Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

007 Mafia: GoldenWolf - GAME THREAD

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Open to correct, but the roles will be assigned by the mods randomly once the game start? Does that mean they stick or will slip slide around as the game goes on?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

I think they are just randed as per normal based on the roles in the matrix and if you have a role it is your role for the game

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,649 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

kitten_k wrote: »
    Morning all. Congrats Tusk on losing your mod virginity!

BH - not necessarily - could be 4 goons and no role cop (unless you know something we don’t)

and I have read the OP wrong already yay! off to a great start.

How long is this game expected to go? will we be playing right up to the Friends game? I'm afraid of Burnout after playing the last long game straight into monthly game.

How long is this game expected to go? will we be playing right up to the Friends game? I'm afraid of Burnout after playing the last long game straight into monthly game.

Yea I reckon it will bring us up pretty close to it.

I kind of like the idea of on thread voting too. Haven't done it before but it forces people to publicly nail their colors to the mast in the same way FFAs do to a lesser extent

• Advertisement

I reckon it will be a nightmare to mod and keep track of the votes, glad its not me!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,392 ✭✭✭LadySkunk

Hey everyone :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,216 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

Shoot baggly

Fcuk Putin. Glory to Ukraine!

Shoot baggly

Vale when people were saying welcome back to you I thought you were an older poster come back from a break. Didn’t realise your picture was Still Murray :o

I fricking love those games!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,926 ✭✭✭Clarabel

It's okay you're a wolf. We kill them first ;)

• Advertisement

Question for mods please. Will we be allowed to discuss the votes thread and quote/copy from it?

I assume yes, I can see me making votes to get reactions. Feel a vote will get a much stronger reaction than a FFA. I love the vote a wolf panic!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,067 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Clarabel wrote: »
    Question for mods please. Will we be allowed to discuss the votes thread and quote/copy from it?

Game Mod: Yep, it's a part of the game, so perfectly fine.

It's okay you're a wolf. We kill them first ;)

hmm you wink not after the accusation but after suggesting you will kill wolves first... so you don't really mean that... because you are a wolf. :pac:

Hopefully I won't get fatigue like near the end of the last game but if I die early it will at least give me more time to plan my Batman game :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

Long weekend (Inc Friday not Monday) here in Taiwan so I will hopefully get on a bit on Day 0. The Post limit isn't usually a worry for me, not being around at lynch time and the build up means I miss all the talk that would get me to over 50 posts a day anyway but I'll get 5 in a day.

Is the only thing we can gain from the method for randing roles what Clara says about if there is one known role we can work out other potentials for which combos might be out there. At least that will keep wolves unsure because we know what they are - 3 goons and someone chasing roles.

The only players who know this are the bad guys.
    Nobody else can work this out yet.

Hi bad guy #1.

Are you just a goon or the role cop?

hmm you wink not after the accusation but after suggesting you will kill wolves first... so you don't really mean that... because you are a wolf. :pac:

Oooh good semantics!

I'm not a wolf. GLARES

sKeith wrote: »

Hi bad guy #1.

Oh, someone pointed out a way you could know, and that would be you are exactly the motion detector.

So, either a 4 in 17 chance of being mafia, or a 1 in 51 chance of being a motion detector, hmm. Yeah, I wouldn't worry to much about fatigue this game, lol.

I still think we should shoot Baggly.

Oh, someone pointed out a way you could know, and that would be you are exactly the motion detector.

So, either a 4 in 17 chance of being mafia, or a 1 in 51 chance of being a motion detector, hmm. Yeah, I wouldn't worry to much about fatigue this game, lol.

Where did this happen??

Barney92 wrote: »
    From the matrix it seems that every role in column A is in column B, but not vice versa. If we find a role cop or motion detector we know we are in B. Would be useful if we were able to work it out eventually in order to evaluate future role claims.

giphy.gif
    Where did this happen??

Here.

Here.

Thanks sKeith but worries me that you figured out that he could be a RV and you posted that on the thread :confused:

• Advertisement

Hi bad guy #1.

It would be dangerous to assume there is a role cop just because I can't read. Hope im not going to end up tunneling you again this game, You and Strawbs messed me up (well I messed myself up) last long game.

Now im off to chase the dragon...boat... It's Dragon Boat Festival here

l.

Someone? Someone in a backroom? Who is someone?

see post #50

I see

Thanks sKeith but worries me that you figured out that he could be a RV and you posted that on the thread :confused:

Have to agree with this SK. I get you were using it as a “what are the odds” example but I wouldn’t be potentially outing RVs so soon just to get a point across. Could very well be that 1 in 50 times is now

TheSkunk wrote: »
    Have to agree with this SK. I get you were using it as a “what are the odds” example but I wouldn’t be potentially outing RVs so soon just to get a point across. Could very well be that 1 in 50 times is now

I think its higher than that.

0.5 * 0.2 * 1/17 = 0.00588

that's more like 1 in 170 or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Barney92

see post #50

At least I know one person is reading my posts.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Barney92

Well if it were to be a slip then we'd be in column b so I don't think you'd multiply by 0.5.

It would be dangerous to assume there is a role cop just because I can't read. Hope im not going to end up tunneling you again this game, You and Strawbs messed me up (well I messed myself up) last long game.

Now im off to chase the dragon...boat... It's Dragon Boat Festival here

What's a, where's a dragon boat festival?

• Advertisement

Hey people win the lotto on higher odds :pac:

I get what you’re saying though, you don’t think there is a possibility of him being the motion detector and that’s why you said it.

All I’m saying is I wouldn’t be posting roles on thread this early.

Advertisement