Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

About them vegans lads

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,749 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

Grayson wrote: »
    That didn't really answer the question.

I think in the future meat production will disappear. It generates a load of carbon and isn't a very efficient method of generating food. People will move towards a vegan diet over decades if not longer. Any meat that is eaten will probably come from a lab. And of course over the time vegan products will become tastier.

mention that though and you get a load of angry people screaming about how no-one can tell them what to eat.

they're not going to like these findings

https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2019/jun/12/most-meat-in-2040-will-not-come-from-slaughtered-animals-report

• Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

Yous have that one fcuking joke I swear to God. Eating meat obviously doesn't do much for the sense of humour. Honestly it's been about 15 years. Sure maybe work in the words "triggered" and "attack helicopter" and you've got a full bingo card of things people with Jordan Peterson posters and swords on their walls think are hilarious. Theyll give you an award, probably.

Do your comments have to be so feking vicious? Give it a break. It's a funny meme. Dont like it? Tough.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 474 ✭✭Former Observer

The low IQ bacon guzzling breakfast roll brigade are the moral equivalent of guards at Auschwitz. Factory farming of pigs is a disgrace.

The only good thing is that due to their unquestioning nature and aforementioned low IQ, they'll be guzzling laboratory grown meat soon without even knowing it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,482 ✭✭✭Gimme A Pound

gozunda wrote: »
    Do your comments have to be so feking vicious? Give it a break. It's a funny meme. Dont like it? Tough.
    I understand her exasperation though. What it implies isn't actually true (all vegans having to tell people. I actually think that's a made up thing). And the poster in question just posts passive aggressive memes without any thought and scuttles off (gets away with it coz mod).

• Registered Users Posts: 18,475 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

Grayson wrote: »
    That didn't really answer the question.

I think in the future meat production will disappear. It generates a load of carbon and isn't a very efficient method of generating food. People will move towards a vegan diet over decades if not longer. Any meat that is eaten will probably come from a lab. And of course over the time vegan products will become tastier.

mention that though and you get a load of angry people screaming about how no-one can tell them what to eat.

I disagree on much of that. Most recent evidence is that grazing animals on pasture is essential for the environment and produces good food.
    Taking marginal land not suitable for anything much, growing species rich meadows and producing award winning beef is indeed an efficient use of that land, it can literally be used for nothing else bar forestry.

I can’t see a time when veganism will be mainstream never mind the majority but even if it were, as long as the extremists don’t make attempts to take away people choice to be omnivores it doesn’t bother me in the least.

• Advertisement

The low IQ bacon guzzling breakfast roll brigade are the moral equivalent of guards at Auschwitz. Factory farming of pigs is a disgrace.

The only good thing is that due to their unquestioning nature and aforementioned low IQ, they'll be guzzling laboratory grown meat soon without even knowing it.

Pig and poultry farming needs to change to free range.

If people tasted pork and bacon from free range pigs they would realise the pig products on the shelves at the moment are just a shadow of the real thing.

We rear free range pigs here for the table and literally nothing tastes like it. I’m just after a dinner of 95% pork sausages I made here myself from our own reared pigs.

Thing is consumers want loads and loads of cheap meat products. We should be looking to less much better products.
    They are out there to buy but people aren’t buying them in any numbers because they cost more, it’s an example of people getting the farming that they are supporting.

I understand her exasperation though. What it implies isn't actually true (all vegans having to tell people. I actually think that's a made up thing). And the poster in question just posts passive aggressive memes without any thought and scuttles off (gets away with it coz mod).

And take a look at the ones doing that ****e here. We could all mouth off and call people 'lunatics' and make up bs insinuations because we dont agree with what others are saying. But discussion does mean difference but it doesnt license anyone to be a b1tch - even if you don't agree with someone.

A random meme is not offensive to any one person btw - nasty vicious personal asides can be - see the thread for details - as could a photoshopped pic with a posters username on it. But you know what - I dont fuking care that some vegans hate it when people point out that much of what they are saying about food and especially farming is complete and utter twaddle. But there you go
    _Brian wrote: »
    If the extremists were leashed up things would be easier. They are a bunch of fascists who want to force everyone to conform to their doctrine because they have an emotional weakness regarding farmed animals. They cannot see the difference between good and bad farming practice.

If they had a chance in the morning they would take away the choice from people regarding what they choose to eat.

This. Anytime there is a any criticism of what some vegans are saying - you get an all out attack by the usual eejits. Try and engage in discussion and it's the same personal rubbish again and again. Tbh I dont give a ****e at this stage - it's like water off a ducks back to me lol.

And even when othet posters try to use humour - they get offended whilst other posters get shat upon by the same bunch time and time again

Though tbh I can now see why the OP posted this thread -
    About them vegans

opinionated vegetable eaters

Yup OP. I've squarely came down with your opinion on this after this latest round of crap and bs attacks. Well done lads you can all take a bow ;)

The problem with reports and indeed most sponsored science articles is they always seem to confirm the beliefs of the sponsor.

Throw up any topic and I will easily find scientific reports to contradict yours.

It’s very damaging and the general public are getting lost, which leaves them easy prey for unscrupulous corporations with addenda.

