Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boris Johnson in a bit of strife

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭bfa1509

My theory is that things were getting a little too passionate in the Johnson dept. and this is why he doesn't want to talk about it.

I can understand why, I don't want to talk about it either. Ever. Thx

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 36,787 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

bfa1509 wrote: »
    My theory is that things were getting a little too passionate in the Johnson dept. and this is why he doesn't want to talk about it.

I can understand why, I don't want to talk about it either. Ever. Thx

Can we not say Johnson dept? It doesn't exactly invoke pleasant images.

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

Amalgam wrote: »
    A female voice specifically asked the male to leave, to get the hell out.. loud enough that the neighbour was concerned, smashing plates etc..

So that means HE was abusive to HER??? FFS.

MrFresh wrote: »
    You've an odd idea of what a normal relationship is.

I suppose your ideal is like Mrs Bucket and Richard of "Keeping up Appearances" ?

One row where she shouted and roared at him and most likely threw plates at him - men rarely throw plates, that's typically a female thing to do - and he's the abuser. That's the world we live in now.

Presumably they have lived next door for months or years and this is the only incidence of an argument they have had - sounds like a very normal healthy relationship to me.

I don't care much for BJs politics but this is total BS.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,918 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

Can we not say Johnson dept? It doesn't exactly invoke pleasant images.

proxy.php?image=https%3A%2F%2Fy.yarn.co%2F8c7a22db-4645-4876-9ee9-ec5f13050200_text.gif&hash=957708baba0f5cb127fbbe11acff9461

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,420 ✭✭✭MrFresh

I suppose your ideal is like Mrs Bucket and Richard of "Keeping up Appearances" ?

One row where she shouted and roared at him and most likely threw plates at him - men rarely throw plates, that's typically a female thing to do - and he's the abuser. That's the world we live in now.

Presumably they have lived next door for months or years and this is the only incidence of an argument they have had - sounds like a very normal healthy relationship to me.

I don't care much for BJs politics but this is total BS.

I've never roared at my wife and neither of us have ever thrown plates. Same for my parents. I'd consider that normal and healthy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

• Registered Users Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭splinter65

I've never roared at my wife and neither of us have ever thrown plates. Same for my parents. I'd consider that normal and healthy.

Happily married 23 years in September. Plenty of roaring shouting screaming cups and plates thrown, small tables upended, doors slammed cars revved..no neighbor ever called the Garda, all forgotten about tomorrow. Normal adult relationship .

RasTa wrote: »

So what? No, honestly, a couple of adults have a few too many at the end of a stressful week, a fight breaks out, some stuff gets broken, the police come, both reassure the police that all is well.
    What do you want to happen now?

splinter65 wrote: »
    Happily married 23 years in September. Plenty of roaring shouting screaming cups and plates thrown, small tables upended, doors slammed cars revved..no neighbor ever called the Garda, all forgotten about tomorrow. Normal adult relationship .

No it isn't.

• Advertisement

No it isn't.

There is absolutely nothing normal about it, in any way. If anyone roared, screamed or broke things around me in an argument it would be a permanent exit.

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭frosty123

Get off me...doesn' t neccessarly mean abuse...they could have been having the craic or even kinky sex

This stinks of a stitch up

• Registered Users Posts: 15,176 ✭✭✭✭ILoveYourVibes

Stheno wrote: »
    Poor Boris appears to have had a ferocious row with his latest squeeze which resulted in neighbours calling the police.

His fellow Tories are not impressed. Will this impact his leadership bid?
    I actually don't think so.

Its just among Tories themselves.

I am not even sure of the details of what happened.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,466 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

frosty123 wrote: »
    Get off me...doesn' t neccessarly mean abuse...they could have been having the craic or even kinky sex

and get out of my flat.

Bit hard to have sex kinky or otherwise if the other person is outside.

A man that cannot run his own home ...cannot run a country.

So that means HE was abusive to HER??? FFS.
    She said get off me and get out of my flat. Allegedly.

She is not talking now though.

Really bad week for the Tories.

First Mark Field ..Now Boris.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,032 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

Media Storm versus Stuff that people actually care about.

Nobody cares about this non story other than the media and political opponents. People who will go out and vote couldn't give the remotest horse manure about this.

The media are still bewildered as to why they are being labelled the Enemy of the People.

No it isn't.

When did someone give you a white coat and tell you that you personally and without any qualifications could decide what constituted a normal adult relationship?

Media Storm versus Stuff that people actually care about.

Nobody cares about this non story other than the media and political opponents. People who will go out and vote couldn't give the remotest horse manure about this.

The media are still bewildered as to why they are being labelled the Enemy of the People.

Would you not be concerned?

Would you not be worried he was attacking her? She shouted get off me and get out of my flat.

There were things banging and a neighbor was either so fed up of the noise or worried they called the police.

Candie wrote: »
    There is absolutely nothing normal about it, in any way. If anyone roared, screamed or broke things around me in an argument it would be a permanent exit.

How long have you been married candie and how many kids have you got?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭Still waters

Boggles wrote: »
    and get out of my flat.

Bit hard to have sex kinky or otherwise if the other person is outside.

her flat is a euphemism for her vagina

WOW

Now other neighbors are cooperating the first man's story. Two other separate neighbors have backed up his account.

They say it was like someone was being murdered.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/jun/23/boris-johnson-more-neighbours-confirm-tear-up-with-partner-carrie-symonds?CMP=twt_gu&utm_medium=&utm_source=Twitter#Echobox=1561291141
    Two others back up Tom Penn’s account, one of whom ‘thought someone was being murdered’
    Tom Penn went public on Saturday as the neighbour who had recorded the argument in the early hours of Friday morning. He said he had dialled 999 because he had been “frightened and concerned for the welfare of those involved”.

Penn, who has lived in his south London flat with his wife for just over a year, said he contacted the police only as a last resort after knocking three times at the couple’s front door.

Symonds can be heard on Penn’s recording telling Johnson, 55, to “get off me” and “get out of my flat”.

They can't all be leftists.

I bet Boris Johnson regrets saying Mark Field should be Knighted now.

He has blown it. They can't make this guy leader ...he has ruined his career.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,348 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

It really isn't!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 36,787 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

How long have you been married candie and how many kids have you got?

On that subject, do we know how many kids Johnson has?

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Does he even? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 25,348 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

4 with his ex wife.

1 with a woman he had an affair with which he tried to keep under wraps until a court decided it could be reported on.

Strong rumours he has another secret love child.

When did someone give you a white coat and tell you that you personally and without any qualifications could decide what constituted a normal adult relationship?

A white coat? Doesn't take a scientist to know that smashing things in an argument is not normal.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,378 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

Stheno wrote: »
    Does he even? :pac:
    According to Wiki, he has five!

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

Lol. I've been with my partner for over 12 years and we've never thrown plates, upended tables or smashed cups during an argument.

It's really not a normal relationship for any of the above to happen. What are you throwing plates for?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement