Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ticket sales on www.tickets.ie

• 18-06-2019 4:32pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 547 ✭✭✭

Right, a Wexford man here, attempting to buy tickets (four adult and one child) for Leinster Hurling Final. It’s an unfortunate fact that we haven’t been to Croke Park too often in recent years, and when we were last there (Leinster Final 2017) I got my tickets at the office in Wexford Park, but now the County Board for some strange reason is not selling direct to the public this time. So, all things considered, this is my first time trying to use www.tickets.ie

To say the seats you’re offered there are not exactly attractive would be an understatement. Started the hunt yesterday, for Cusack Stand Lower, and was only being offered tickets in sections 314 and 315 – which according to the map here, are actually around the corner of the pitch, in what most would consider the Davin Stand rather than the Cusack.

Thought it might have been because the children’s seats are there, so did a few searches for adult tickets only, but still just got offered 314/315, or 301 at the other end – which the map suggests could even be behind the end line. Nothing at all available along the sideline itself.

A search for the Hogan Stand (if we were to pay full price for the child) isn’t much better. For the last few hours, all it’s been offering is section 336 – just as bad as 301, only at the other side of the field.

So, question to those who get to head to Croke Park more often – is it always this way? Do tickets.ie only ever have ‘bad’ tickets? Or do better tickets become available after they sell off all the ‘bad’ ones first?

And before anybody suggests buying them in the shops instead (Centra/SuperValu) – have already inquired in two of them too, and they also only had tickets for 314/315.

I suspect that the better tickets (i.e. more central) are going to the County Board, but as already pointed out, Wexford has decided not to sell to general public – only to members of a supporters club called Cairde Loch Garman. They’re currently pushing memberships at €25 each, but even at that, you can buy a limit of four tickets per membership, and we need five. So we’d actually need two memberships.

Apologies for long post, but am very frustrated about this!
    Z238.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,136 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

You normally get whatever is available first come first serve. A lot of tickets in the better areas especially for games with demand go early that morning when they first go on sale.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 547 ✭✭✭Duffryman

With all due respect, I don't think that's the case here. Ticket sales went live online at 10.45 a.m. yesterday morning, and I started trying almost immediately. Mad and all as we Wexford folk are for the big occasion, I seriously doubt that every single seat from section 302 to 311 was sold in the first ten minutes.

It's not Garth Brooks we're talking about here!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭recyclebin

I have seen them selling the bad tickets first and then a few days later better ones show up.

Maybe ticket master got a share of them as well. If you factor in what the clubs and supervalues get or sold as well then it's possible.

I've been to a lot of games in Croke Park and bought plenty of tickets on tickets.ie ticket master before that. I'm nearly always in same area or section the same tickets go up at the times advertised.

I'm not sure what happened here but the tickets could of been split around different places. Tickets.ie might not of gotten certain areas right away.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,978 ✭✭✭Paulzx

recyclebin wrote: »
    I have seen them selling the bad tickets first and then a few days later better ones show up.

I find the same. I generally just keep checking back until a reasonable seat appears.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,512 ✭✭✭Wheety

You can pick your actual seats on Ticketmaster. Not great areas but 311 has a good few.

https://www.ticketmaster.ie/leinster-gaa-shc-final-kilkenny-v-wexford-dublin-30-06-2019/event/180056BF9DC3825C

They have another link for Bord Gais Energy Rewards. I can't see if these are better seats though.

https://www.ticketmaster.ie/bge-rewards-leinster-gaa-shc-final-kilkenny-v-wexford-dublin-30-06-2019/event/180056D1E3CEB2E5

Didn't actually realise they're on Ticketmaster as well. Any mention of sales here (local radio, Wexford GAA social media accounts, local press, etc.) only mentions tickets.ie for online sales.

311 is at least a small improvement. And I happen to have a Bord Gais Energy Rewards account, so hopefully something a little better again might show up there....

