Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boris Johnson in a bit of strife

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭Franz Von Peppercorn II

Neighbour definitely a remainder. And scum.

Which is scummier - recording this or doing it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭Auguste Comte

If they rang the police then the safety part was covered. And maybe his career should be destroyed for such things. No harm doing both.

Jasus I'm no apologist for the tories or anything they have ever done but, just like protesting outside Harris's home, recording your neighbours having a barney and then giving the recording to the press is just a scummy thing to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,466 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

Just further evidence of what an absolute Fúcktard Britain have to look forward to.

He won't be in the door of Downing Street 10 minutes and he will either kill the cat or burn the place down.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

What do you think it was? And are you just throwing out accusations now to muddy the waters?

“The Metropolitan Police told the BBC it "spoke to all occupants of the address, who were all safe and well".”

Maybe she has hurt feelings?

Doesn't matter what I think it was, the very same as it doesn't matter what you think it was no matter how much you yearn for it to be something. We'll find out soon enough what it actually was.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭Sonny noggs

It was only a heated argument? Proof please.

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-48721211

“The Metropolitan Police told the BBC it "spoke to all occupants of the address, who were all safe and well".”

Both shouting. Wow.

• Advertisement

Doesn't matter what I think it was, the very same as it doesn't matter what you think it was no matter how much you yearn for it to be something. We'll find out soon enough what it actually was.

Good luck with that.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,020 ✭✭✭Call me Al

Yeah if you want to destroy his career. No other legitimate reason for providing the recording to the Guardian. That had nothing to do with the neighbour being concerned for the lady’s safety.

If he's an abuser then people should know before they go and put him into the highest political position in the country.
    He should have no issue with this recording coming into the public domain if he hasn't done anything wrong.
    This is all on him. He gets to own his own s#¡t if there is any, so don't shoot the messenger.

I can't see it making any difference, if you're mad enough to like and trust him in the first place why would you stop now

Thing is, he is by temperament a remainer himself. Be funny if Johnson came to power and stopped Brexit.

Which is scummier - recording this or doing it?

Doing what exactly? Having a heated argument?

• I can't believe the leading candidate in the Tory party is a lowlife thug.

PS: Wonderful timing. Not suspicious at all, at all.

• Advertisement

Call me Al wrote: »
    If he's an abuser then people should know before they go and put him into the highest political position in the country.
    He should have no issue with this recording coming into the public domain if he hasn't done anything wrong.
    This is all on him. He gets to own his own s#¡t if there is any, so don't shoot the messenger.

*ucked up world where he now has to prove that he isn’t an ‘abuser’ because some busy body recorded his heated argument.

Doing what exactly? Having a heated argument?

Well the brexiters are worried about the recording so you tell me?

(Why are there brexiters in Ireland anyway?).

I can't believe the leading candidate in the Tory party is a lowlife thug.

Proof please?

Proof please?

Maybe someone will present proof, if there is any, once you present the certain proof you seem to have that there wasn't anything in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,918 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

I can't see it making any difference, if you're mad enough to like and trust him in the first place why would you stop now

Yeah Tory grassroots surely knew before this that they're not getting the next Anne Widdecombe. If there's nothing more to come out it'll go down as just another episode in BoJo's colourful personal life...

Maybe someone will present proof, if there is any, once you present the certain proof you seem to have that there wasn't anything in it.

So no proof that he is an ‘abuser’ or ‘lowlife thug’ or that the neighbour leaked it for her ‘safety’ as someone naively claimed.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 36,787 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-48721211

Both shouting. Wow.

Well, fair play to the neighbour for intervening in case it got serious then.

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

So no proof that he is an ‘abuser’ or ‘lowlife thug’ or that the neighbour leaked it for her ‘safety’ as someone naively claimed.

So where's your proof he's not?

Well, fair play to the neighbour for intervening in case it got serious then.

Still claiming the neighbour leaked the recording for her ‘safety’?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 36,787 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Still claiming the neighbour leaked the recording for her ‘safety’?

I never made that claim. I said they made the recording for that reason.

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,466 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

Poor woman, Boris probably has gotten someone else pregnant.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,349 ✭✭✭Jimmy Garlic

I wonder if Comrade Corbyn was couchsurfing next door . Having a bit of a Barney with his missus? That's it ! Definitive proof that he is the reincarnation of Adolf Hitler.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Boggles wrote: »
    Poor woman, Boris probably has gotten someone else pregnant.

Worse he spilt wine on the sofa

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭Amalgam

A female voice specifically asked the male to leave, to get the hell out.. loud enough that the neighbour was concerned, smashing plates etc..

• I've said it before many times: the best thing is for Johnson, Rees-Mogg and Farage to be in power now, where they will have to act like grown ups and make decisions which will destroy their current ideologically pure stance. The worst thing would be to have them sniping in the background with "I told you so" at every turn. We need somebody to discredit them, and there would be nobody better than themselves in power to do that.

Joseph Nye, and many, many others, have written extensively about how bringing radical or "extreme" elements into power serves to deradicalise them and strip them of an ideological purity they could eternally claim in permanent opposition. Witness Paisley for decades here, doing precisely the same (in fact, more) in power that he condemned the UUP for doing over the course of decades. Likewise, Sinn Féin as the largest party in DCC could no longer blame everybody else for the problems in Dublin and people realised it and their vote went down.

So, hopefully Boris/Jacob/Nigel will lead the next British English government.

• Maybe someone will present proof, if there is any, once you present the certain proof you seem to have that there wasn't anything in it.

My head hurts.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭Snotty

Consenting adults in the privicy of their own home, having a heated discussion is completely normal, myself and my other half have heated arguments occasionally and we are not under the huge pressure that those two are, thankfully there are no idiots outside recording in the hope of catching something that can be used against us.

I have no affinity for Boris and the leave side, but I get a nice warm feeling seeing the disappointment in some people when pathetic attempts like this gain no traction and they jumping up and down like 3yr olds being ignored.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,592 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

NIMAN wrote: »
    Boris is that far ahead of Hunt that he would need to be caught on video dragging his partner's dead body into a shallow grave at the bottom of the garden in the middle of the night for Hunt to have any chance of catching him.

Ha, I bet you anything it wouldn't matter to 90% of Brexiteers

My head hurts.

Anything to add?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Oops69

So the 'high- Brow' Guardian can jump in to the realm of the gutter press as quickly as the rest of them ... tells more about the Guardian than anything else .

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement