Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

October 2019 Babies Club

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,893 Mod ✭✭✭✭shesty

Suggest M&S "up to one month" size as very good...bigger than newborn but smaller than 0-3 months.Mothercare do that size too.You'd get a good couple of months out of them (assuming you don't have a whopper like I did last time...nothing in my bag fitted him). I would get a maternity bra or two if you want to BF...again I find M&S most comfy, Mothercare etc work for other people.Couple of small hats and cardigans for the hospital.Not loads, but they will want the baby in them for the day or two after the birth.

Bibs.
    Muslins....if you are BF, TKMaxx often do big, huge muslins, great for a coverup if you feel that way.
    Waterwipes for us in the hospital.Did cotton wool and water first time round....decided on water wipes on 2 & 3, life is too short to be trying to clean newborn nappies with cotton wool balls!!

Try donedeal or something either Milly, you could probably find an almost new one there.Just buy your own new mat then.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭Synyster Shadow

Anyone always cold? It's such a lovely warm day and I'm under a blanket..
    It's been a thing from the start pretty much.

I love the baby clothes from Tesco.. H&M summer clothes are great the winter bits I'm not so sure about. If I was heading up north I'd buy some from Asda too. Always loved them.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,638 ✭✭✭Milly33

I am always frozen too, finding it very hard to warm up.. Gave myself really bad heatrash as I overheated myself trying to keep warm..

I must say off all the stuff we got I found that TK maxx and the MS the quailty was very bad, they look nice but just dont last, between shrinkage and bits falling off them...

The cotton pleats you get in Aldi are great rather than using cotton wool (that stuff just sticks to the babys butt).

Least I know I'm not alone on this. I'm getting the tiredness again but thinking it's down to the head cold. 16 and a half weeks already. Anomoly scan in 3 weeks time so I'll know if it's a boy or girl. Think the kids are more nervous about it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭catrionanic

Milly just on the lifting thing.... think of your pelvic floor too. Try to breathe out as you lift your daughter. Pregnancy puts a lot of strain and weakens the pelvic floor muscles, and lifting makes it worse too.

Also, those swivel spin car seats are worth their weight in gold. My son was 12 months old when we got pregnant with number two, and I really could not have handled hauling him in and out of a normal car seat. I get SPD in pregnancy also which makes everything so much harder.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,893 Mod ✭✭✭✭shesty

100% agree.
    Don't want to be wrestling a toddler into a car seat, leaning in to get them in with a hge bump.Those swivel ones are brilliant.

thanks ladies, we must head in actually to test out some car seats, not too gone on the swivels but well see sure how things go... Just coming to the end of a quick holiday.. God she is a gem routine all out the window and still flying it really hope no. 2 is as good, were nearly afriad to think about it..

exciting times for ye all them Shadow, do you have any thoughts boy or girl yourself yet? Have our first midwives app next week so looking forward to that.. All has been great on holiday but defo need to take it easy walked too fast one eve and felt it after and defo had to say no to carrying a few bits and bobs.. The bump is getting bigger by the day..

Getting very full quickly too like could really just do brekie and lunch for the day... And going through they I feel like crap phase, but cant wait to feel just loverly in a few weeks

I had girl in my head for a fair while but I keep dreaming boy. I've spent the last 2 days doing the garden front and back so I'm tired now and wanna lie down for the day.
    The SPD has kicked in and the popping and banging noises are a go. My poor man still looks shocked when he hears it.
    Its gonna be a quiet weekend I'm hoping

Oh that sounds nasty SS sorry do you mind if i do that, as my spelling is awfull :) I can not if you prefer.. Was actually thinking of that today people shorten kids names, we have one and im like mmm how do i saw i dont like it..

Is it you are popping and banging does it sound that loud?

Has anyone found any good decant support knickers? I didnt get them the last time but thinking dya know i think id like some nice ones this time round.. I got some belly bands from my sis and found them today just more like a boob tube for your belly, but very comfy...

I have been looking at Pat Pat but I have never ordered from them so debating.. I did find two reg knickers now in dunnes, one is just so cozy but more like cozy baggy pants, and the others have no tummy support.. So any suggestions welcome...Except for spanx I cant believe they do maternity knickers, youd be knackered trying to put them on

SS works for me.. I know some names should never be shortened. Both my kids have short names and some make my sons longer and its awful for a boy. Lucy is either goose or they drop the y. And Jack is Jack or Jackie.

I literally pop and bang in the pelvis and back area its brutal and it will get louder. I was always waiting for a snap with the other 2 kids.

I need to get a support belt in the next month at least to help lift it off my pelvis when it gets bigger.

• Advertisement

really they drop the Y in Lucy!! Would drive me bonkers.. Oh dear again jes sounds horrible.. Does the support belt give you much relief.. You had it already with the other two also did you or was it a result of one birth, sorry i am so nosey just love to know how things work...

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭starlady1

Can anyone tell me where would I get a maternity dress for a wedding? Invitation came in the door today. I'll be 30 weeks by then imagine!

Didnt really buy any maternity clothes but Dress lilly if you have enough time are actually quite good. Especially if you dont want to spend a lot on the dress. Just order in plenty of time and a few sizes too big

Milly, I had it with the first two. Didn't help they were back to back babies. They say you get it quicker each pregnancy.

Starlady, I was looking on H&M and the maternity section has some nice dresses. There reasonably priced too

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭starlady1

Thanks for the suggestions ladies. Have asked a few people who are going to see what they have at home and if that doesn't work I'll have to buy something!