Many thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭westcork67

Season ticket holders will normally get a lot of the good seats in the Lower Cusack - as a Galway Hurling season ticket holder for the last few years we always got fairly good ones 305-309. Unfortunately no trips to Croker this year :o(

For other games that I go to, I normally wait until they open up the upper decks - GAA will do all that they can to avoid this and will stick you in the front row of 301 instead of opening the Upper Cusack but if the attendance will be big enough, and i would have thought you'll get over 40,000 for the Leinster final, they will open up closer to the match and you can get much more central tickets with a better view

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Leave it till the Thursday of the match. By then the central uppers will be open. Usually Cusack first and then Upper Hogan if it sells well.

Wexford will easily bring 40k if the 2017 final is anything to go by and they have an even better chance this year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,551 ✭✭✭chinguetti

Leave it till the Thursday of the match. By then the central uppers will be open. Usually Cusack first and then Upper Hogan if it sells well.

Wexford will easily bring 40k if the 2017 final is anything to go by and they have an even better chance this year.

This is dead right by Diabhal Beag, don't buy until the Wednesday/Thursday as tickets come back from clubs and they open other sections/levels due to demand. Far better tickets to be found nearer to the match.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,392 ✭✭✭✭Fr Tod Umptious

The middle of the lower Cusack (303 to 310 ish) usually go to season tickets

Hogans are usually going to clubs

That leaves Canals and the corners for the online retailer

As others have said, wait a while and decent upper level ones become available.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

And look for aisles ff gg hh jj kk etc etc. You'll be dry. Anything else ie a, b, c, d etc and you're out in the elements.

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭royaler83

What kinda crowd is expected for the leinster football final. Got desperate tickets for me and my sons last time out, I'm hoping to get better or even good upper level this time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭rpurfield

I've been on my hobby horse about this for the last while with tickets.ie. For the Leinster semi finals we were right beside the tunnel the ref comes out of with the kids tickets. I've bought in 301 for the match on Sunday but only after coming up with way worse than the semi final about six times. Interestingly when I searched adult tickets only I was being offered 308 which is pretty decent. I think it's bad form to be sticking people with bad tickets, especially the prices they are now, when they bring kids.

Thanks again to all for the replies. Think we'll just hold off on buying tickets until middle of next week, and see what's available then - particularly if they open the upper deck of either stand. They can't be any worse than what's on offer right now, and might be better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,837 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

This was really slow for the Munster final this morning. Got in eventually and got 4x tickets

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,665 ✭✭✭Bonniedog

recyclebin wrote: »

That's exactly what they do. Wait until next week. You would get better tickets already through super Valu I would think.

Only once maybe twice at the most did i get a weird setup with tickets from tickets.ie. Ticketmaster gave me much more problems years ago.

Nearly every game ive bought tickets for over the last few years since they became the official sellers ive been given seats in same area or a little bit back depending on demand.

I always go for Cusack lower and get 308 row d on wards. Obviously some of the later games or games featuring teams that attract more fans i ended up back a bit further but still in the same section nothing crazy.

The only time in recent memory i seen something strange happen was last season in the super 8s when i ended up getting two really random seats on there own a good bit back first thing that morning then noticing later that day and the next day better closer seats being sold.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

SuperValu sell tickets from the same tickets.ie portal that the general public have access to. You won't get access to better tickets just by going into a shop.

ProudDUB wrote: »
    SuperValu sell tickets from the same tickets.ie portal that the general public have access to. You won't get access to better tickets just by going into a shop.

Yes, and have come to realise that Centra is the same. So basically, no difference between SuperValu, Centra, and tickets.ie as regards where you can get tickets for.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭finbarrk

Duffryman wrote: »
    Yes, and have come to realise that Centra is the same. So basically, no difference between SuperValu, Centra, and tickets.ie as regards where you can get tickets for.

Totally correct.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,019 ✭✭✭TCDStudent1

Right, a Wexford man here, attempting to buy tickets (four adult and one child) for Leinster Hurling Final. It’s an unfortunate fact that we haven’t been to Croke Park too often in recent years, and when we were last there (Leinster Final 2017) I got my tickets at the office in Wexford Park, but now the County Board for some strange reason is not selling direct to the public this time. So, all things considered, this is my first time trying to use www.tickets.ie

To say the seats you’re offered there are not exactly attractive would be an understatement. Started the hunt yesterday, for Cusack Stand Lower, and was only being offered tickets in sections 314 and 315 – which according to the map here, are actually around the corner of the pitch, in what most would consider the Davin Stand rather than the Cusack.

