Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Screw Rockall, the Gulf is where it's at...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,061 ✭✭✭✭Say my name

Trump has being going on about a potential war with Iran for ages now.
    Even before the U.S. imposed sanctions.
    He's not exactly a complicated person.

The Express thinks it would be a stupid move.
    https://www.express.co.uk/news/world/1139971/Trump-latest-news-Iran-war-gulf-Oman-tanker-USA-military-conflict

As does the whole world I'd expect.

Too far out for a war election bump.... Yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭archer22

It is possible though that Iran could give the great Satan a very bloody nose in a conflict.
    Look at how Hezbollah stopped the Israeli invasion dead in its tracks in 2006...and Hezbollah is Iranian trained and supplied, so you can be certain when it comes to a ground war Iranian tactics will be similar to those successfully used by Hezbollah.

Hezbollah destroyed some 50 Israeli heavy tanks in that short conflict using the superb Kornet anti tank missiles.
    Iran produces its version of those by the thousands plus a vast array of other missiles of every known type.
    America and its poodles just may end up biting off more than they can chew.

A good hiding is what America and its vassals need now to halt their rampaging across the globe and restore peace.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

archer22 wrote: »
    It is possible though that Iran could give the great Satan a very bloody nose in a conflict.

Look at how Hezbollah stopped the Israeli invasion dead in its tracks in 2006...and Hezbollah is Iranian trained and supplied,

Hezbollah destroyed some 50 Israeli heavy tanks in that short conflict using the superb Kornet anti tank missiles.
    Iran produces

None of the above is true though ....

• Registered Users Posts: 81,184 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Good to see the ships still afloat.

• Advertisement

Good to see the ships still afloat.

Considering a few middle East media outlets had claimed tankers had been sunk

Yeah, you kind of have to say 'cui bono'?..

So yeah..I reckon bono had something to do with it ..

• Registered Users Posts: 14,329 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

One of the tankers 'hit' is Japanese owned, the Japanese PM is in Tehran today.
    Make your own minds up folks.

Obviously the CIA middle East and Asia departments haven't been on the same email distribution list

• Registered Users Posts: 14,329 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

namloc1980 wrote: »
    Trumpy just got his excuse to start bombing Iran.

Iranian women are quite stunning looking. All they have to do is send a few of them to talk to trump.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,349 ✭✭✭Jimmy Garlic

Look at how Hezbollah stopped the Israeli invasion dead in its tracks in 2006...and Hezbollah is Iranian trained and supplied, so you can be certain when it comes to a ground war Iranian tactics will be similar to those successfully used by Hezbollah.

Iran produces its version of those by the thousands plus a vast array of other missiles of every known type.

A good hiding is what America and its vassals need now to halt their rampaging across the globe and restore peace.

It was funny watching g the Israelis run back over the border with their tails between their legs.

• Advertisement

It was funny watching g the Israelis run back over the border with their tails between their legs.

Did you watch that on Sputnik news or some other makey uppey place

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,995 ✭✭✭Ipso

Yeah, best to leave the area to the Shia Sunni sectarian conflict.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭BeerWolf

With the immediate blaming on Iran by the US, with Pompeo talking out his ass again... this screams false flag.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,126 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

It's also worth mentioning that there wouldn't be any troops deployed in Iran. If the US got involved it'd be arial/missile bombardment.

BeerWolf wrote: »
    With the immediate blaming on Iran by the US, with Pompeo talking out his ass again... this screams false flag.

It's always a false flag, even when it isn't.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,126 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

Ipso wrote: »
    It's always a false flag, even when it isn't.

I don't think the US would do it. But the saudi's are dodgy feckers.

Grayson wrote: »
    I don't think the US would do it. But the saudi's are dodgy feckers.

Having finished reading Jason Burke's recent book on ISIS, with it's recurring theme of sectarian violence within Islam, and the war in Yemen which looks like a proxy for Iran and Saudi Arabia I wouldn't be surprised if something flares between the Iranians and Saudis.

Ipso wrote: »
    , and the war in Yemen which looks like a proxy for Iran and Saudi Arabia I wouldn't be surprised if something flares between the Iranians and Saudis.

This is the crux of the situation , iran and Saudi trading pot shots in the region ,Iran will use the russian playbook it wasn't us ,were not there , it's iranophobic ,mean while Saudi cant seem to fight a real war ,
    But sooner or later a line will get broken that will set off a much larger conflict that will drag many others into it

• Registered Users Posts: 5,834 ✭✭✭daheff

I think there is a strong possibility Iran is going to be attacked...all this bellicose talk and false flags look like the build up to it.
    I expect Iran to put up a good show, but doubt it can hold out long term...unless some of the great powers come to it's aid.

I can see the Russians standing with Iran on this one. WW3 here we go

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Saudis are sneaky. They're estimated to have trillions of barrels of oil still in reserve but will not allow an independent survey because they're terrified of oil prices falling.

It's a racket. Prices are being artificially jacked up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,834 ✭✭✭daheff

Saudis are sneaky. They're estimated to have trillions of barrels of oil still in reserve but will not allow an independent survey because they're terrified of oil prices falling.

It's a racket.

why would they do that when they were trying to sell Aramco? Surely the more assets that had the more money they'd have gotten from the sale?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,176 ✭✭✭✭ILoveYourVibes

namloc1980 wrote: »
    Trumpy just got his excuse to start bombing Iran.

If he uses it he's dead. If he doesn't use it he's dead.

Lets see him talk his way out of this one.

daheff wrote: »

Gog and Magog, indeed.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,176 ✭✭✭✭ILoveYourVibes

daheff wrote: »

China too. I see Europe staying out of it.

The UK is stupid enough to get involved.

It's the most pathetic and transparent false flag attempt ever.

When Pompeo goes to the UN assembly they should arrest him for directing terrorism and attempted fraud.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,349 ✭✭✭Jimmy Garlic

Gatling wrote: »
    Did you watch that on Sputnik news or some other makey uppey place

Every news agency had it. Israel overreached and got whooped by Hezbollah.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭Peatys

BeerWolf wrote: »

As if the quality of the video showing the iranians claiming their undetonated mine wasn't false flag enough..

Peatys wrote: »
    As if the quality of the video showing the iranians claiming their undetonated mine wasn't false flag enough..

And America contradicting what the crew of the tankers saw!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭Peatys

Wouldn't be surprised if they found a perfectly preserved Iranian passport floating in the gulf :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,061 ✭✭✭✭Say my name

Peatys wrote: »
    Wouldn't be surprised if they found a perfectly preserved Iranian passport floating in the gulf :D

On the body of an Iranian soldier with instructions on how to set a mine.
    Floating beside Saddam Hussein's weapons of mass destruction.

Advertisement