Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

About them vegans lads

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,646 ✭✭✭_blaaz

gozunda wrote: »
    What's wrong with that post? Dont like it? Tbh all I see is more bs replies from angry posters?

Nothing...except your goading people for no reason....your previous deleted post (which was poor enough taste) didnt get any bite....so you tried again

If you keep goading looking for negative replies,youll have no bother getting em....i just dont see why you want that hassle

• Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

_blaaz wrote: »
    Nothing...except your goading people for no reason....your previous deleted post (which was poor enough taste) didnt get any bite....so you tried again
    If you keep goading looking for negative replies,youll have no bother getting em....i just dont see why you want that hassle

So something got deleted. Get a grip - it simply was a reply to even more rubbish like above. Cant even remember what it was tbh.

But bullcrap. I'm not the one writing about mental hospitals and other rubbish. Go get your facts straight. Why you not criticising those comments eh?

Btw you missed the second part of my post above. I had to post it as the signal here can be poor. Dont like that then I dont give a proverbial.
    And yeah it's quite clear now you are trying to stir ****e tbh.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 600 ✭✭✭Lil Sally Anne Jnr.

Nothing sadder than the people who get all butthurt about vegans. Oh yeah, I forgot. The men's rights activists.

Bull****. I'm not the one writing about mental hospitals and other bull****. Go get your facts straight.

Btw you missed the second part of my post above. I had to post it as the signal here can be poor. Dont like that then I dont give a proverbial.
    And yeah it's quite clear now you are trying to stir ****e tbh.

Why are you cursing at me??

I wasnt critising your post??

I was critising you writing a post,getting no reaction,so deleting it and trying again with a different post

You can eff and blind at me all you want mate,but accusing someone of stiring sh1te when you post confrontational posts,but delete and retry for reaction with another different post is just making you look silly

Feel free to report my post and a mod can come in and confirm/deny the existance of said deleted post

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭pq0n1ct4ve8zf5

Do you not notice that Brian, Buford and other posters don't get nearly the pushback you do? How can you say you get the reaction you do just for sticking up for farming? Sure you were saying you were having a go at me because I'm slagging off farming, read my posts in this thread, I'm not.

It's like a guy wearing a blue hat who walks into a bar, starts pushing people, shouting, breaking glasses and then thinks people are rounding on him because of the fcuking hat.

And that's an ANALOGY I'm not accusing you of that.

• Advertisement

_blaaz wrote: »

I fear for you blaaz.

Fair play if you are from a farming background and for being open and honest but the antivegans of boards won’t thank you for it.

They’ll probably go after you. I’ve noticed a few nice souls from the farming industry being shut down by the vocal few.

Some practices are best kept quiet.

Have you the time to reply to several people attacking you that seem to have a lot of free time ?

Boards has taught me that farming may actually be quite the life. Not the dawn ‘til dusk job I’d always been told it was. Maybe if you get the subsidies and farm size right it’s an easy enough life.

Would love to see some monthly and annual breakdowns on subsidies received and for what reasons.

I fear for you blaaz.

Fair play if you are from a farming background and for being open and honest but the antivegans of boards won’t thank you for it.

They’ll probably go after you. I’ve noticed a few nice souls from the farming industry being shut down by the vocal few.

Some practices are best kept quiet.

Have you the time to reply to several people attacking you that seem to have a lot of free time ?

Boards has taught me that farming may actually be quite the life. Not the dawn ‘til dusk job I’d always been told it was. Maybe if you get the subsidies and farm size right it’s an easy enough life.

Would love to see some monthly and annual breakdowns on subsidies received and for what reasons.

Sure let them....ive never actually encountered anyone who cares about what others eat,be they vegan or normal (i guess??)

Afaik agriland.ie sometimes has the top 10 figures released for subsidies paid out....but theyd be mostly like releasing CEOs wages and thinking everyone earns similar

If lad looked hard or cared enough they could probably track down who gets what as regards subsidies as its taxpayer money at end of the day,someone has to account for it???

Do you not notice that Brian, Buford and other posters don't get nearly the pushback you do? How can you say you get the reaction you do just for sticking up for farming? Sure you were saying you were having a go at me because I'm slagging off farming, read my posts in this thread, I'm not.
    It's like a guy wearing a blue hat who walks into a bar, starts pushing people, shouting, breaking glasses and then thinks people are rounding on him because of the fcuking hat.

You are the gift that just keeps giving lol.

Indeed Brian has already been lambasted by one of your little friends. And yes even Buford has been targeted by similar in other threads. So no that bull**** doesnt wash lol.

The difference is I've stood up to your bullcrsp and you dont like that lol. But then this happens in other threads as well. Boo hook.