Thought it might have been because the children’s seats are there, so did a few searches for adult tickets only, but still just got offered 314/315, or 301 at the other end – which the map suggests could even be behind the end line. Nothing at all available along the sideline itself.

A search for the Hogan Stand (if we were to pay full price for the child) isn’t much better. For the last few hours, all it’s been offering is section 336 – just as bad as 301, only at the other side of the field.

So, question to those who get to head to Croke Park more often – is it always this way? Do tickets.ie only ever have ‘bad’ tickets? Or do better tickets become available after they sell off all the ‘bad’ ones first?

And before anybody suggests buying them in the shops instead (Centra/SuperValu) – have already inquired in two of them too, and they also only had tickets for 314/315.

I suspect that the better tickets (i.e. more central) are going to the County Board, but as already pointed out, Wexford has decided not to sell to general public – only to members of a supporters club called Cairde Loch Garman. They’re currently pushing memberships at €25 each, but even at that, you can buy a limit of four tickets per membership, and we need five. So we’d actually need two memberships.

Apologies for long post, but am very frustrated about this!
    Z238.jpg

Contact your local club to see if they have any. Even if you are not a member, they may have enough to facilitate your request. The tickets the clubs get are usually better than those on general sale.

Normally that's good advice, but not this time. For what it's worth, I'm actually a club official and a coach of an underage team, but that makes no difference here.

While I mentioned in my OP that Wexford Co. Board is not selling direct to the general public this time, I omitted to mention that they're not selling through clubs either. The only thing they're doing with their allocation (so far, anyway) is selling to members of that Cairde Loch Garman supporters club - in effect, putting a €25 levy on each transaction.

I think this is outrageous and I'm surprised there hasn't been more uproar locally, but that's a whole other story.

I know Kilkenny are putting tickets out through clubs there, and so are both Tipp and Limerick in Munster, so I simply don't understand why Wexford are doing things differently.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,572 ✭✭✭JeffKenna

If you're a Bord Gáis customer sign up to their loyalty programme. Tickets are available for the Leinster final and you get a free match programme and a cup of tea. Not sure where the tickets are located though.

Tried that too!

Two issues:
    1 - It'll only tell you where the seats are AFTER you've already paid for them. They might be somewhere better than the tickets.ie selection, but they might be just as bad. Buying them would basically be a shot in the dark.

2 - Can only buy four tickets. As stated up top, we're looking for five. Could always buy a bundle of two and another of three, I suppose, but ideally we'd all like to be together.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭kksaints

Normally that's good advice, but not this time. For what it's worth, I'm actually a club official and a coach of an underage team, but that makes no difference here.

While I mentioned in my OP that Wexford Co. Board is not selling direct to the general public this time, I omitted to mention that they're not selling through clubs either. The only thing they're doing with their allocation (so far, anyway) is selling to members of that Cairde Loch Garman supporters club - in effect, putting a €25 levy on each transaction.

I think this is outrageous and I'm surprised there hasn't been more uproar locally, but that's a whole other story.

I know Kilkenny are putting tickets out through clubs there, and so are both Tipp and Limerick in Munster, so I simply don't understand why Wexford are doing things differently.

Well, you need to pay for Davy Fitz somehow! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,019 ✭✭✭TCDStudent1

Wow, that's strange! That's just opening it up for touts so. Makes you wonder where all the good tickets are so if they are not distributing any through the clubs. Season tickets would only account for so many.

Maybe a bit of a back story here:

Two years ago, ahead of 60,000 turning up to the Leinster Final, Co. Board put tickets on public sale from Wexford Park in what was the usual way. There were horrendous queues and all sorts of traffic & parking problems in the area. They got a lot of flak from local residents.

Ever since, it seems to have been policy to direct people to Centra, SuperValu and tickets.ie for tickets intead. That’s fine for the likes of Wexford Park (even high demand games like Kilkenny last week), because it’s all unreserved seating anyway – so long as you buy a ticket for the stand or the uncovered seating at the other side, you can still get a good seat anyway, so long as you turn up early enough on the day.

Doesn’t work that way with Croke Park though.

I know the excuse they’ll give is that ‘we’ve been telling people to use Centra, SuperValu and tickets.ie for the last two years without any complaints’, but that’s not comparing like with like.

Also to point out that while that Caride Loch Garman thing was set up two or three years ago, this is the first time they’ve really been pushing it. This whole ticket thing just smacks of opportunism to me.

Maybe another thing to point out is that we don't have a huge number of season ticket holders in Wexford. Reckon people generally buy them because of how it can entitle them to an All-Ireland ticket if their county gets that far. And sadly, despite progress under Davy in recent years (whatever people think of him!), All-Ireland tickets still haven't been an issue for us....

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭LilNiall

Is it true Centra & SuperValu just get their tickets from tickets.ie? No tickets on tickets.ie for the Ulster Final but advising people they are on sale with Centra & SuperValu.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 566 ✭✭✭irish_man

LilNiall wrote: »
    Is it true Centra & SuperValu just get their tickets from tickets.ie? No tickets on tickets.ie for the Ulster Final but advising people they are on sale with Centra & SuperValu.

Ulster final sold out since this day last week

• Registered Users Posts: 5 shepinaheap

Thanks again to all for the replies. Think we'll just hold off on buying tickets until middle of next week, and see what's available then - particularly if they open the upper deck of either stand. They can't be any worse than what's on offer right now, and might be better.

Sorry if Im only repeating what was already said but I'm in the same boat as you and will be waiting until next week to buy.
    Given that 60,000 plus went to the last final involving Wexford, they will have to open the upper tiers. Its an attractive final and KK will bring a crowd too. Not only will better upper tiers be available, the upper tiers wont sell out so you will be able to move to some degree in there.
    Finally, stick with tickets.ie rather than ticketmaster as you wont have the usual ticketmaster rip off admin charges with tickets.ie

Well, they're now selling online for Section 705 of the Upper Cusack - fairly central, and much better than what was on offer this time last week.

Have snapped them up :)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,142 Mod ✭✭✭✭bruschi

you seem to have that completely backwards and to be honest, its a bit disingenuous putting it on public display as such.

Cairde Loch Garman is basically the same Wexford Supporters club that has been in operation for the last 10 or 15 years or so. I dont know when it was started, but its a lot longer than 3 years ago. It was re branded as it was doing damn all, a few regulars would continue their membership, but wasnt exactly a big deal. So this year, they have put extra initiatives into it. Former player David O Connor is one of the committee members of it now too.

So for a ONCE OFF annual payment of €25, you get guaranteed access to purchase tickets for championship games. There is no queuing or seeing if tickets are there, you are guaranteed a ticket by being a an official Wexford Supporter member. You get advance notification of team selections before it goes to national press. And they throw in the usual stuff like car stickers and monthly update email. They have also struck deals with local shops in Wexford to get discounts, eg some of the hurl suppliers and Joyces, Hores, Byrnes etc.

I'm not sure why people would be up in arms over something so simple and harmless, that not only benefits the funding of the county, but also you get some benefit out of it too. It guarantees a ticket like the season ticket it does, but for a very small fraction of that outlay. I'm sure many other counties also have supporters club things going too. If you dont want it, dont get it, but its hardly some big scam.

I’ve no issue with Cairde Loch Garman in general. For instance, I reckon 10% off in Joyce’s and Dominic Smith’s is a great deal. If I knew somebody looking for a new TV or any appliance costing more than €250, I’d be telling them to join the supporters club even if they had no interest in GAA, because of the discount they could get with a membership card.

BUT…I do have an issue with how the County Board are suddenly, and without warning, making membership of Cairde Loch Garman a condition of buying tickets from them.

Up to now, the County Board granted advance access to tickets to members of Cairde Loch Garman. Typically, they’d sell to members from the office in Wexford Park for a day or two before opening up sales to the general public.

But this time, it’s just exclusive access to Cairde Loch Garman people – i.e. you’re simply not allowed to buy tickets from them unless you’re a member of the club.

In all the promotion of Cairde Loch Garman and all the drive for membership, there was never even any hint or suggestion that you’d have to be a member to get match tickets. I and I daresay most others assumed the same arrangement would still continue – that CLG members could buy first, and everyone else would get a chance then.

