Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Rammstein, Belfast

• 25-06-2019 10:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,462 ✭✭✭

They're coming to Belfast but the date and venue have yet to be announced.

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,321 ✭✭✭sham69

Hopefully they add a Dublin date.
    I band I would hate to miss, stuning live..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,506 ✭✭✭bennyl10

Boucher road playing fields on June 17th 2020

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭lbj666

I thought that picking Belfast and not Dublin meant that they were planning an in the round show that would not work in 3arena.

Shame it's outdoors it will still be bright by the time it finishes. But that stage they have on the stadium tour is nuts.

I'm not sure about Dublin though, if they are using their own stage theyll find it hard to find a venue to let them do that ( that isn't croke park, Aviva or slane) most promoters just keep the same rent a stage for a series of gigs.

Can Rammstein for all their success could pull off two big outdoor shows on this island either.

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭ts_editor

65218285_2336967023183631_6330385055289966592_n.jpg?_nc_cat=102&_nc_oc=AQlwpijHCAxM6mf5dD3DdWdjt84rz6glGywsg7zk3uv43p8HooZqHhP6Y7se6cea51M&_nc_ht=scontent.fman2-1.fna&oh=9dd2504f7d62971847da17344c736398&oe=5DC04531

• Registered Users Posts: 675 ✭✭✭ILIKEFOOD

hard to see a Dublin date for aforementioned reasons. Don't think they did an NI gig in 2012?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,462 ✭✭✭Penfailed

They had a 'gif' on their page a couple of days ago that flashed up all the cities on the tour. Dublin wasn't one of them.

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

• Registered Users Posts: 21,098 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Penfailed wrote: »
    They had a 'gif' on their page a couple of days ago that flashed up all the cities on the tour. Dublin wasn't one of them.

They've also said that UK dates are to be announced, but Belfast is announced. Don't think Dublin will happen, but stranger things have happened.

Or else rammstein know more about a post-brexit political landscape that Belfast isn't part of the UK

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭Layne

Mushy wrote: »
    They've also said that UK dates are to be announced, but Belfast is announced.

Looks like we our first Download Festival 2020 headliner??!! Considering the dates announced its pretty much a dead cert I reckon...

Layne wrote: »
    Looks like we our first Download Festival 2020 headliner??!! Considering the dates announced its pretty much a dead cert I reckon...

Almost 100% you’d imagine.
    Which makes you wonder will there be any other UK dates, or is it download and done

Would explain why not announced now

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭poundhound

"most promoters just keep the same rent a stage for a series of gig".

This is not the case at any of the 3 venues mentioned (Aviva, Croke Park and Slane). AC/DC, Springsteen, The Stones, Metallica etc all brought their own stage sets.

Those smaller "pop up" stages tend to be used when there is multiple shows at the same venue i.e. Malahide Castle, Kilmainham etc.

• Advertisement

Layne wrote: »

Logically you would imagine so, but it seems it's a very different stage. And the festival would limit the amount of pyro they could use I'd say, considering proximity to the airport. So for those reasons, I'm saying no to download for them

• Registered Users Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

Logically you would imagine so, but it seems it's a very different stage. And the festival would limit the amount of pyro they could use I'd say, considering proximity to the airport. So for those reasons, I'm saying no to download for them

They played in 2016 and had a load of pyro

• Registered Users Posts: 962 ✭✭✭Burty330

Will this be an insta-sell out ? Want to go badly but its kinda hard getting people to make plans for something that is a year away.

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭ts_editor

Standing - £85.50
    Feuerzone - £101.50

• Registered Users Posts: 6,348 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Burty330 wrote: »
    Will this be an insta-sell out ? Want to go badly but its kinda hard getting people to make plans for something that is a year away.

Hard to say Muse with Biffy Clyro didn't sell out a few years back AFAIK and not sure if Foos still have tickets left for this Aug although they are doing a Dublin date too which is sold out.

D.Q wrote: »
    They played in 2016 and had a load of pyro

Yeah but this looks like a much larger scale tour than the regular festival stage. Plus I'd say UK dates are being held back for their one next week. Download likely won't announce for much longer either. Hell even Metallica were around at the time but they didn't do it!

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Just from watching live videos of their gig in Germany late last month, they've definitely stepped up their production.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

They've also said that UK dates are to be announced, but Belfast is announced. Don't think Dublin will happen, but stranger things have happened.

Or else rammstein know more about a post-brexit political landscape that Belfast isn't part of the UK

Where was this mentioned, from previous experience the Olympic Stadium in London would be a good fit.

Xenji wrote: »
    Where was this mentioned, from previous experience the Olympic Stadium in London would be a good fit.

It's in their Facebook post announcing the tour. Hard to know what way they'll do it. If they do Olympic stadium, I can't see them doing another show on that landmass. I can almost see two smaller stadiums, but could be way off

• Registered Users Posts: 740 ✭✭✭damianmcr

I see on the email from the band a different website than ticketmaster.

Which should I use?

Ive an easy morning next Fri in work and very likely be allowed to run out to buy the ticket from a seller. Do you think this is a better idea than sitting online?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,578 ✭✭✭Testament1

Did they sell out the show last time they played Dublin? Was abroad when they played so missed them. Definitely hitting Belfast for this. They're my main bucket list band and the stage production they have now looks insane!

Any pre-sale besides the official fan club I wonder?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

reckon it will be an instant sell out?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,826 ✭✭✭adocholiday

I am a dead cert for this one. Will travel to the mainland UK either if necessary

• Registered Users Posts: 17,375 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

Any update on the prices yet? I see mainland Europe prices from €68 to €150 for decent spots.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,890 ✭✭✭grimm2005

Seeing them in Milton Keynes next week and was initially in for Belfast but think a few of us are gonna try for the Berlin gig instead on 4th July 2020, on a Saturday so gonna make a weekend of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

ts_editor wrote: »
    Standing - £85.50
    Feuerzone - £101.50

Where did you see these prices?

Have to say I find it very strange how they're opening with Was Ich Liebe. Usually the opener is the first (anthem) track on the album bar a few tours i.e. for the Mutter tour it was 5/4 as the intro and Mein Herz Brennt. The LIFAD tour opened with Rammlied. I was sure they would be opening with Deutschland for this tour.

'Feurerzone' is gold circle?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

bennyl10 wrote: »

I'd say so. Getting sick of this "golden circle" more expensive ticket crap. At least it's not the "Golden Shower" circle although if Lindemann tours I wouldn't be surprised if they call it that :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,462 ✭✭✭Penfailed

bennyl10 wrote: »

Boucher Road Playing Fields usually have a pit but from past experience (Foo Fighters and Muse/Biffy) it was a first come first served thing rather than a pay more thing. In saying that, this year was the first time (that I'm aware of) that you had to pay extra for Slane to get into the pit so maybe it's the way things are going.

• Advertisement

Penfailed wrote: »
    Boucher Road Playing Fields usually have a pit but from past experience (Foo Fighters and Muse/Biffy) it was a first come first served thing rather than a pay more thing. In saying that, this year was the first time (that I'm aware of) that you had to pay extra for Slane to get into the pit so maybe it's the way things are going.

It depends on the artist really.
    Jovi had one st Slane also

I don’t see what else the extra charge could be for

Advertisement