Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Screw Rockall, the Gulf is where it's at...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,453 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Don't mind if it's false flag meself.

Let's be honest, Iran is a bit like Limerick in the sense that it needs sorting out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,586 ✭✭✭4068ac1elhodqr

Build a wall (around the entire Middle East, and let themmuns sort it out themselves).

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Horace Cope

Gatling wrote: »
    Using the russian playbook it wasn't us it's a conspiracy let's blame the CIA .

How original

Well, let's see, this incident comes only days after the US moves a large armada into the Gulf region.
    Furthermore, one of the tankers, a Japanese owned tanker was targeted at the very time the Japanese PM was sitting down to talk with the Supreme Leader in Iran. Finally, that tanker was carrying a predominantly large contingent of Russian employees, a country with whom Iran has a working relationship in Syria.

Yet you think it was Iran...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,342 ✭✭✭BluePlanet

The Washington Post has an article quoting the owner of one of the tankers.
    He says it was a projectile that hit above the water line.
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/japanese-ship-owner-contradicts-us-account-of-how-tanker-was-attacked/2019/06/14/7ea347d0-8eba-11e9-b6f4-033356502dce_story.html?utm_term=.6a8684f9755f

That omits mines and torpedoes.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Horace Cope

BluePlanet wrote: »
    The Washington Post has an article quoting the owner of one of the tankers.
    He says it was a projectile that hit above the water line.
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/japanese-ship-owner-contradicts-us-account-of-how-tanker-was-attacked/2019/06/14/7ea347d0-8eba-11e9-b6f4-033356502dce_story.html?utm_term=.6a8684f9755f

That omits mines and torpedoes.
    Eh, that paper has as much credibility as the Daily Mail... It is probably still claiming there was Russian interference in the US elections.
    No doubt though it sees nothing wrong with Mike Pompeo interference in prospective UK elections [url] https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/mike-pompeo-suggests-us-could-block-jeremy-corbyn-from-no-10-h5d3zzjb9[/url]

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,617 ✭✭✭votecounts

Let's be honest, Iran is a bit like Limerick in the sense that it needs sorting out.
    The same could be said about Saudi Arabia and Isarael but America would not agree with this.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,984 ✭✭✭Odhinn

Not really. Saudi is far more of a blackspot. If there's beheadings, suicide bombings and so on, that ideology leads 9 times out ten to an off shoot of Saudi wahbaism.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 727 ✭✭✭InTheShadows

Lefties......it was Trump booooooooo

Righties.....it was the mad mullah's boooooo

Thing is like all conflicts the truth is the first casualty.

Eh, that paper has as much credibility as the Daily Mail... It is probably still claiming there was Russian interference in the US elections.
    No doubt though it sees nothing wrong with Mike Pompeo interference in prospective UK elections [url] https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/mike-pompeo-suggests-us-could-block-jeremy-corbyn-from-no-10-h5d3zzjb9[/url]
    It's not an opinion piece.
    It's publishing a quote that comes from the owner of the tanker that got hit.

TOKYO – The owner of a Japanese tanker attacked in the Strait of Hormuz offered a different account Friday of the nature of the attack than that provided by the United States.

Yutaka Katada, president of Kokuka Sangyo, said the Filipino crew of the Kokuka Courageous thought their vessel had been hit by flying objects rather than a mine.

“The crew are saying it was hit with a flying object. They say something came flying towards them, then there was an explosion, then there was a hole in the vessel,” he told reporters. “Then some crew witnessed a second shot.”
    https://www.eastbaytimes.com/2019/06/14/tanker-owner-contradicts-us-account-of-gulf-attack/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,062 ✭✭✭✭Say my name

Lefties......it was Trump booooooooo

Righties.....it was the mad mullah's boooooo

Thing is like all conflicts the truth is the first casualty.
    And money dictates all.

The sooner the world can wean itself off fossil fuels and having this regime paying that regimes military just so I can batter my neighbour the better.

War is an easy option when it's not your own family at risk.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Well, let's see,

Yet you think it was Iran...

Newly registered yada yada

I didn't say it was iran ,I said it follows the Russian playbook ,it wasn't us , nobody saw us ,were not there even if caught red-handed a small group on here would deny deny deny .
    But that's well expected they have been moaning since the fall of the Berlin wall

• Registered Users Posts: 81,186 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Will the tanker companies inshurdance cover the damage or will they play the act of war card?