Even consider what the County Board put out on social media after the match v Kilkenny. Basically three posts:
    1 – Tickets will be on sale to Cairde Loch Garman members at Wexford Park on (days and times)
    2 – We will not be selling to the general public and we will not be taking orders from clubs
    3 – Cairde Loch Garman memberships are available online and from Wexford Park

Or in other words: ‘if you’re not already in the club, either join up at €25 each, or else off to Centra, SuperValu, and tickets.ie with you, where you’ll only get bad tickets.’

Overall, if you want to use the word ‘disingenuous’ about my post, I’d like to use it about the County Board’s actions here too.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,142 Mod ✭✭✭✭bruschi

I’ve no issue with Cairde Loch Garman in general. For instance, I reckon 10% off in Joyce’s and Dominic Smith’s is a great deal. If I knew somebody looking for a new TV or any appliance costing more than €250, I’d be telling them to join the supporters club even if they had no interest in GAA, because of the discount they could get with a membership card.

BUT…I do have an issue with how the County Board are suddenly, and without warning, making membership of Cairde Loch Garman a condition of buying tickets from them.

Up to now, the County Board granted advance access to tickets to members of Cairde Loch Garman. Typically, they’d sell to members from the office in Wexford Park for a day or two before opening up sales to the general public.

But this time, it’s just exclusive access to Cairde Loch Garman people – i.e. you’re simply not allowed to buy tickets from them unless you’re a member of the club.

In all the promotion of Cairde Loch Garman and all the drive for membership, there was never even any hint or suggestion that you’d have to be a member to get match tickets. I and I daresay most others assumed the same arrangement would still continue – that CLG members could buy first, and everyone else would get a chance then.

Even consider what the County Board put out on social media after the match v Kilkenny. Basically three posts:
    1 – Tickets will be on sale to Cairde Loch Garman members at Wexford Park on (days and times)
    2 – We will not be selling to the general public and we will not be taking orders from clubs
    3 – Cairde Loch Garman memberships are available online and from Wexford Park

Or in other words: ‘if you’re not already in the club, either join up at €25 each, or else off to Centra, SuperValu, and tickets.ie with you, where you’ll only get bad tickets.’

Overall, if you want to use the word ‘disingenuous’ about my post, I’d like to use it about the County Board’s actions here too.

I dont particularly want to debate too much about a bog standard supporters club, but you claimed there was a €25 fee on every ticket transaction, which is absolutely not the case. That is disingenuous and is not reflected in what they do.

The selling of tickets from Wexford park is a farce. They do not have the staff nor the means to sell and distribute thousands upon thousands of tickets. What happened last year with the queues in the Park was a joke. It wasnt good for them nor the supporters. So they have streamlined it whilst leaving people the same opportunity that everyone else has. I dont blame them for this, proper ticket distribution companies can deal with it better, particularly dealing with it online. I dont see how it is any advantage to queue up at Wexford Park to try get a ticket than it is to get one online? The co board also had crap tickets too, going through them was as much pot luck as it is getting them online.

There are many, many things I'd criticise the county board for, but streamlining how they sell tickets isnt one of them. And even if you are desperate for the tickets they get, spending €25 for the support of the county fundraising is hardly a bank breaker either. For years many paid that without getting any benefit out of it.

• Advertisement

Okay....
    bruschi wrote: »
    you claimed there was a €25 fee on every ticket transaction, which is absolutely not the case.

The key words in what I said were 'in effect', and I stand by that. Also, just to clarify that I'm not saying €25 per ticket - just €25 per transaction (and a transaction could involve up to four tickets). But anyway, the bottom line is that if you wanted to buy tickets from Wexford Park for this match, you simply had to pay that €25 at some stage - either have it paid already earlier in the year, or pay it to join up now. So, in effect, it's a levy on each sale, since there can't be that sale without it.
    The selling of tickets from Wexford park is a farce.

Agreed.
    ....whilst leaving people the same opportunity that everyone else has.

Not agreed. Kilkenny County Board put tickets out through the clubs there in the usual way. There's a general sale to the public taking place in Nowlan Park tomorrow (Tuesday), with others to follow on other days if they still have any of their allocation left. People in Wexford didn't have the same opportunity to buy from their club or from their GAA office.