Corporations would dearly love to produce all foods in factories and warehouses and not need to deal with farmers or anyone but chemical suppliers. Don’t think for a second great they aren’t manipulating science reports and medial releases of the same to further their position.

Anyone who doesn’t realise this is going on is cannon fodder for these guys.

Yeah I know I mean farmers would probably post something else to back up theit points so it just goes around in circles.
    However given the environmental damage caused by beef and dairy I’ve yet to hear anyone tell us how we can continue to grow this industry without it being detriment to our environment.

Freking hilarious. But I dont say any of that crap. Lol. And yes veggies are good for you and so is meat ...

Do try and get it right next time luv.

• Advertisement

Yeah I know I mean farmers would probably post something else to back up theit points so it just goes around in circles.
    However given the environmental damage caused by beef and dairy I’ve yet to hear anyone tell us how we can continue to grow this industry without it being detriment to our environment.

I think there are options but it will need a holistic approach that currently doesn’t exist.

How do you think airlines offset their environmental impact. Through lots of optics and good press.

Do you think a €10 flight from Ryanair butlrning 5 litres of fuel per minute is environmentally friendly, no they buy their way out by donation towards planting trees that would be planted anyway so it’s meaningless.

I read a study for Australia that showed that when given the option only 30% of passengers paid to offset their flight emissions. People don’t care.

Increases in the impact of farming could be offset by increases in the national forestry acreage same as airlines “offset” their damage.

My questions about the increases are about the practices employed. Increased densities, increased housing periods, more rations fed.
    That’s not how I want animals farmed, animals should be farmed in a manner as close to their natural environment as is possible.

Pity that industry paid for report is based on a rather large amount of factually incorrect information and was designed to bolster private investment in the fake meat industy

Anyway the guardian is never consistent - here it explains how fake meat - just like all highly processed food is unhealthy...

https://www.theguardian.com/food/2019/jan/27/the-trouble-with-fake-meat-beetroot-burgers-food-substitutes

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭DoozerT6

lol. Someone opens a thread saying 'vegans, amirite??'

15 pages later.....

It's been done, guys.

Didn’t I read somewhere that Warren Buffett is pulling his investments out of fake meat production.
    Interesting that the person considered the best investor on the planet isn’t confident of the future to leave his lolly there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭pq0n1ct4ve8zf5

Yes I can see why you'd object to my tone, after all you're a man who remains so very calm and pleasant responding to others. I particularly like where you call me a bitch
    PETA? Lol.

This PETA which has a policy of illegally taking and killing peoples pets? Dont make me puke.
    Yer making a show of yourselfs lols!
    If you dont like me posting tough. If you're not going to have a piss get off the pot - then use your ignore button and stop derailing yet another thread with your personal likes and dislikes. As you said insufferable ...
    You're truely utterly obsessed - your ranting is truly deranged so I'm going to let you at. The username is apt btw.

But yeah maybe your right - go hug a cactus :D

Didn’t I read somewhere that Warren Buffett is pulling his investments out of fake meat production.
    Interesting that the person considered the best investor on the planet isn’t confident of the future to leave his lolly there.

It’s not the way forward perhaps but nor is the current model of beef and dairy production. We all need to produce and eat less of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭pq0n1ct4ve8zf5

Like lab grown meat or things like the beyond burger?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,969 ✭✭✭Assetbacked

I wouldn't necessarily say that is because he doesn't trust fake meat companies going forward but rather that, as with Uber, Facebook, Amazon etc. the hyper valuations are a bubble and it is inevitable these companies will suffer massive hits to their share prices.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭archer22

Or more money for feeding the ungrateful public 🙄

The average income on a beef farm in Ireland is €8000 including direct payments. Hardly a fortune

Ah now c'mon, you hardly expect anyone to swallow that!...this thread is getting more ludicrous by the minute :D

Yes I can see why you'd object to my tone, after all you're a man who remains so very calm and pleasant responding to others. I particularly like where you call me a bitch

Really??? Complete bullcrap. Btw I did not call anyone here a 'bitch'. However - you called your vegan 'friend' a bitch if you remember! You also funnily enough call yourself Jamari Defeated Plantation and yes that is "apt" imo given your level of vicious and frankly nasty comments.

Heres you calling one of your vegan friend(?) A bitch
    I know so many veg*ns. So so many. There's only the one preachy one I can think of and that bitch is preachy about every bloody thing.

Lol and those few othet comments against for example this - absolute vicious ****e dripping with bile as an opening post inexplicably not even posted in reply to anything in the discussion.
    ...ranting and raving away in it like a lunatic.Because your personal crusade and the level of anger and nastiness you bring to it is far more interesting than what people do or don't eat. You train wreck every thread lashing out left right and centre, editing your arguments post hoc, wilfully misrepresenting other people and making personal remarks and insinuations and then when you've successfully scuppered any calm discussion and made a show of yourself start acting like the fact that people are noticing your mental behaviour means you've somehow won the argument.

The anger and nastiness and personal comments are all yours Jamari Defeated Plantation. And more importantly complete and utter horse****e - and all of that just because you do not agree with what I post in defence of farming and those who chose to eat meat as part of their diet. Yes you and those usual nasty puerile vicious comments can be seen for what they really are.