Yeah you stopped "slagging" of farmers when you thought you were going to get caught out with your attacks. You really just cant help yourself. It doesnt matter you are a laughing stock now as the thread is titled "
    "them vegan lads" "opinionated vegetable eaters"

Heres an analogy. It's like a bunch of kids in kindergarten who keep fighting, screaming and biting the other kids and then think the adults are nasty and unfair when these tantrums are pointed out as bad behaviour.

I fear for you blaaz. Fair play if you are from a farming background and for being open and honest but the antivegans of boards won’t thank you for it.
    They’ll probably go after you. I’ve noticed a few nice souls from the farming industry being shut down by the vocal few. Some practices are best kept quiet. Have you the time to reply to several people attacking you that seem to have a lot of free time ? Boards has taught me that farming may actually be quite the life. Not the dawn ‘til dusk job I’d always been told it was. Maybe if you get the subsidies and farm size right it’s an easy enough life. Would love to see some monthly and annual breakdowns on subsidies received and for what reasons.

But Klopp - Blaaz says he is a farmer. And as you are you implying all farmers of being lazy clunts who get lots of grant's and subsidies - the way you accuse every other farmers on other threads of the same.

But then you seem to hate all farmers. You've said that more or less often enough. And posting, and thanking this type of stuff at all hours of the morning and night. Would love to see some breakdown of monthly and annual how that type of thing is supported tbh.

Theres no "antivegans" (sic) just those that dont like the rubbish that some post lol - as highlighted by the OP. But you know that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭archer22

I wonder is his condition caused by eating too much meat?...might be consuming dangerously high levels of it.

• Advertisement

But Klopp - Blaaz says he is a farmer. And as you are you implying all farmers of being lazy clunts who get lots of grant's and subsidies - the way you accuse every other farmers on other threads of the same.

But them Klopp you hate all farmers. You've said that often enough. And you are posting, and thanking this type of rubbish at all hours of the morning and night. Would love to see some breakdown of monthly and annual breakdowns how that type of thing is supported tbh.

Theres no "antivegans" (sic) just those that dont like the rubbish that some post lol including the OP. But you know that.

I don’t think it’s healthy to interact with you.

I’ve no interest in receiving pm’s, from you, asking me if I’m gay so I won’t respond to your posts.

I don’t think it’s healthy to interact with you. I’ve no interest in receiving pm’s, from you, asking me if I’m gay so I won’t respond to your posts.

Lol. Right back at you mate. Dont reckon that type of rubbish reply is healthy at all. Wtf are you on about??? - don't know who you think was asked about being gay or otherwise. But you've clearly been listening to rubbish again Klopp. Why in the world would you send a PM? Can you not use reply? No worries if you cant btw. Why so concerned about farmers in a different country though - they are not doing you any harm are they?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,285 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

OMM 0000 wrote: »
    I can't feel any health benefits, but there is a psychological benefit knowing I'm not hurting animals.

It doesn't hurt them so much as annoy them a little, but the hens aren't thrilled when you take the eggs. Not annoyed enough to peck you full force, but they'll say **** about you behind your back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭pq0n1ct4ve8zf5

kowloon wrote: »
    It doesn't hurt them so much as annoy them a little, but the hens aren't thrilled when you take the eggs. Not annoyed enough to peck you full force, but they'll say **** about you behind your back.

They'll say **** about anyone though.

As I said, I grew up in the country and I'll tell you, hens are gossipy kunts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,891 ✭✭✭prinzeugen

Here is one question that no vegan has answered yet.

If the world food supply chain was to collapse (nuclear war, meteor, shift of the poles or zombies for example), could you survive on a 100% vegan diet using only Irish grown foods. Zero imports from outside the isle of Ireland?

I doubt it!

You should keep ducks tbh. They are much more zen like. They don't give a proverbial if you take the eggs or otherwise. Great at eating slugs and other pests tbh. And more importantly ducks don't go in for that type of crap imo ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,135 ✭✭✭rom

prinzeugen wrote: »

If the world food supply chain was to collapse (nuclear war, meteor, shift of the poles or zombies for example), could you survive on a 100% vegan diet using only Irish grown foods. Zero imports from outside the isle of Ireland?

I doubt it!

Are you sure this has not already happened, the zombie part?

rom wrote: »
    Are you sure this has not already happened, the zombie part?

I am starting to wonder.. Glued to mobiles wandering around in heards like sheep.. Do zombies eat sheep?

If the zombies come I am getting a data plan and going vegan. I can resemble a lamp that a dog has pissed up against a few times! The light from the phone and the cabbage farts might just fool them!

Or I will just look up Instagram, give them the phone and run.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,285 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

You should keep ducks tbh. They are much more zen like. They don't give a proverbial if you take the eggs or otherwise. Great at eating slugs and other pests in the garden tbh. And more importantly ducks don't go in for that type of crap imo ;)

The ducks I've had were fine but some of the drakes were a bit cantankerous. One in particular used to get all tough and nippy, but only from the other side of the gate. The trick was to to pick him up and tell him he was a good duck and embarrass him on front of the girls.

The ducks I've had were fine but some of the drakes were a bit cantankerous. One in particular used to get all tough and nippy, but only from the other side of the gate. The trick was to to pick him up and tell him he was a good duck and embarrass him on front of the girls.

Lol an embarrassed drake !

Ah ok - agreed

In the avian world ducks are omnivores and will eat anything - slugs, grass, weeds, worms, bettles - you name it and they are in general peace loving denizens of the farmyard.

Geese - who as planteaters only eat grass and weeds but are otherwise vicous cnuts and will happily have a go at a full grown human, dogs, sheep, you name it ...

What gives?

• Advertisement

Sheep? A term for people that follow whatever they are told without question.

Humans are the same. One person does something, other will do the same. "They are doing it so it must be OK".

I am starting to wonder.. Glued to mobiles wandering around in heards like sheep.. Do zombies eat sheep?

If the zombies come I am getting a data plan and going vegan. I can resemble a lamp that a dog has pissed up against a few times! The light from the phone and the cabbage farts might just fool them!

Or I will just look up Instagram, give them the phone and run.

Indeed there are such things as zombie sheep ;)

Have you watched the film "Black Sheep"? A tale of Zombified sheep in New Zealand.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,003 ✭✭✭Hammer89

They'll say **** about anyone though.

As I said, I grew up in the country and I'll tell you, hens are gossipy kunts.

Did you have roosters? I like roosters. I learned about real alpha males from roosters. I spent time on a farm in America and every night I'd have to throw a bowl full of carrot shavings and the like into the enclosure, which was full of about nine hens and one big rooster.

They'd all come flocking toward the fence when they saw me. You'd think the rooster, being the biggest, would go hell for leather and start bullying the little ones amid the shower of carrot shavings, but it was quite the opposite. He often wouldn't get much of them; not because he didn't like carrot shavings you understand, but because if he was about to dig in, and a hen came up behind him, he'd yield and let her eat them, as if to say, 'Go ahead girl. I'll find another pile' and the same would happen again when he did. I remember thinking, 'Damn, this is a leader, an alpha'.

He could be selfish and eat everything in sight, given his size, but he eats last, like real leaders. He was a class act. I say 'was' because unfortunately a big nasty raccoon broke into the pen one night and devoured every single one of them, but I like to believe that the rooster, with those big fish-hook claws of his, landed a few blows of his own before succumbing. In fact I know he did.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,733 ✭✭✭OMM 0000

I doubt it!

You could, assuming you eat eggs and dairy.

Otherwise it might be hard (impossible?) to get your protein requirements.

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭Hobosan

OMM 0000 wrote: »
    You could, assuming you eat eggs and dairy.

Otherwise it might be hard (impossible?) to get your protein requirements.

You can get all the protein you need from nuts, and it pays well.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,748 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

F*ckin hell, some of ye actually spent all night arguing this nonsense. Good commitment!
    Yeah and allegedly those involved in agriculture and horticulture do not know what they are talking about. We must defer to those who like to get stoned for horticultural and agricultural advice. Right so I'm off to grow bananas ...

You don't know what any of us do and you don't know what our habits are. Expected though, it seems to be your general tone when arguing.
    _Brian wrote: »
    How can farms expand.
    The price of land exceeds the profit that can be made on it, possibly excluding dairy.

Plus you can’t make people see their land. I’m landlocked by 5 bachelors none would sell a sq meter.

You figure it out Brian, like all other industries do.

F*ckin hell, some of ye actually spent all night arguing this nonsense. Good commitment!

Yeah funny that. It was mostly nonsense for sure. ;)
    you don't know what any of us do and you don't know what our habits are. Expected though, it seems to be your general tone when arguing.

Well that was clearly a tongue in cheek reply who did indeed reckon that they knew more than a whole bunch of experts in horticulture etc. It goes without saying none of us know each other! But seriously do you have to deliver each comment with ad hominem and bring that to the 'discussion'? Really no need to copy a small number of other idiots who do that crap as a pastime is there?

But hey knock yourself out setting up your cannabis farm. Come back and tell us how you are getting on. I would certainly be interested in that.

Aye will do, G.

Would be odd considering I never suggested it but whatever you reckon yourself. Must be busy on your farm this week.

Aye will do, G.

Would be odd considering I never suggested it but whatever you reckon yourself. Must be busy on your farm this week.

Good. If it was legal - I'm sure there are some who might risk the investment of millions in fully operational growhouses. But no I'm happy with what I do tbh. But yeah doing some necessary paper work atm - no rest for the wicked eh? Anyway I presume you must be busy in work - but thats none of my business I'm sure your agree.

• Advertisement

If it was legal - I'm sure there are some who might risk the investment of millions in fully operational growhouses.

That's basically what I said yesterday, glad to see you're onside.

Wasn't this a thread about vegans?

Advertisement