy your model, don't make me laugh that's the funniest **** I've heard in a while!

    His model allowed him to buy BTC <4k and magically guessed that Tether would print $2b more so he'd get gains despite his pure belief that it's all going to zero. Crazy model, but it must be true! Who on earth would lie? On the internet? Surely not.


  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭q85dw7osi4lebg


    Pub opens in 10 minutes pintman off with you


  • Registered Users Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭rapul


    grindle wrote: »
    His model allowed him to buy BTC <4k and magically guessed that Tether would print $2b more so he'd get gains despite his pure belief that it's all going to zero. Crazy model, but it must be true! Who on earth would lie? On the internet? Surely not.

    Sure he must be a millionaire at this stage in the Bahamas, but wasting time on this forum when so rich, bizarre indeed!


  • Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash


    grindle wrote: »
    His model allowed him to buy BTC <4k and magically guessed that Tether would print $2b more so he'd get gains despite his pure belief that it's all going to zero. Crazy model, but it must be true! Who on earth would lie? On the internet? Surely not.

    When Tether prints more money the price of bitcoin goes up. Simples. And when the Finex/Tether dudes need money then they sell bitcoin and crash the price. No institutional money, no whales etc. Just plain old fashioned fraud that requires gimps to throw real fiat in to buy digital assets that they can buy using fake money. Great great scam.


  • Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle


    rapul wrote: »
    Sure he must be a millionaire at this stage in the Bahamas, but wasting time on this forum when so rich, bizarre indeed!

    He'll make his billions reverse shilling whoever in this forum takes him seriously - sher we're all gullible twits so he can take our money and that's grand because it's all a ponzi-scam he's happy to take part in. Legit moral compass, very above-board kind of guy.
    Just plain old fashioned fraud that requires gimps to throw real fiat in to buy digital assets that they can buy using fake money. Great great scam.

    Careful now, you've just called your bezzie a gimp. I won't argue, but you said it.


  • Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash


    rapul wrote: »
    Sure he must be a millionaire at this stage in the Bahamas, but wasting time on this forum when so rich, bizarre indeed!

    I’ve met Paddy. He has plenty of money. Drives an Audi the size of a small ship, has the teeth whitened, plays golf in a fancy club, spends a small fortune on sniff and hookers, corporate seat in the Aviva. Vulgar sort, but I’m sure he would have enough spare change to buy 15 or 20 bitcoins.


  • Registered Users Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭rapul


    I’ve met Paddy. He has plenty of money. Drives an Audi the size of a small ship, has the teeth whitened, plays golf in a fancy club, spends a small fortune on sniff and hookers, corporate seat in the Aviva. Vulgar sort, but I’m sure he would have enough spare change to buy 15 or 20 bitcoins.

    This is comical


  • Closed Accounts Posts: 779 ✭✭✭Arrival


    dotsman wrote: »
    Arrival wrote: »
    Such a ridiculous statement from someone who's actually divested FIAT into this, I would've thought people would do basic research before parting with their money which would get them past the dumb ass Ponzi and pyramid scheme ****, but here I am proven wrong lol. If you actually think it's a ponzi/pyramid scheme by the way not only are you dumb but you're a scumbag for jumping in trying to make money off of stupid people as you say, same way anyone involved in any pyramid scheme preying on stupid people is a scumbag.

    Watch this in its entirety and come back to your post here. It's 40 minutes but very easy watching, you need to actually look at the video too not just play it half assedly in the background. It's a must watch for anyone who actually has an interest in the industry:

    When one invests in shares, they are buying something that has an underlying value (a little piece of a company that owns assets) that is generating wealth (profits). Yes, there is a small element of speculation regarding price, but it is investing in something tangible.

    Similarly, when investing in property, they are buying something that has an underlying value (land/building) that is generating wealth (rent). Yes, there is a small element of speculation regarding price, but it is investing in something tangible.

    Hell, even if you trade in Gold/commodities, there is an underlying asset with value.

    Bitcoin et al are currencies. And very bad ones at that. The main points that people use when expressing their love for crypto are also the reason why it can never work. A currency needs government backing -until it is legal tender, it is merely a sideshow. It needs strict regulation - right now, the land of cryptos is the financial wild west. It needs central bank interference - as long as it is fluctuating wildly, it is useless as a currency.

