Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ghost Trump Accused of Sexual Assault

Options
  • 22-06-2019 9:08am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,969 ✭✭✭

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2019/jun/21/donald-trump-sexual-assault-allegation-e-jean-carroll-new-york-latest-accusation

In an article promoting a new book, the writer E Jean Caroll said Trump raped her in a shopping centre dressing room in the 1990s. There's is nothing other than her own anecdote to back up this claim.

The article even has the following quote;

"In Carroll’s New York magazine article – an extract from her new book, What Do We Need Men For? – she lays out a long personal history of unpleasant and at times violent encounters with those she collectively denounces as “hideous men”. Shortly after the incident with Trump, she alleges she was sexually molested in an elevator by Les Moonves, then chairman and CEO of the CBS Corporation, after she had interviewed him for Esquire magazine in 1997."

This woman is pure destruction to the plight of genuine rape victims yet the two influential publishers do not even try to qualify her claims or focus on the fact that there is a rule of law and due process to be observed so such claims are just that until fully investigated by the relevant authorities. The "balance" to the article is Trump's twitter response rather than a rational thinking person's response to reading the claims of this woman.

I feel like Frank Grimes in Homer Simpson's world. And to utilise another Simpson's reference;

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 727 ✭✭✭InTheShadows

Show me the money.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

What Do We Need Men For?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭Sonny noggs

I see her described online as a ‘radical feminist’. Say no more.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,063 ✭✭✭riemann

These money grabbing attention seekers are making life much more difficult for genuine victims of sexual assault.

What Do We Need Men For?

Getting rid of spiders?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,716 ✭✭✭jam_mac_jam

Getting rid of spiders?

Opening jars

Opening jars

Especially jam jars

• Registered Users Posts: 926 ✭✭✭Icaras

Especially jam jars

That's my jam, it's not for wimen!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,015 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Icaras wrote: »

When you get a key fact in the first paragraph wrong, it undermines the rest of your post.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Trump himself said he likes to grab women by the p***y so it's hardly surprising someone would back up his claim.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,969 ✭✭✭Assetbacked

everlast75 wrote: »
    When you get a key fact in the first paragraph wrong, it undermines the rest of your post.

You wish. Presume you also sniff seats?

Icaras wrote: »

No one said the woman should eat the jam, but she needs the jar open to make the sandwiches...

• Registered Users Posts: 19,015 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

You wish. Presume you also sniff seats?

What the **** are you talking about?

You were wrong in your opening post. Replying with a juvenile jibe doesn't change that.

Try again.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭bodice ripper

What Do We Need Men For?

In my life they largely provide emotional support, helping me pick outfits, and make me fancy dinner. Fact.

Trump himself said he likes to grab women by the p***y so it's hardly surprising someone would back up his claim.

Wouldn’t call someone coming out of the woodwork decades later and years after his comment was made public ‘backing up his claim’. If I didn’t know better I’d think she had a book to sell... oh wait, she has.

You know Icarus is not the OP, right?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

In my life they largely provide emotional support, helping me pick outfits, and make me fancy dinner. Fact.
    its a long way from emotional support and fancy dinners you were reared !!

What the **** are you talking about?

You were wrong in your opening post. Replying with a juvenile jibe doesn't change that.

Try again.

Read the posters name and read the name of the poster on the opening post.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭bodice ripper

its a long way from emotional support and fancy dinners you were reared !!

No, but I am a long way from where I was reared, so good of them to step up.

• Registered Users Posts: 819 ✭✭✭EDit

Maybe I’m not “woke” enough or just too old for this ****, but why is he called Ghost Trump?

• Advertisement

EDit wrote: »
    Maybe I’m not “woke” enough or just too old for this ****, but why is he called Ghost Trump?

Because it didn't happen...

• Registered Users Posts: 13,505 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

Read a bit about her, sounds like a nutter

• Registered Users Posts: 2,705 ✭✭✭Sunny Disposition

Believe women.
    Whether it happened or not is unimportant..

• Registered Users Posts: 23,673 ✭✭✭✭One eyed Jack

This woman is pure destruction to the plight of genuine rape victims yet the two influential publishers do not even try to qualify her claims or focus on the fact that there is a rule of law and due process to be observed so such claims are just that until fully investigated by the relevant authorities. The "balance" to the article is Trump's twitter response rather than a rational thinking person's response to reading the claims of this woman.

How exactly is this woman pure destruction to the plight of what you call genuine rape victims?

I don’t imagine people who have been raped share a hive mind. They’re still very much individuals, and so I don’t imagine this woman is representative of all people who have been raped.

You read the claims of this woman, so looking back on it now, do you still think your response was that of a rational thinking person? I don’t. You’re jumping the gun there in accusing her of being pure destruction to genuine rape victims, instead of acknowledging that she too has the right of due process -

Due process is the legal requirement that the state must respect all legal rights that are owed to a person. Due process balances the power of law of the land and protects the individual person from it. When a government harms a person without following the exact course of the law, this constitutes a due process violation, which offends the rule of law.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,105 ✭✭✭Kivaro

Originally Posted by everlast75 viewpost.gif
    You know Icarus is not the OP, right?
    Ah, that doesn't matter.
    There is outrage, and the poster needs to express that outrage. And this was a rush to outrage; irrespective of the facts/truth.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,969 ✭✭✭Assetbacked

How exactly is this woman pure destruction to the plight of what you call genuine rape victims?

I don’t imagine people who have been raped share a hive mind. They’re still very much individuals, and so I don’t imagine this woman is representative of all people who have been raped.

You read the claims of this woman, so looking back on it now, do you still think your response was that of a rational thinking person? I don’t. You’re jumping the gun there in accusing her of being pure destruction to genuine rape victims, instead of acknowledging that she too has the right of due process -

Due process is the legal requirement that the state must respect all legal rights that are owed to a person. Due process balances the power of law of the land and protects the individual person from it. When a government harms a person without following the exact course of the law, this constitutes a due process violation, which offends the rule of law.

What due process should she be afforded when she hasn't and won't report this to the police? She is not required to be afforded due process when she solely spews this allegation into the media. As such, she gets the cynical and dismissive reaction she deserves from those with common sense.

By contrast, what due process is Trump afforded for a media publication to publish the unsubstantiated accusations that he is a rapist from someone who has not filled a police report and is coincidentally releasing a book with this anecdote?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,292 ✭✭✭✭branie2

No doubt he'll dismiss it as "fake news"

• Registered Users Posts: 15,176 ✭✭✭✭ILoveYourVibes

Of course its true.

The man has been accused of sexual assault an drape numerous times. He has admitted to sexually assaulting women.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭BeerWolf

You're a monster. Nothing more torturous for men, to be dragged out on one of your clothes shopping escapades. :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

Cooper didn't know what to say :p
    Carrol: I think most people think of rape as being sexy!
    Cooper: Lets take a short break!
    Carrol: Think of the fantasies...
    Cooper: We're ju gonna... a quick break.. if you can sticka round..
    Carrol: You're fascinating to talk to.

Advertisement