Btw as you quoted it - this is what I replied to the above puerile crap.
    gozunda wrote:
    You're truely utterly obsessed - your ranting is truly deranged so I'm going to let you at. The username is apt btw.But yeah maybe your right - go hug a cactus :D

So that is correct - I don't like your tone or the pathetic comments. And no I dont care if you are a vegan or whatever.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,646 ✭✭✭_blaaz

Really??? Complete bullcrap. Btw I did not call anyone here a 'bitch'. However - you called your vegan 'friend' a bitch if you remember! You also funnily enough call yourself electro~bitch and yes that is "apt" imo given your level of vicious and frankly nasty comments.

Heres you calling one of your vegan friend(?) A bitch

Lol and those few othet comments against for example this - absolute vicious ****e dripping with bile as an opening post inexplicably not even posted in reply to anything in the discussion.

The anger and nastiness and personal comments are all yours electro~bitch. And more importantly complete and utter horse****e - and all of that just because you do not agree with what I post in defence of farming and those who chose to eat meat as part of their diet. Yes you and those usual nasty puerile vicious comments can be seen for what they really are.

Btw as you quoted it - this is what I replied to the above puerile crap.

So that is correct - I don't like your tone or the pathetic comments. And no I dont care if you are a vegan or whatever.

You taking the internet too serious kid

Chillax

archer22 wrote: »
    Ah now c'mon, you hardly expect anyone to swallow that!...this thread is getting more ludicrous by the minute :D

Figures released by the government agency that monitors and advices farms.

Average farm incomes dropped by 21% in 2018 - Teagasc

https://www.rte.ie/news/connacht/2019/0530/1052631-farm-incomes-teagasc/

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 53 ✭✭FaxingBerlin

Just after having 2 big pieces of sirloin there, unreal
    I dont know how anyone could go without eating meat.80% of my food costs is meat from the butchers.

_blaaz wrote: »
    You taking the internet too serious kid
    Chillax

Yeah I hear a load of people here are advocating weed. Thanks all the same - but no thanks. I can still spot bullcrap at several miles out lol :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,733 ✭✭✭OMM 0000

Just after having 2 big pieces of sirloin there, unreal
    I dont know how anyone could go without eating meat.80% of my food costs is meat from the butchers.

I used to do keto (I lift weights) and being a meat eater made my life so easy.

Throw a steak on a pan.

Throw some chicken breasts on a pan.

Throw some pork on a pan.

So I totally get where you're coming from.

Eating meat is easy, you feel good, it's enjoyable, and actually it's not that expensive if you do it right.

But I always felt it's wrong, so I became a vegetarian.

Part of me does miss those keto days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,646 ✭✭✭_blaaz

Yeah I hear a load of people here are advocating weed. Thanks all the same - but no thanks. I can still spot bullcrap at several miles out lol :pac:

Mate,theres no sense to.the abuse your throwin out

Veganism is good for everyone in the world,no.need to be trying to crap all over everyone for it

Figures released by the government agency that monitors and advices farms.

Average farm incomes dropped by 21% in 2018 - Teagasc

https://www.rte.ie/news/connacht/2019/0530/1052631-farm-incomes-teagasc/

So in that case there are families living on around 185 Euros a week in Ireland..and able to run a jeep and tractor on it as well as all the ordinary everyday bills.

Jasus almighty that's some financial management...RTE should fire Eddie Hobbs and hire those guys ha ha.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 53 ✭✭FaxingBerlin

OMM 0000 wrote: »
    I used to do keto (I lift weights) and being a meat eater made my life so easy.

Throw a steak on a pan.

Throw some chicken breasts on a pan.

Throw some pork on a pan.

So I totally get where you're coming from.

Eating meat is easy, you feel good, it's enjoyable, and actually it's not that expensive if you do it right.

But I always felt it's wrong, so I became a vegetarian.

Part of me does miss those keto days.

And how is the weightlifting going since the change?

Was these any noticeable differences in your performance in the gym or changes to your health?

I have read of some athletes that are vegan but it's mostly endurance athletes from what I've read.

The boxer David haye never really looked the same when he went vegan.

And how is the weightlifting going since the change?

Was these any noticeable differences in your performance in the gym or changes to your health?

I have read of some athletes that are vegan but it's mostly endurance athletes from what I've read.

I do weightlifting and you can easily substitute what you get from meat from the many high protein products.
    If you want an even easier alternative just use Creatine.

The reason people can look different is not that they lose muscle but rather because they lose excess body fat

• Advertisement

archer22 wrote: »
    So in that case there are families living on around 185 Euros a week in Ireland..and able to run a jeep and tractor on it as well as all the ordinary everyday bills.

Jasus almighty that's some financial management...RTE should fire Eddie Hobbs and hire those guys ha ha.

Don’t be silly.
    Those are business costs same as any self employ person.

The farm income is wit is left after expenses are accounted for, it’s what the family live on.

Talk abkut tractors is like saying a factory worker is rich because he uses a half million€ piece of equipment to do his job in the factory

Advertisement