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭specky4eyes

Newly registered yada yada

I didn't say it was iran ,I said it follows the Russian playbook ,it wasn't us , nobody saw us ,were not there even if caught red-handed a small group on here would deny deny deny .
    But that's well expected they have been moaning since the fall of the Berlin wall

Your not very well educated on the US/CIA/MOSSAD playbook are you?

Very well educated more than the average murica did this and murica did that poster

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,995 ✭✭✭Ipso

Can you direct me to a infowars approved twitter account to educate me?

Will the tanker companies inshurdance cover the damage or will they play the act of war card?

Please refer to the smallest print on our vast documents before claiming .

Seems to be a few reports that the crews who's abandoned the tankers were picked up by a merchant vessel before being forced to transfer to Iranian navy craft

• Registered Users Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭archer22

This started some time back with America claiming Iran was going to do some unspecified "something"...but nothing happened.

America moved a fleet into the gulf to "to prevent the unspecified something".

After America moved it's fleet into gulf...Hey presto! the tankers start getting hit.

What ever is hitting the tankers is most likely coming from the Great Satan fleet...probably a mini sub.

archer22 wrote: »
    This started some time back with America claiming Iran was going to do some unspecified "something"...but nothing happened.

After America moved it's fleet into gulf...Hey presto! the tankers start getting hit.

What ever is hitting the tankers is most likely coming from the Great Satan fleet...probably a mini sub.

Given that John Bolton (a truly vile individual) has a prominent role in the Trump regime, I wouldn't put it beyond the bounds of possibility.

Remembering the whole Iraq-WMD thing, I'm surprised at the lack of cynicism from a few here.

What ever is hitting the tankers is most likely coming from probably a mini sub.

Actually no again ,

Attacks have been going on for weeks most going unnoticed by the media pre deployment of a Carrier group ,
    Suppose attacks dating back to the 1980s involving Iranian forces targeting vessels in the region didn't happen either ,

Conspiracy theories and denials suprise , surprise

Mini subs , 002

• Advertisement

To add balance there's been attacks on ships in Iranian ports too.

https://jcpa.org/mysterious-blazes-on-six-iranian-ships-in-iranian-ports/

Whatever parties are behind it all anyway seems to be steering this in one direction.

Actually no again ,

Attacks have been going on for weeks most going unnoticed by the media pre deployment of a Carrier group ,
    Suppose attacks dating back to the 1980s involving Iranian forces targeting vessels in the region didn't happen either ,

Conspiracy theories and denials suprise , surprise

Mini subs , 002

That would be when the US was essentially protecting Iraqi oil carriers during the Iran-Iraq war.

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭KIERAN1

https://twitter.com/barbarastarrcnn/status/1139628711228182533

First shots of the war not announced, mad if true?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,646 ✭✭✭_blaaz

KIERAN1 wrote: »

Excuse my cynicism....but if none of this had been announced....how deos she know?

Just seen that other despicable cretin British foreign secretary Jeremy Hunt on the news blaming Iran as well...but again minus any evidence :rolleyes:

Oh dear How low the British have fallen!...no more British Bulldog, now its just the British Poodle on it's American leash.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 727 ✭✭✭InTheShadows

Just seen that other despicable cretin British foreign secretary Jeremy Hunt on the news blaming Iran as well...but again minus any evidence :rolleyes:

Oh dear How low the British have fallen!...no more British Bulldog, now its just the British Poodle on it's American leash.

You've inside info to say he's wrong?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,646 ✭✭✭_blaaz

You've inside info to say he's wrong?

Well usually if someone claims.x,y and z its up to them.to prove it?

It's been that way since the end of WII. Only hanging on the coattails of the yanks allow them some delusion of "greatness".

KIERAN1 wrote: »

I doubt you could launch a SAM missile from those little Iranian boats...it would burn up the boat and crew :pac:

• Advertisement

Where's the French when you need them?

We could do with a neutral voice. Laughable RTE getting the opinion on radio this morning of a British military expert. At least the French rightly called out the last U.S. involvement in the neighbourhood.

Advertisement