Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

007 Mafia: GoldenWolf - GAME THREAD

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

TheSkunk wrote: »
    Hey people win the lotto on higher odds :pac:

I get what you’re saying though, you don’t think there is a possibility of him being the motion detector and that’s why you said it.

All I’m saying is I wouldn’t be posting roles on thread this early.

If bounty was the motion detector, he'd be pretty safe to come out as it.

The motion detector is just as likely to get a village killed than to catch mafia.

Lets say the mafia role copped a vanilla townie 'fred', and the motion detector came out shouting, I caught fred, he moved last night, he's a mafioso dude, believe me, i'm the motion detector, so we lynch fred, and he turns out to be vanilla town, so now we lynch the motion detector for killing fred.

Its not exactly a town friendly role and can be taken advantage off by the bad guys. Incorrect declarations can easily get to townies killed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Barney92

Would they not be better off staying hidden? It could be a good role if the other good roles were accounted for (either alive or dead). That means that if they follow someone else and they do something that they must be a baddy. If the doctor and roleblocker are dead (2E for example), then the motion detector can only really detect wolves moving.

It says they can detect actions performed on or by a player, but not what they were. I've not played with the role before, but would they be told if an action was performed by the person they followed or if the action the was done to them? Or would they simply be told the person they followed was involved in an action (either performed by them or done to them)? If they're told whether the action was performed by them then the role could be used as a seer near the end, if still alive.

Barney92 wrote: »
    Would they not be better off staying hidden? It could be a good role if the other good roles were accounted for (either alive or dead). That means that if they follow someone else and they do something that they must be a baddy. If the doctor and roleblocker are dead (2E for example), then the motion detector can only really detect wolves moving.

It says they can detect actions performed on or by a player, but not what they were. I've not played with the role before, but would they be told if an action was performed by the person they followed or if the action the was done to them? Or would they simply be told the person they followed was involved in an action (either performed by them or done to them)? If they're told whether the action was performed by them then the role could be used as a seer near the end, if still alive.

Bolded becomes true only after the mafia role cop is dead as well as the tracker and the doctor.

They only detect motion. the person the are checking could be being tracked, being protected, being role copped by mafia. or they could be doctoring or tracking or role copping or munching.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

sKeith wrote: »
    If bounty was the motion detector, he'd be pretty safe to come out as it.

The motion detector is just as likely to get a village killed than to catch mafia.

Lets say the mafia role copped a vanilla townie 'fred', and the motion detector came out shouting, I caught fred, he moved last night, he's a mafioso dude, believe me, i'm the motion detector, so we lynch fred, and he turns out to be vanilla town, so now we lynch the motion detector for killing fred.

Its not exactly a town friendly role and can be taken advantage off by the bad guys. Incorrect declarations can easily get to townies killed.

I follow your logic but dont agree with your conclusions.

MD can effectively clear themselves later in the game and form a core. In an isolated reveal like you have posited, they are largely useless; but there would be other ways to use the power to the villages benefit imo.

Bolded becomes true only after the mafia role cop is dead as well as the tracker and the doctor.

They only detect motion. the person the are checking could be being tracked, being protected, being role copped by mafia. or they could be doctoring or tracking or role copping or munching.

Okay, so they are just told if the person they followed was doing an action or having an action being performed upon them, but they aren't told which?

• Advertisement

Barney92 wrote: »
    Okay, so they are just told if the person they followed was doing an action or having an action being performed upon them, but they aren't told which?

They are just told, 'motion detected'.

And the player then has to figure out what scenarios exist where that can happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

That role sounds like a hard one to play well

They are just told, 'motion detected'.

And the player then has to figure out what scenarios exist where that can happen.

I see. Well if role cop and the two village roles are gone then it could be useful. Unlikely enough scenario I suppose, and even then they'd have to follow the wolf. Otherwise they'll be told motion detected about the person who is being munched.

Gone very quiet in here. By my reckoning there are still 5 people to post but they may not be aware the game has started yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,354 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

kitten_k wrote: »
    That role sounds like a hard one to play well

It could also come back to bite you in the ass.

All Eyes On Rafah

• Advertisement

Thanks sKeith but worries me that you figured out that he could be a RV and you posted that on the thread :confused:
    Gone very quiet in here. By my reckoning there are still 5 people to post but they may not be aware the game has started yet.

Decided to only speculate about roles in my BR since i was scolded for doing that on the main thread.

You weren't scolded! It was just pointed out that you should be more careful about revealing possible roled players - not that you cannot discuss the roles.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,392 ✭✭✭LadySkunk

Decided to only speculate about roles in my BR since i was scolded for doing that on the main thread.

Aww don’t be like that SK, no offence was meant. By all means speculate, just best holding off on RVs for awhile :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,926 ✭✭✭Clarabel

Which BR is that then?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,437 ✭✭✭tritium

Afternoon all
    Night 0 on choc chip, they town.

N0

NO role cop specified for village

NOt villiagery play

Dr No

VOTE skeith

• Registered Users Posts: 2,101 ✭✭✭Whiplashy

Hi everyone. I’m not totally sure I get the whole Matrix thing. Talk about complicated. I’m also stumped by the motion detector possibility. If we have one I think a lot of there “info” will be guess work so don’t think it will actually benefit us. I’m village btw. Just thought I’d slip that in there before someone *cough*dandy*cough* starts a ridiculous wagon on the basis that I’m a few hours late to a soft opening :D

tritium wrote: »
    Afternoon all

N0

NO role cop specified for village

NOt villiagery play

Dr No

VOTE skeith

So....you're saying......we need to shoot Baggly?

All Eyes On Rafah

I'm a serious note, are there tasks? May have missed that.

All Eyes On Rafah

On!!!!!!

I am not a serious note...

All Eyes On Rafah

Im not sure of what to make of all this, but im sensing someone wants me shot.

• Advertisement

Baggly wrote: »
    I follow your logic but dont agree with your conclusions.

MD can effectively clear themselves later in the game and form a core. In an isolated reveal like you have posited, they are largely useless; but there would be other ways to use the power to the villages benefit imo.

This. Town reveals this early aren’t good play. With auto priest role claims at the right time are a key village tool

What give you that impression Baggly :D

On!!!!!!

I am not a serious note...

vf1QAvDCBBCO.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

w.shoot @ Baggly

Lot's of eager players even this early. Nice to see it. Not sure what to make of it.

Nonsense! Who'd want that.

All Eyes On Rafah

fixxxer wrote: »
    w.shoot @ Baggly

Lot's of eager players even this early. Nice to see it. Not sure what to make of it.

Yay!!

All Eyes On Rafah

So....you're saying......we need to shoot Baggly?

Well if you have bullets to spare I’m sure we can find a use for them over the next few days

(pats vale down nervously- vale with a gun might be scary to everyone)

If he had a gun, id be shot by now.

Funny you say that but a few people are mentioning it alright....

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

What's a, where's a dragon boat festival?

In Taiwan where I am. missed most of it today but it's still happening tomorrow and Sunday.

Very open about your BR there SK.

Think I've missed the reason / joke that'd explain why everyone wants old bagpuss shot

Advertisement