I dont see how it is any advantage to queue up at Wexford Park to try get a ticket than it is to get one online? The co board also had crap tickets too, going through them was as much pot luck as it is getting them online.

County Board gets better tickets too. For the 2017 final, I got two tickets there for bang on the halfway line in the Lower Cusack. Probably best seats I ever had in Croke Park. Seats in the same place in the Hogan would be in the Ard Comhairle. Of course you can't pick and choose if you do get to go to Wexford Park to buy tickets, but it's still the case that for a provincial final, the competing County Boards get the best tickets.
    And even if you are desperate for the tickets they get, spending €25 for the support of the county fundraising is hardly a bank breaker either.

And again, no issue with Cairde Loch Garman in general. Just think it's a bit rick that all of a sudden, and without any precedent or warning, it's a condition that you HAVE to be a member of it if you want to buy a match ticket from the County Board.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,108 ✭✭✭RoyalCelt

I see the upper hogan is now on sale as well and the upper cusack tickets are near either end so sales must be good. The stands won't be as full as 2 years ago but the hill is open this time so that will no doubt make up for a few thousand. At this point I'd guess 56/7k but the weather is meant to be good so who knows what sort of walk up crowd.

What row did you get Duffy? Are you close to the front of the upper cusack?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,016 ✭✭✭Hulk Hands

Have a couple of premium, will give away for the regular Lower/Upper stand price if anyone wants. PM me

RoyalCelt wrote: »
    What row did you get Duffy? Are you close to the front of the upper cusack?

Row H. So I reckon that's eight rows back :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,108 ✭✭✭RoyalCelt

Row H. So I reckon that's eight rows back :cool:
    Quality seats. Enjoy.

• Advertisement

Does the €25 Cairde Loch Garman membership guarantee an option to buy an AI final ticket if Wexford get to one?

If so - and apart from raising funds for county - it sounds like a great idea.

Dublin county board pass is €140 and also includes free league and club championship games in both codes.

It would, yes. And hopefully that’ll become relevant before too long! :)

Here’s more about what membership involves: http://www.wexfordgaa.ie/cairde-loch-garman/

Let me repeat that I’ve no problem whatsoever with Cairde Loch Garman in general. It’s basically the latest incarnation of a Supporters Club that was first formed back in 1997 and which I paid into myself for a number of years back then. But it did seem a bit rich for the County Board to suddenly decide that they’d ONLY sell tickets to Cairde Loch Garman members, and not sell any directly to clubs or general public at all, when they’d always sold to clubs and general public for such matches in the past.

Think there was a County Board meeting during the week. Must ask the club County Board rep if this came up and what was said about it.

By the way, what you call the Dublin ‘County Board pass’….sounds like the club season ticket that we have in Wexford. Currently €160 a year for entry to all adult championship games in hurling and football, including county finals (we don’t charge admission to club league games in Wexford, apart from league finals).

Since you mention the ‘County Board pass’ here….is the holder of one of those entitled to buy an All-Ireland ticket too, or is that confined only to the inter-county season tickets?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭D9Male

I am looking to buy the Hurling Heaven Package for myself and three kids. There aren't any juvenile tickets available. Have I missed the boat?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,960 ✭✭✭billyhead

Does anyone know where the Bord Gais energy awards tickets are located in Croke Park i.e stand and section.

Since you mention the ‘County Board pass’ here….is the holder of one of those entitled to buy an All-Ireland ticket too, or is that confined only to the inter-county season tickets?

Apologies for delay. Was in post Laois game depression.

Dublin county pass - Parnell Park pass - entitles holder to free admission to all county club SHC and SFC games in PP; all home league SH and SF games; and guarantees an option to buy a ticket for all championship games in either hurling or football, up to and including any possible AI final.

Is brilliant scheme. Anyone who goes to league games, and club championship easily covers the prices, outside of the guarantee of AI final tickets.

I'm no longer active with club, so don't have to bite my nails for big game tickets, and in any event would feel bad even asking to be honest over currently active players and mentors.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭kala85

billyhead wrote: »
    Does anyone know where the Bord Gais energy awards tickets are located in Croke Park i.e stand and section.

How can I get these. Are they free promotion??

Advertisement