Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Big Top Live

• 28-05-2019 3:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 37,711 ✭✭✭✭

New festival announced this morning

https://www.bigtoplive.ie/

Very good for the area hopefully. Personally not a fan of any of the acts announced so far but hopefully it does well

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,780 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

Keith Barry is a bit of a laugh

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭sitkaspruce

PTH2009 wrote: »
    New festival announced this morning

https://www.bigtoplive.ie/

Very good for the area hopefully. Personally not a fan of any of the acts announced so far but hopefully it does well

I think Bingo Loko will be huge - sold out I'm Kilkenny recently. Hopefully the fad hasn't dried up by then!

• Registered Users Posts: 37,711 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

listings so far

Mon 19th Aug - Finbar Furey
    Weds 21st Aug- Keith Barry
    Thurs 22nd Aug- Bingo Loco (No general sale tickets, corporate event only)
    Fri 23rd Aug- Bingo Loco (general tickets available)
    Sat 24th Aug- Happy Mondays/King King Company and Backroad Smokers Club
    Sun 25th Aug- 80s/90s Disco (Acts TBC)

Tues 20th Aug is still yet tba. Would love a rock or metal gig as they seem to be messing that demographic.

PTH2009 wrote:
    Tues 20th Aug is still yet tba. Would love a rock or metal gig as they seem to be messing that demographic.

Wont ever happen in Waterford

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    Wont ever happen in Waterford

pity but can see why as were all bunch a stinge bags here lol and it takes a lot to gain support here. Ive been to a few tribute nights for rock bands and they be a good crowd at them but prob not justify a big act playing here. The Darkness playing Daytripper in 2015 was class but wasant overally busy if i recall

Stuff Like UB40/Madness and other mod scene type stuff does well here as does the usual smash hits/throw back stuff

Ian Brown of Stone Roses fame or Richard Ashcroft would be nice for the tuesday. Could be something aimed towards teenagers/young aldults and be a newish band

ub40 are free the tuesday ha

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,213 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

Madness ??

They haven't played in a while ......

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... "

• Registered Users Posts: 1,215 ✭✭✭friendlyfun

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    Keith Barry is a bit of a laugh

I bought Keith a pint once. When it was his round he disappeared!

Limerick for there version of daytripper/big top in king John's castle have these lads. Who said metal doesn't have appeal outside of Dublin ha

https://youtu.be/Dhfy9TPga-c

• Registered Users Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭Roanmore

Limerick for there version of daytripper/big top in king John's castle have these lads. Who said metal doesn't have appeal outside of Dublin ha

https://youtu.be/Dhfy9TPga-c

Apparently Irish people don't want this stuff
    https://www.irishexaminer.com/breakingnews/ireland/councillor-calls-for-polish-rock-group-to-be-banned-ahead-of-limerick-gig-930715.html

"To me it's disgusting and it's disgraceful and it's not my type of entertainment.

We do not want it here in this country."

I feel the same way about Nathan Carter but you don't see me calling for him to be banned :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,985 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

"To me it's disgusting and it's disgraceful and it's not my type of entertainment.

Speak for yourself richard-head.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭alta stare

Roanmore wrote: »
    https://www.irishexaminer.com/breakingnews/ireland/councillor-calls-for-polish-rock-group-to-be-banned-ahead-of-limerick-gig-930715.html

I feel the same way about Nathan Carter but you don't see me calling for him to be banned :rolleyes:

The purple rinse brigade will be out protesting....after mass of course.

Roanmore wrote:

I musnt be Irish then, conservative Ireland is still alive and well, folks it ll be fine, its just a bit of controversial entertainment, no kids will be harmed

• Registered Users Posts: 1,730 ✭✭✭Smell the glove

Chuffed with The Happy Monday's. Going to be great, hopefully the week will be well supported.

The throwback event that was to be on the Sunday has been cancelled for some reason and there is no act for the Tuesday night

• Registered Users Posts: 1,159 ✭✭✭Christy Browne

The throwback event that was to be on the Sunday has been cancelled for some reason and there is no act for the Tuesday night

Seen as they were emailing out 15% discount codes to everyone a couple of weeks ago and giving away loads of free tickets my guess is they didn’t get the numbers and had to pull the plug

hoping too get to the Happy mondays night

the food court at this sounds interesting with some great options from top class places (Loko, La Boheme, Revs)

Starting next monday 19th with Finbarr Furey

• Registered Users Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭dartboardio

Selling two tickets to Finbar Furey if anyone wants. Bought 4 by accident.

50 euros for the two. Bought for 37.50 each.

Or id happily swap for Keith Barry tickets :)

Decent reviews about the events the past 2 nights

Bingo loco the next 2 and the big one Saturday with Happy Mondays. Sadly wont make any events this year but hope it goes well and becomes a yearly thing with more big acts headling

Anyone know what alcohol they are selling down there and how much they are pricing the drinks?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭Gardner

the wife was on faceache last night and showed me live videos from bingo loco. i couldn't think of anything worse! few dancers on a stage, a fella on the decks, everyone playing along to organised fun at their benches and a few poppers of confetti every now and then. Kill disco on prozac

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭gscully

Anyone know what alcohol they are selling down there and how much they are pricing the drinks?

There's a Heineken tent selling pints of Heineken and Cider. Pints are €5.50. They have bottles of Heineken 00 (€4.50), Coors Light, plus the common shorts like vodka, Jim Beam, etc.. Blackwater gin also.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,649 ✭✭✭Deiseen

Gardner wrote: »
    the wife was on faceache last night and showed me live videos from bingo loco. i couldn't think of anything worse! few dancers on a stage, a fella on the decks, everyone playing along to organised fun at their benches and a few poppers of confetti every now and then. Kill disco on prozac

Man, you are some whinger. Every thread on this board has you on here whinging. Is there anything you enjoy?

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭DLS_75

Looks like it's been a great success.

From pics/vids I've seen of Bingo Loco it's very like the darts

I wonder will we see a darts event at future Big Top events?

DLS_75 wrote: »
    Looks like it's been a great success.

Yep, every night so far has been close to capacity!

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭DLS_75

Excellent idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭Gardner

my idea of hell!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 531 ✭✭✭Stopitwillya

Deiseen wrote: »
    Gardner wrote: »

Man, you are some whinger. Every thread on this board has you on here whinging. Is there anything you enjoy?

He enjoys going to supporting the blues and trolling the Waterford gaa page on boards telling us all how the most negative manager we ever had Derek McGrath is so great.

Thanks for the reply ��

• Advertisement

He enjoys going to supporting the blues and trolling the Waterford gaa page on boards telling us all how the most negative manager we ever had Derek McGrath is so great.

Supporting the blues? I've only ever seen him talk ****e about the team!

Advertisement