Looking forward to the first mid wives appointment tom, must say not feeling super great this week. Skin is just terrible, and have this cloud of a headache the last few days and feeling down.. I dont know it is weird this time round and i even feel bad saying it, but with the first it was just feeling glorious everyday, not temptations to do anything i shouldnt do, had my food down to a tee, this time round tis just differant.. Not feeling super fantastic about anything really this week, defo going to say it to the mid wife tom so that is ok, sorry just needed a rant or say it...

Still so convinced it is a boy the way it is so differant

I feel you on the headaches and skin thing. I've been stressed this week so I'm feeling blah. But anxiety is something I've had on and off most my life. Its manageable though and my doctor is good at keeping tabs.

I've 2 weeks to wait to find out what we're having and I'm proper inpatient now

Good to hear you have a good doctor, they arent easy to find... I hope this phase passes soon now... I am going to try and give up the coffee now the next few weeks, i do love a cup but lately it has'nt been agreeing with me, didnt even think about it until i drank tea one day instead...And noticed too the few days i was off it for some reason my skin was better, the clogs are ticking at last :)...

Oh the wait isnt easy, god i remember the first we were very tempted to get a private scan done.. I think we have mid june for ours so a good few weeks to go...

This baby is definitely my most active.. least daddy gets to feel it too. Probably not helping I'm in destruction mode with the house and the more I pull apart the more I got to clean. Been at it since 8am and finally showered and on the couch now after 9pm. I also have tomorrow mapped out which will be just as busy.

What will I be like when I am actually nesting

Ah nesting has begun has it!! Oh i love it nothing like a good sprint clean to then fill it up with more stuff but still ohh you must feel great after it do you... Feeling lots of movement then are ye, lucky ye...

• Advertisement

I'm not a fan of nesting cause I'm a zombie after it. It's great to have it all done though.

The movements are crazy I'm nearly swearing there's 2 in there. Either that or a monster baby.
    My partner had his ear to bump at one point and got kicked nicely. Think it shocked him

Ah so lucky, i can feel himself (ill call him that) move the odd time and especially in the shower, but my husband has'nt felt it too much.. Is your bump big? Mine is after popping out the last few weeks tis huge, and the boobs are defo feeling fuller which never happened with the first...

2 Ahh would love twins but oh would you survive. I saw a lady in the airport with triplets even the buggy was an ordeal three maxi cozis on a frame

was falling asleep last night. If anyone is looking we took a stroll into Pennys the last day (carnage way too much stuff) but they do have lovely light dressing gowns in there for the hospital 10euro and they have great nightshirts down to 5.50, I remember using one like it last time and they were great as they are lovely and loose and have buttons in the front for feeding and also for during labour, you really dont want to be wearing anything expensive :)..

A question for anyone into the herbal side of things, and yep i certainly will ask the Midwife or GP (well prob better with the midwife) but I used to take a glass of milk just a small glass with a teaspoon of turmeric in it every other day for circulation and just for general wellness before i got pregnant. I read somewhere that you arent suppose to take it while pregnant something to do with the lining of the womb.. Had anyone heard of this or know anything about it..

Finally had the anomaly scan today. Forgot how big a relief it is to have it done. Almost like holding my breath all the way up to that point.
    Baby is very active (which I knew) and healthy weight and size. Seen everything which was amazing and know that it's a boy. He also gave us the middle finger which she gave us a picture of. It was such a light hearted moment.
    My partner was in awe of it all. Was a magical time together

Huge congrats to ye!! Ah it must feel fantastic to see him and a him yeppee are ye smitten... Yeah it is such a relief alright i cant wait for ours think we have one more week to go and then tis on a Monday... Just to get the assurance that all is ok. I feel movements but not mad ones like herself again so would just love to be sure, to be sure..

So are the minds thinking of names now !! Loverly that you had your partner their with you too...

Sometimes i think tis so odd for the men as it is us going through it all and they are left kinda in the backround. It is so nice to include them in all, my husband was the greatest for all, especially the delivery..

We knew the names as such but it been a boy sealed it completely cause we wanted to name him after my partners granddad.
    So we now know its baby Sam. Simple but I love it.
    He really loved the whole scan. He wished it lasted longer though. And has mentioned doing it again privately

Sam!! Loverly name very strong but simple as you say...Ah sure if ye would enjoy more scans sure go for it.. A shame you dont get more in the public scheme but sure you can get it all...

Was tempted to see if we could get a doppler so himself could hear the heartbeat more often but said no.. I wish this coldness would bugger off, had the heating on plus two hot water bottles today to keep me warm and im frozen now it is mad.. I was talking to a lady there and so strange how much the kids are like you in more ways that looks. Like with morning people or night time people, and certain things we do..

How is everyone doing! After picking up some kind of cold here, was wondering as I was knackered the last few days but put it down to travelling.. But nope herself had it for a few days and now me, sore throat is the worst.. Waiting patiently for out Anom scan on Monday, it will be great to see the little one

• Advertisement

I'm back to morning sickness only this time causing me to get sick.. only started this week..
    But baby Sam is thriving and moving so much..
    I'm looking at the hospital cards for the other two kiddies and I'm lighter this time around but thinking that's down to me walking 4 to 6 miles a day.. keep been told I'm neat..
    I'm finding the weather a drag though it zaps my energy

Advertisement