Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Americans - RTE pace

1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭migozarad

Very good show.As the previous poster alluded to,the timing by rte was very ill-advised-they did the same with the excellent Rescue Me some years ago.
    As regards the last episode specifically,I thought it odd that Stan would facilitate the Jenning's escape.Anyone else think that was strange?I had envisaged Elizabeth brutalizing him in a fist fight!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,021 ✭✭✭whatever76

migozarad wrote: »
    Very good show.As the previous poster alluded to,the timing by rte was very ill-advised-they did the same with the excellent Rescue Me some years ago.
    As regards the last episode specifically,I thought it odd that Stan would facilitate the Jenning's escape.Anyone else think that was strange?I had envisaged Elizabeth brutalizing him in a fist fight!

yea they got away to easily ! I think he got a bit conflicted with Henry as they are very close.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

deep down he always had a soft spot for the Jennings,

in the end his personal feeling overcame his professional obligations

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭Useless Lump

A fantastic end to a fantastic series.

From the moment Stan introduces himself as an FBI agent in the first episode it was obvious that he would somehow uncover the truth and confront Phillip & Elizabeth in the final episode.

That confrontation did not turn out in any way I had imagined. I had all along expected shootouts and death and chases but what happened was so much better.

Poor Oleg.

I had expected Renee to be revealed as an Illegal but I prefer that they didn’t answer it at all. I can’t decide if Stan (when he was looking at her sleeping) dismissed the notion or if he decided that he loved and didn’t care what the truth was.

The final three episodes were non-stop tension.

Advertisement