    Ultimately, cryptos have no underlying value. The price they are been traded at reflects 100% speculation and nothing more. And, while not strictly a pyramid scheme in the traditional sense, that's the closest common term that people understand (it is more a series of pyramids). And if you can't see that, then you need to cash out immediately and stay away.

    P.S. Calling people names because they know what they are doing is a little silly. "Bigging up" something that you are invested in, however, is a very scumbag thing to do and, in regulated environments, is illegal.

    Lmao pathetic


  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭q85dw7osi4lebg


    Bulls lets all stick to the excited thread, will only wind yourself up reading the tripe in here.


  • Closed Accounts Posts: 779 ✭✭✭Arrival


    Bulls lets all stick to the excited thread, will only wind yourself up reading the tripe in here.

    Not even getting winded up, I did back in 2016 and 2017 when I first started dipping and a bit of last year during the bear market but now I find posts like this amusing. Like with all of the information out there people still choose to remain ignorant and talk with absolute confidence like they're experts. We're probably going to to go $100k+ and crash back down to <$50k, but still stay above $20k, and these people will still be saying "see, told you it was a bubble and it's going to zero". How many cycles of it will they go through before they realise the opportunity they missed out on haha


  • Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭q85dw7osi4lebg


    Arrival wrote: »
    Not even getting winded up, I did back in 2016 and 2017 when I first started dipping and a bit of last year during the bear market but now I find posts like this amusing. Like with all of the information out there people still choose to remain ignorant and talk with absolute confidence like they're experts. We're probably going to to go $100k+ and crash back down to <$50k, but still stay above $20k, and these people will still be saying "see, told you it was a bubble and it's going to zero". How many cycles of it will they go through before they realise the opportunity they missed out on haha

    True enough re missed opportunities, the price has doubled since this thread was started.

    Sep 10, 2018

    Open 6,301.57
    High 6,374.98
    Low 6,292.76
    Close 6,329.70


  • Registered Users Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭Pintman Paddy Losty


    grindle wrote: »
    His model allowed him to buy BTC <4k and magically guessed that Tether would print $2b more so he'd get gains despite his pure belief that it's all going to zero. Crazy model, but it must be true! Who on earth would lie? On the internet? Surely not.

    Not that hard to predict actually.

    This whole bull runs started after Bitfinex had their money seized by the authorities for being involved in a criminal enterprise. They need BTC to go up so that suckers will FOMO in with real money and they can fill their reserves.

    Once I saw that money being seized I knew the ol tether printing machine would fire up in to overdrive. And as usual I was right. Glad I made a few pound out of this wretched eco system.


  • Registered Users Posts: 512 ✭✭✭Frozen Veg


    Bulls lets all stick to the excited thread, will only wind yourself up reading the tripe in here.

    Yeah not sure there was any real value moving this thread to here.


  • Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash


    Not that hard to predict actually.

    This whole bull runs started after Bitfinex had their money seized by the authorities for being involved in a criminal enterprise. They need BTC to go up so that suckers will FOMO in with real money and they can fill their reserves.

    Once I saw that money being seized I knew the ol tether printing machine would fire up in to overdrive. And as usual I was right. Glad I made a few pound out of this wretched eco system.

    Correctamundo, Paddy. You wouldn’t need to be Einstein to see what’s causing the price rise. It’s another shakedown.


  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭q85dw7osi4lebg


    Has anyone ever seen Pintman and Johnny in the name room at the same time ?


  • Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash


    Has anyone ever seen Pintman and Johnny in the name room at the same time ?

    Two different people, Stew. This has been pointed out a number of times.


  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭q85dw7osi4lebg


    Two different people, Stew. This has been pointed out a number of times.

    Prove it


  • Registered Users Posts: 35,816 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde


    I feel like I've missed out 20 times lol. I'd have had money to buy a few at 3k but my issue is I have no clue how to!
    I have zero clue about the how and the why.


  • Registered Users Posts: 35,816 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde


    I'll have to wait for the next crash to 2k to try again.


  • Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle


    I feel like I've missed out 20 times lol. I'd have had money to buy a few at 3k but my issue is I have no clue how to!
    I have zero clue about the how and the why.

    Whether the timing is right or not is up to you, but sign up @ Kraken, SEPA transfer to Kraken, buy whatever you want.

    As to why - depends on what you think may be useful. If you think none of it's useful and never could be, don't buy it.


  • Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,352 ✭✭✭xckjoo


    Do any of the BTC faithful have a response to the pump-and-dump claims? I've seen it mentioned a few times on different platforms now but don't follow cryptocurrencies enough to know one way or the other


  • Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle


    xckjoo wrote: »
    Do any of the BTC faithful have a response to the pump-and-dump claims? I've seen it mentioned a few times on different platforms now but don't follow cryptocurrencies enough to know one way or the other

    They/we all recognise it as a thing, the whole space is hugely manipulated.
    Bartlines are in no way organic, but liquidity is bad enough that it's easy to make happen with relatively little money.
    adaV0b6.jpg


  • Closed Accounts Posts: 779 ✭✭✭Arrival


    I'll have to wait for the next crash to 2k to try again.

    Best of luck with that, we'd be lucky to see <$10k again the way things are going and if we do it'd stay on the closer side to $10k


  • Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭adam88


    I feel like I've missed out 20 times lol. I'd have had money to buy a few at 3k but my issue is I have no clue how to!
    I have zero clue about the how and the why.

    I think few of us are in the same boat. It’s eaiser to buy now but the price is bananas.


  • Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle


    Arrival wrote: »
    Best of luck with that, we'd be lucky to see <$10k again the way things are going and if we do it'd stay on the closer side to $10k

    Written about an hour before it peaked - still that confident about $10k holding?

    It's only 5 days since it broke $10k. Given the lack of retail hype this time around I'd expect it to vacillate over and under $10k for a bit. Retail types are waiting for the "it's on for sure this time" signal - they love seeing the ATH get crossed over and paying a 10-20% premium, then FOMO in because everybody chats about $500k this cycle. Then it crashes long before it could ever get there.


  • Registered Users Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭stockshares


    grindle wrote: »
    Written about an hour before it peaked - still that confident about $10k holding?

    It's only 5 days since it broke $10k. Given the lack of retail hype this time around I'd expect it to vacillate over and under $10k for a bit. Retail types are waiting for the "it's on for sure this time" signal - they love seeing the ATH get crossed over and paying a 10-20% premium, then FOMO in because everybody chats about $500k this cycle. Then it crashes long before it could ever get there.

    That sounds like me :)


  • Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle


    That sounds like me :)

    As long as you stay aware of it, temper your feelings when trading.

    Use small amounts of your stack to make sidebets, NEVER go all-in on a ****coin - the likelihood you've made the wrong call is >95%.

    I got absolutely fúcked in 2018 (edit: in fiat terms, still expect an upswing) and ETH's the most promising project in the whole space (as a project, not as a money spinner in comparison to Bitcoin).
    My tea leaves have suffered from crypto-rot.


  • Registered Users Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭stockshares


    grindle wrote: »
    As long as you stay aware of it, temper your feelings when trading.

    Use small amounts of your stack to make sidebets, NEVER go all-in on a ****coin - the likelihood you've made the wrong call is >95%.

    I got absolutely fúcked in 2018 (edit: in fiat terms, still expect an upswing) and ETH's the most promising project in the whole space (as a project, not as a money spinner in comparison to Bitcoin).
    My tea leaves have suffered from crypto-rot.

    When you say don't go all in, what duration should you leave between buys (Daily , weekly, Monthly).

    I have been averaging into BnB for a while and that's done well apart from the last few days. Its being burned this weekend so not sure how that will affect the price.

    On other coins I have a bad habit of buying the news.
    I've lost on Link, LTC and BTC.


  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy


    I had some bitcoin in a wallet that I hadn't checked in ages, not much but I'm up a few hundred now. What's the best way to cash out in for someone living in Ireland?


  • Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 779 ✭✭✭Arrival


    grindle wrote: »
    Arrival wrote: »
    Best of luck with that, we'd be lucky to see <$10k again the way things are going and if we do it'd stay on the closer side to $10k

    Written about an hour before it peaked - still that confident about $10k holding?

    It's only 5 days since it broke $10k. Given the lack of retail hype this time around I'd expect it to vacillate over and under $10k for a bit. Retail types are waiting for the "it's on for sure this time" signal - they love seeing the ATH get crossed over and paying a 10-20% premium, then FOMO in because everybody chats about $500k this cycle. Then it crashes long before it could ever get there.

    Yes, I did say if it does go below it it would stay on the closer to $10k side (~$7-9k) in response to that guy thinking it's going to simply crash to $3k like it's no big deal. On the other hand, I really am hoping for a dip to $7-9k to buy more, if it happened to go even lower I'd be even happier. It's just hard to believe it being possible at all


Advertisement